Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

erasure fan1

Not going back among your reasons of swamp water coming out if the water fountains at WDW parks? I doubt the water coming out of the fountains of UO and SW are any better.
No. If you follow the thread back, it was about guest experience. The swamp water comparison was just to put it in perspective.

Lilofan

No. If you follow the thread back, it was about guest experience. The swamp water comparison was just to put it in perspective.
Whatever the case , travelers are in Central FL in droves. Recently at MCO at 4am , thousands of guests were in queue to clear TSA at Terminal B, 49 min wait.

erasure fan1

Whatever the case , travelers are in Central FL in droves. Recently at MCO at 4am , thousands of guests were in queue to clear TSA at Terminal B, 49 min wait.
Ok? I never said people weren't going. I said I wasn't going. I'm a drop in the bucket that Disney doesn't care about. There's a lot to do in central Florida without stepping foot in a Disney park.

msha88

Well 2 weeks into our 3 week stay I can categorically 100% say these parks are NO WAY quieter than previous years in like for like months.

Id go as far as saying in over 100 visits to Disney parks, this year has almost definitely been the busiest we have ever seen them.

I have no idea who is spinning the lies that they are quieter...I can only guess that's its Disney pushing that narrative to try to tempt more and more people to come.
We were at WDW last week of August and felt the parks themselves were quieter than our previous visit August 2022 (although we were there a couple of weeks later this year so likely more schools back etc.) By quieter I mean the walkways were less crowded, less people in restrooms / quick services / table services, shorter lines at Starbucks, no wait for mobile orders to be prepared etc.

However, the waits on MDE were higher than expected given the parks didn’t feel busy. They were at least as high as they had been in August 2022 with what felt like less people there. Whilst we did see short waits first thing / on MK MNSSHP party day / Hurricane Idalia day, a lot of the time most rides seemed to be 40 - 70 minute waits or above (things like TSM, BTM, RnRC, Space, Safaris, MMRR) which felt high in comparison to the number of people in the parks.

Most of the time the posted waits did turn out to be accurate (I can’t think of a time off the top of my head where it was off in either direction drastically.) It felt like it was our good old friend Genie+ slowing down the standby as we would often be stuck without moving at all for five plus minutes at a time (where they were merging the lines I guess). So it definitely seemed that a lot of people were still buying Genie+ even though the parks weren’t crazy busy. Just my take.

The Mom

Premium Member
I totally agree, rides will go down during the day...I can accept that to a degree, but every Disney park I've been in the 10 days so far has had at least 1 ride down (usually a major one) immediately the park has opened...and this I just don't buy, these rides have been opened up in the morning for years without 'technical problems'...why is it only now we are seeing daily pre park opening closures?

There's just too many of these for it to be a coincidence. These delayed openings are planned, they have to be.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, in The Sorrows of Young Werther, first published in 1774, writes "misunderstandings and neglect occasion more mischief in the world than even malice and wickedness. At all events, the two latter are of less frequent occurrence."

I'd go with neglect in this case.

Disstevefan1

Ok? I never said people weren't going. I said I wasn't going. I'm a drop in the bucket that Disney doesn't care about. There's a lot to do in central Florida without stepping foot in a Disney park.
So True!
1694523768068.png

Thepuma

Oh look...another Disney park and yet another day where they have a delayed opening/technical issues (or the truth, they don't want to put staff on to get it working at park open and to fill other rides to get times up and hey...sell more Genies yeah?)

Pirates down...almost an impossible ride to have 'technical dificulties'

wannabeBelle

I was at Universal last year. Saw Jurassic coaster down for most of the morning. It happens.
I agree however according to Universal's Website there are 51 things to do in that park, Hollywood Studios has 20 so that is a big difference. If you get down to actual rides and not necessarily shows, the numbers are even more startling. Take out one or two rides and it is a very real problem. New Construction to increase capacity needs to happen but apparently wont be in the next few years, which is the whole point of what is being said. Marie

Tony the Tigger

After this holiday I'm not.

Does that answer your question.
Then we’ll never have to read this again. Woo hoo!
Well 2 weeks into our 3 week stay I can categorically 100% say these parks are NO WAY quieter than previous years in like for like months.
They must be doing something right.
But don't you worry, we've had 1 trip in the last 6yrs.
Given how busy OP says they are, they have no reason to address your concerns.

Tony the Tigger

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, in The Sorrows of Young Werther, first published in 1774, writes "misunderstandings and neglect occasion more mischief in the world than even malice and wickedness. At all events, the two latter are of less frequent occurrence."

I'd go with neglect in this case.

I agree however according to Universal's Website there are 51 things to do in that park, Hollywood Studios has 20 so that is a big difference. If you get down to actual rides and not necessarily shows, the numbers are even more startling. Take out one or two rides and it is a very real problem. New Construction to increase capacity needs to happen but apparently wont be in the next few years, which is the whole point of what is being said. Marie
Wow, even the tertiary Disney infrastructure has turned.

Mark the post, at least no one can say you’re in their pocket, or even pixie dusters. (That’s a good thing.)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I know what one - minus the Covid stuff - by heart

I meant the small print on the GENIE.

You click “buy”, what are you agreeing to? Honest question.
FP was free and universally available. Since G+ is not free, does Disney have a legal obligation to run each ride at max capacity to minimize standby wait times? Or accurately report Standby wait times?
I would say
“No…no…and no”

But that would be in a legal disclaimer.

But even if it’s not…you’d have to sue them to make such a claim and they don’t really lose operational disputes.

Somebody would have sued (me) them for mere existence of after hours if that were the case. But it’s a fools errand. They control the kingdom like Louis XIV

And even “free” on fastpass could be wiggled out of.
Old: included in the cost
New: split out

Old: “we got it for free”
New: “now you have choice…your ticket would be ALOT more for everyone now if you win”

Judge: “you lose…bang…what’s for lunch?”

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Back in the day conventions booked the Great Movie Ride for private dinners for companies who shelled out the cash. Event guests would wine and dine on the GMR track surrounded by the different scenes of the attraction. This made of creative use of the ride attraction.
I did one…it was actually really cool.

And it also was DIFFERENT…not reselling the same thing which is all the bobs really do these days.
You could ha e at one time if you had The Tables in Wonderland membership that failed.
Failure? That generated loads of volume - especially in state - that lead to revenue they wouldn’t have otherwise and ancillary merch sales to boot. Winners all the way around.

But no “unplanned discounts” in the Blue Ocean….reject

Andrew25

I don't think attraction downtime is due to a secret agenda to push wait times up by keeping attractions closed, I just think maintenance is really bad. Just looking at the state of some attractions is all you need to know.

I do think wait-times are inflated to consider potential downtime, the ridiculous Genie to Standby ratio, and the fact that one attraction down causes a domino effect throughout the park due to a lack of capacity.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Then we’ll never have to read this again. Woo hoo!
The mermaid thread? Thank you, Jesus 🙏🏻
They must be doing something right.
Or their customers are wrong…which always is a fun discussion! 😎
Given how busy OP says they are, they have no reason to address your concerns.
…but they’re not. I made a casual inquiry and not surprising - business hasn’t picked up.

The genie doesn’t tell you what you think it does. (Not “you”…any of us)
It may tell you the line is long…but isn’t highlight that was guaranteed based on normal travel increases 10 years ago. The cake is made.
And the “exclusive holiday events” may “sell out”…but that means almost nothing in regards to the daily operation…where yogurt makes the real money in the shops.
Hell…we don’t even know what the hell “sold out” means?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom