Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Dranth

Same is true with G+.

I will bet you all my DVC points I get more rides per day than the average guest.

So what’s your point ?
But the low-end G+ user is likely getting more rides not to mention better shots at big rides then before which makes G+ basically the same for you while better for them from a ride perspective.

Yes, the extra cost stinks but how else do you limit it in a "fair" way as FP+ was unsustainable?

el_super

We obviously got both a price hike(every year) and paid fastpass. Lucky us.

If the price hikes and paid line skip service are meeting their intended purpose, the wait times shouldn't be so bad that you couldn't enjoy the park without Genie+. That should be the ultimate goal. A return back to the old system of having people willingly wait in a 30 minute line.

Grimley1968

We obviously got both a price hike(every year) and paid fastpass. Lucky us.

You have to appreciate the false choice offered. 🤣

I have to give credit where credit is due, though. I'm not sure there's any other company in the world that could take a system that was meant for crowd throttling on attractions, monetize that system over a period of years, and actually have some customers prefer that to the non-monetized system or, gasp, no throttling system.

TheMaxRebo

Exploiting may be too harsh a description for what was going on but it certainly was advantageous to be well familiar with the system.

That was definitely a big thing as people who, over years, learned how to maximize FP+ now had a new system that functions differently and they couldn't use it as well ... then add in that it now cost extra and creates negative experiences

I"be actually had more success with G+ (when use it, don't always get it) but takes more on the fly project management/effort and the extra cost stinks

But yeah, going for a system that was free and one knew how to really use it well to one that costs a extra and you haven't learned yet how to maximize is a big downgrade, at least in the short term

Trauma

That was definitely a big thing as people who, over years, learned how to maximize FP+ now had a new system that functions differently and they couldn't use it as well ... then add in that it now cost extra and creates negative experiences

I"be actually had more success with G+ (when use it, don't always get it) but takes more on the fly project management/effort and the extra cost stinks

But yeah, going for a system that was free and one knew how to really use it well to one that costs a extra and you haven't learned yet how to maximize is a big downgrade, at least in the short term
The biggest thing for me is since it’s now paid so when something goes wrong you kinda want it fixed.

So now you have to find 2 cast members under a blue umbrella somewhere, that are overwhelmed with a bunch of angry guests, so they can tap away at their iPad for 30 minutes trying to resolve the issue.

It’s terrible customer service and shows how little Disney respects the guest.

TheMaxRebo

The biggest thing for me is since it’s now paid so when something goes wrong you kinda want it fixed.

So now you have to find 2 cast members under a blue umbrella somewhere, that are overwhelmed with a bunch of angry guests, so they can tap away at their iPad for 30 minutes trying to resolve the issue.

It’s terrible customer service and shows how little Disney respects the guest.

Definitely does increase expectations - I'd say for ILL attractions even moreso

We had a few rides go down or weather and they had someone by the exit that was able to turn them into anytime use passes so we never had to go to a blue tent

Trauma

Definitely does increase expectations - I'd say for ILL attractions even moreso

We had a few rides go down or weather and they had someone by the exit that was able to turn them into anytime use passes so we never had to go to a blue tent
It also increases my expectations of maintenance.

If Rise is making 55 million a year in ILL why shouldn’t the effects be working ?

Thepuma

Ah, the paper Fastpass days. Good times indeed. The best part about paper Fastpasses was to go to the end of the queue and make some magic for someone and give them a fastpass.

We did the same 2 weeks ago when we had checked out of the Hard Rock after HHN...We were only in the park till Midday, so gave our Express Passes to a nice young couple who had just joined the end of the 80 minute queue for the Hogwarts express. They were so grateful as they were about to head into huge queues in Universal IOA.

I always try to do the same if I'm leaving a park early. Did it at Busch Gardens too, although it wasn't quite as buy there but still saved lots of time queuing.

Thepuma

It also increases my expectations of maintenance.

If Rise is making 55 million a year in ILL why shouldn’t the effects be working ?
I think your confusing them getting $55m with them wanting to give a damn about customer satisfaction.

I witness 3 major parts of Rise be not working for a whole week not long ago - luckily I hadn't paid the $20 plus tax for the privilege or I'd have been straight to Guest services for a refund.

But, at this point Disney just don't care. They are looming at ways to take more and more money, while giving less amd less in return.

They used to care about customer service and brand perception, unfortunately in 2023 those values are long gone, its the bottom line and the shareholders that matter the most.

Such a shame, but it is what it is.

Disstevefan1

I think your confusing them getting $55m with them wanting to give a damn about customer satisfaction.

I witness 3 major parts of Rise be not working for a whole week not long ago - luckily I hadn't paid the $20 plus tax for the privilege or I'd have been straight to Guest services for a refund.

But, at this point Disney just don't care. They are looming at ways to take more and more money, while giving less amd less in return.

They used to care about customer service and brand perception, unfortunately in 2023 those values are long gone, its the bottom line and the shareholders that matter the most.

Trophy.png

Trauma

The problem with this thesis is they are also failing the shareholder.

It’s almost as if they are ridiculously incompetent.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
So your only complaint is that G+ cost money where Fastpass didn't.

Would you have been better off with a straight across the board price hike to get into the park and free line skipping?

Actually my issue is they are charging for something that used to be free, and delivering a lesser product for it. I can't plan in advance, I have to pay for it day of (so I can't even work the cost into my budget planning for the trip because they decide what the cost is and announce it the morning it goes on sale), AND it's only good for one use per ride - unlike FP which was good for as many FP's as you could pull for the ride during the day.

Now, they charge you MORE if you want to use G+ in multiple parks versus there being one singular charge. The entire thing is more convoluted and complicated than it ever has been.

So, to answer your question - yes I would have rather them increased prices by $25/person per day and still had FP+ than have to be nickeled and dimed every morning of my vacation to use Genie+ instead.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom