Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Nubs70

Well, having been here 10 days...the same 10 days I've been every year...I can categorically sayTHIS year is the busiest it has ever been.

I have never seen Living With The Land anything above 5 minutes..it is 30 today. Soarin 80 minutes, we walked out the queue as it wasn't moving (due to oversold G+ id imagine).. Frozen by the way is down AGAIN!!...Spaceship Earth 30 minutes...we've never queued more than 5 minutes ever!!..Nemo 25 mins (I've never seen this above 5/10).

There's even 1 line which looked about 2 hours long out in the sun. We asked what it was for and the worker said.."to meet figment"....I thought she was joking but she was dead serious ..I just laughed.

That new Way Of Water Moana preview thing has brutally long lines in the full sun.

I'm doing my LL+ for Guardians then we are off back to the hotel - there's no point being out today.

But was it hot outside?

Lilofan

I’ve noticed people pulling back locally. It happens so slowly it’s almost not noticeable and then you start seeing places close down.

My dh works for a major airline and they’ve been offering voluntary time off. If you visit the job forums on Reddit you’ll see how the job market is slowing down considerably. Credit card debt is at all time high, savings are decreasing. I don’t see good times ahead. I do see some better deals at wdw if you can afford it. The question is it worth it.
One place in my area where there is a continual line of cars from the drive thru , parking lot and into the main road is the drive thru at Starbucks. One who worked with us always complains of being in debt but won't give up her 3x a day Starbucks addiction putting all charges on the card.

celluloid

One place in my area where there is a continual line of cars from the drive thru , parking lot and into the main road is the drive thru at Starbucks. One who worked with us always complains of being in debt but won't give up her 3x a day Starbucks addiction putting all charges on the card.

Well she is another who won't be able to afford that Disney trip's expenses.

Thepuma

If anyone tried walking past our family while we were in queue headed towards the front , we would be having a discussion .
.......we never walked past people in the queue lol...the point made was that there was no queue - even though Disney said it was 40 minutes.

Splash4eva

I truly dont know where to post this and please remove but did they announce anything new as an addition this past weekend? Or are we looking at more potential overlays and rethemes in regards to rides and attractions? Seems to me another underwhelming list of announcements.

James Alucobond

I truly dont know where to post this and please remove but did they announce anything new as an addition this past weekend? Or are we looking at more potential overlays and rethemes in regards to rides and attractions? Seems to me another underwhelming list of announcements.
Adds above and beyond what is currently open or about to open would be the pirate lounge in Magic Kingdom, potentially Encanto at Animal Kingdom, and then anything that might materialize from the Magic Kingdom blue sky.

AEfx

As far as I can tell, nope - just a bunch of "we might do this" crap.

It looks like Dinosaur will end up with the same fate as the GMR - a world-class, unique attraction that they just let sit and rot, until it's gotten so bad they finally pony up the bucks to do something, and instead of fixing/enhancing they just do an overlay instead.

The rest of it was all...really? LOL. Even the Disney parks video on it was so lackluster, they couldn't even make any of it sound even remotely interesting much less exciting.

At this point, I just have to wonder about D23 - I can't imagine anyone other than social media attending these events - I mean, who actually is such a die hard fan that this stuff is worth paying money to attend?

Given some of the previous rumors, I will not be surprised at all if this is the last hurrah of D23 - it's just such a joke at this point.

celluloid

It looks like Dinosaur will end up with the same fate as the GMR - a world-class, unique attraction that they just let sit and rot, until it's gotten so bad they finally pony up the bucks to do something, and instead of fixing/enhancing they just do an overlay instead.

It is wild how common this is now. More often than ever you see guests coping with changes with statements like "Well a lot was broken anyway"
"It has looked bad for years"

That is lack of upkeep and separate from an attraction being replaced. They did not slow down and stop on fixing things on rides ten years ago because it might get replaced in 12. All that is doing is admitting the theme parks have more than one problem.

Lilofan

The rest of it was all...really? LOL. Even the Disney parks video on it was so lackluster, they couldn't even make any of it sound even remotely interesting much less exciting.

At this point, I just have to wonder about D23 - I can't imagine anyone other than social media prostitutes attending these events - I mean, who actually is such a die hard fan that this stuff is worth paying money to attend?

Given some of the previous rumors, I will not be surprised at all if this is the last hurrah of D23 - it's just such a joke at this point.
Back in the day conventions booked the Great Movie Ride for private dinners for companies who shelled out the cash. Event guests would wine and dine on the GMR track surrounded by the different scenes of the attraction. This made of creative use of the ride attraction.

Miss Bella

I’ve never gotten the Starbucks obsession. Some of those coffee drinks have as many calories as a milkshake.

Miss Bella

WDW is more than just parks though. They need resorts to be full too. I would bet the majority of guests right now are staying off property
I think that’s always been the case. There are percentage of people like myself that would rather not go then stay out of the bubble. I would guess just by looking at the number of hotels in Orlando that a very high percentage of guests do stay offsite.

Smugpugmug

Back in the day conventions booked the Great Movie Ride for private dinners for companies who shelled out the cash. Event guests would wine and dine on the GMR track surrounded by the different scenes of the attraction. This made of creative use of the ride attraction.
I would actually pay to do that, no joke lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom