Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Disney is guilty of so many things but imo to falsely claim parties are sold out would be completely foolish of them especially considering they would probably easily be able to sell out day of or day before for people that are their already…
On these “premium upsell events” 🙄

…capacity is always relative and dynamic.
So ask yourself: is there a rush to get tickets a week or two out and that’s why they “sell out”?
…or do they judge when the market is tapped out, announce “sell out”, and use that decree to push the market toward more expensive dates?

Remember…the prices always start low and go higher…

Splash4eva

On these “premium upsell events” 🙄

…capacity is always relative and dynamic.
So ask yourself: is there a rush to get tickets a week or two out and that’s why they “sell out”?
…or do they judge when the market is tapped out, announce “sell out”, and use that decree to push the market toward more expensive dates?

Remember…the prices always start low and go higher…
I totally get that and see your point if they get to a point where tickets are no longer selling BUT unless they are close to their internal capacity/satisfaction level i dont see them announcing these events are sold out and not allowing people to purchase same day. So many times ive been in the parks and here people talk about wishing they knew about the party or wishing they can buy tickets etc. So in this case i think they are valid sell outs and not lets bluff the crowds and force their hand…

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I totally get that and see your point if they get to a point where tickets are no longer selling BUT unless they are close to their internal capacity/satisfaction level i dont see them announcing these events are sold out and not allowing people to purchase same day. So many times ive been in the parks and here people talk about wishing they knew about the party or wishing they can buy tickets etc. So in this case i think they are valid sell outs and not lets bluff the crowds and force their hand…
Disney has always managed its capacity to steer the sheep where they want you to go…

Upthread…we talked about “low occupancy” At resorts. Shutting down wings or buildings that aren’t booked and moving people around to save overhead.

they “may” sell those rooms if they keep them available…but they choose to cut losses and live with it.

If they have 5,000 tickets available for a Tuesday night in September and it’s - week out…Are they gonna “sell those”?

Not many…so at some point the bump of “sold out” for next week, next holiday, next year might look like a better play?

Last edited:

seabreezept813

I think part of the reason the Halloween parties are selling out is the lack of new offerings. We decided whenever we go next time we’ll probably do one in place of a park day to switch things up. We were at the world last week and heard lots of people only doing 1 or 2 park days and the party.

Figments Friend

In the Parks
Yes
What I'm curious about is, if they a struggling to fill resorts and people attending the parks. Who is buying the Halloween tickets?
A lot of locals buy the Party tickets.
Those that are not APs, or those that just do not want to deal with Park Reservations, etc.
APs and DVC Members get decent discounts off of Party tickets which can motivate some as well.

Also it has to be said that many buy them who live locally to just try to score the Party exclusive merchandise, with the intent to resell 'flip' on eBay and elsewhere.
Bascially, they resell one Party exclusive spirit jersey on Ebay and the cost covers their ticket for the night = free party night for them.

There are of course just those who live locally and want to go because they love the Halloween Events.

-

Last edited:

AEfx

Just curious, AEfx: But was the after party really packed, or was it an enjoyable crowd? I just wonder if they are going to over promote these after hours parties and cause a crowding problem?

This was a Sunday night party last year, and it was busy, but since we just wanted on the rides and didn't care anything about waiting in line for cookies or whatever, we were happy with the experience. We got there at 4 and stayed until 12, and though we pretty much ignored the "party" aspect, we were able to ride all the major attractions (some multiple times).

Figments Friend

In the Parks
Yes
Some are those not going to the parks during the day as they would have normally and see the after hours events and parties as a way to go and enjoy it how they used to, without park reservations, genie+, and lower crowds.

Disney has created such a mess some actually prefer to just do after hours events now
This, as well!

;)

-

Splash4eva

Disney has always managed its capacity to steer the sheep where they want you to go…

Upthread…we talked about “low occupancy” At resorts. Shutting down wings or buildings that aren’t booked and moving people around to save overhead.

they “may” sell those rooms if they keep them available…but they choose to cut loses and live with it.

If they have 5,000 tickets available for a today night in September and it’s - week out…Are they gonna “sell those”?

Not many…so at some point the bump of “sold out” for next week, next holiday, next year might look like a better play?
I totally get your point but in this case i truly dont think they need to do that to the extent people are thinking…

Splash4eva

Some are those not going to the parks during the day as they would have normally and see the after hours events and parties as a way to go and enjoy it how they used to, without park reservations, genie+, and lower crowds.

Disney has created such a mess some actually prefer to just do after hours events now
not to mention the parks seem to be emptier on party days as people dont want to waste their ticket on what amounts to be a very shortened day

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Correct…and ironically fundamentally defeats their plans/strategy with the afterhours events

Which I love…can’t lie

Splash4eva

Maybe in the past they didn't. The fact they are sending out emails with discounts for these parties says different
So can i ask you or anyone who feels this way… they have “sold out” many nights. What percent do you feel is really sold out than? If you are sayings its a “lie” im curious what everyone thinks

Jrb1979

So can i ask you or anyone who feels this way… they have “sold out” many nights. What percent do you feel is really sold out than? If you are sayings its a “lie” im curious what everyone thinks
IMO since they never announce attendance for these parties, they can put up the sold out sign if the other days are struggling to sell.

My guess is the first few sold out nights were probably close to what they want attendance to be. The ones since then I wouldn't be surprised if it's lower than planned to push people to other dates. The more they do that then "FOMO" kicks in for the rest

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You’ll never get a definitive answer…we “speculate”

But you can read the room and ask: “what Benefits Disney the most?”

In that answer lies the objective truth

DisneyDreamerxyz

Locals still popping in to have their made at home meals in a nice setting. That should prop the numbers up.
Yep, resort bookings for the fall have increased heavily recently and it’s a lot of locals and annual pass holders booking trips the week of (last minute “weekend” trips etc) or deciding to stay on property the night of the party etc) Good for Disney I guess! Shell out enough discounts and benefits people will come! Who knew?

jpeden

In the Parks
No
IMO since they never announce attendance for these parties, they can put up the sold out sign if the other days are struggling to sell.

My guess is the first few sold out nights were probably close to what they want attendance to be. The ones since then I wouldn't be surprised if it's lower than planned to push people to other dates. The more they do that then "FOMO" kicks in for the rest

In addition cutting sales and announcing it as sold out saves them on staffing IF it really isn’t sold out.

AEfx

This is literally the only reason Disney got any of our money last year during our week at Universal.

I was willing to pay the steep party price for eight hours in the MK that wasn't full of BS phone lottery nonsense. We were able to do all the classic rides and just pretty much ignored the "party" aspect.

Disstevefan1

If Disney says the party is sold out, in this case I think they are telling the truth.

I think they are actually limiting the parties to an actual number instead of overselling these parties like they did in the pre covid days.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If Disney says the party is sold out, in this case I think they are telling the truth.

I think they are actually limiting the parties to an actual number instead of overselling these parties like they did in the pre covid days.
The live vlogging of the park during the party nights show that last year and this year, the crowds are being kept significantly less than the pre-pandemic years.

All anyone has to do, is search YouTube for those videos.

<this is not pointed at you, @Disstevefan1 > If you doubt it, do your own research rather than float vague conspiracy theories.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom