Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

fgmnt

Things that increase staffing like EMH will be last resorts IMO. Discounts, free DDP, free Genie+, etc is what we will see when needed.
Genie + being free or included would be the last resort imo. Free days on tickets and free dining are people getting a deal on a product that has been premium priced for a decade. Free Genie + would be making a paid product that was free 5 years ago free again. They won’t do it. Maybe they introduce a new alternate queue service that is priced high before giving people free reservations.

JD80

Genie + being free or included would be the last resort imo. Free days on tickets and free dining are people getting a deal on a product that has been premium priced for a decade. Free Genie + would be making a paid product that was free 5 years ago free again. They won’t do it. Maybe they introduce a new alternate queue service that is priced high before giving people free reservations.

I can see them doing some kind of free G+ offer for limited times when upgrading a standard ticket to a hopper ticket. They just get money in a different way.

Lilofan

This refers to positions that are not frontline employees that actually impact the guest experience. His target is cutting any white-collar jobs that they find redundant/unnecessary as well as divisions/groups in the company not necessary or losing cash... parks is not one of them. If they find EMH necessary to bring back customers in, they'll do it.
That is your opinion. Higher prices, smaller food portions , less offerings at parks, EMH used to be 3 hours , etc etc . My bet is no more additional EMH . Front line cast are not the ones making the calls. When Iger makes a directive it filters down the food chain

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Exactly. Seeing this kind of promo would not surprise me because there is nothing encouraging repeat visitors to repeat visit. I don’t think this is a connection made by the movers and shakers in Burbank but it makes sense to me as someone who has spent my own money on WDW property more than once in my life.

Would you classify that as a “longterm failure in management strategy”?

…might be a rhetorical 🤪

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They do have a lot, no doubt. How many do they have left to pull, though? And if they have to keep pulling more levers, what does that say about the current state of things?
The usual

“Free dining”…the fact they’re trying this kiddie crap says volumes about how bad they need the money/don’t want to be embarrassed.

Vastly discounted APs

Special “free days” tickets like universal

The usual.

Anecdotally: the $3000 off dvc promo I got this week didn’t move the needle for me

I hear 2024 bookings are really bad. But let’s watch it play? This global recession we’re in can’t last forever 😎

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Ah yes. If this lever was ever pulled that would spell only one thing...... Desperation.

Right now, I don't seeing that happening, but if the Disney Data folks see any effects from EPIC Universe, maybe.
I think desperation is an issue…but I think it’s deeper than that

It’s more of a “philosophical crisis” for them. Of their own choosing

That’s my hunch and confirmed by a few acquaintances whose opinions I really value

seabreezept813

I imagine even repeat people are spending less. One of my Disney obsessed friends says they’ll do one character meal max now when they used to do 5 or 6. This person goes yearly if not twice a year and isn’t booked yet for this year. I also wonder how many people book with the intention to cancel. I know I booked a bounce back but might cancel if there are not better deals.

JusticeDisney

I imagine even repeat people are spending less. One of my Disney obsessed friends says they’ll do one character meal max now when they used to do 5 or 6. This person goes yearly if not twice a year and isn’t booked yet for this year. I also wonder how many people book with the intention to cancel. I know I booked a bounce back but might cancel if there are not better deals.
Strictly anecdotal. Despite what certain people on this board might want you to believe, people are still flocking to WDW.

JusticeDisney

The usual

“Free dining”…the fact they’re trying this kiddie crap says volumes about how bad they need the money/don’t want to be embarrassed.

Vastly discounted APs

Special “free days” tickets like universal

The usual.

Anecdotally: the $3000 off dvc promo I got this week didn’t move the needle for me

I hear 2024 bookings are really bad. But let’s watch it play? This global recession we’re in can’t last forever 😎
Tell us what else you hear. 🤣

JusticeDisney

Despite what you think, Disney doesn't offer discounts just cause. They may be busy now but the forecast looks abysmal.
Despite what you think I never said WDW is as busy as it ever has been. Rather, I said that it is still very busy, which is a fact. I know that because I have seen it with my own eyes during my recent trips. As for your forecast, abysmal? Yeah, ok. LOL!

BuddyThomas

Despite what you think I never said WDW is as busy as it ever has been. Rather, I said that it is still very busy, which is a fact. I know that because I have seen it with my own eyes during my recent trips. As for your forecast, abysmal? Yeah, ok. LOL!
For some reason “fans” on a Disney fan site want Disney to fail. I’m getting very trollish vibes from the usual suspects.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom