Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

erasure fan1

You're not supporting that point - just making an assertion and veiling it with 'opinion' or 'perception' to avoid having to be accurate.
I'm not "avoiding being accurate" because you don't have to be when you are giving opinion. I gave the information I've seen followed with "we are just a few fish in the ocean". The information I gave is 100% accurate in my circle. I've talked to friends, family, plus myself, who have all been recently have had this perception. Believe it or don't, that's fine, I was just giving insight as to why it comes up so much.
You get a estimate. That estimate is made in good faith, but is not binding.
I'm not sure after my visit last week, Disney has any good faith.
If in your heard of hearts believed that - don't you think Disney would have to address the topic at some point? Instead, it's a conversation largely stuck in fan-forums.
No, I don't. Why would they? Disney doesn't care about that kind of stuff. I was there for a week last week and if I was Disney, I'd be absolutely embarrassed with so much of what's happening at the parks right now.

Last edited:

Touchdown

I see a very simple way to encourage people to go to Epcot, something that does not cost Disney any money, and potentially could earn them money. Ready? Get rid of GotGs virtual queue. This would draw more crowds to that ride, increasing ILL uptake, decrease waits at other attractions in the park and if they wanted to, Star in an ad campaign to patrons that now they could save the Universe as often as they want.

CntrlFlPete

the EPCOT/AK ticket just seems odd to me. It runs near $80 a park. They have a FL 4 day ticket that runs near $60 a day that would be better for locals, so I guess the EPCOT/AK is for FL residents that need to travel who would consider a two day trip:

Florida Resident Disney Summer Magic Tickets

Florida Resident Disney Summer Magic Tickets
Florida residents can purchase a 4-Day Disney Summer Magic Ticket for $58 per day, plus tax (total price: $229 plus tax)—or choose from other great Disney Summer Magic Ticketoptions. This ticket can be used on consecutive or non-consecutive days.
Explore ticket options:

When it comes to inflated times for queues, what falls flat to me in the argument is that I thought Genie+ started as an item that could be pre-bought. I know they stopped that, but I thought I heard it was coming back. Disney knows how to sell stuff and if Genie+ were allowed to be pre-purchased again, well, no one knows the wait time ahead of time. I always see folks lined up at UNI to buy a front of line product outside the park prior to seeing how crowded it is inside the park. Personally, I truly more folks buy Genie+ because they want the best experience, want to feel special on their visit.

I think the issue is w/ wait times is that Disney is pretty bad at data understanding what the data is telling them.

Central FL is lighter than normal this summer (per Orange county mentioning that the tourist tax intakes are down) which accounts for most of the issue of 'lighter crowds', but when it comes to Disney's hotel booking being down -- well, they took away Magical Express which I am sure gets folks looking at better (off site) hotels that offer much better rates than a Disney stay coupled with the new cost of transportation visitors face. This leads me to believe that Hotel occupancy might not be the best of measures to correlate to crowd levels.

One last statement around the heat strictly on 7/4. I know locals that planned to go (passholders so no 'unused ticket') that did not due to the heat. Ride times do not reflect crowd levels. An example would be AK on their 25th. We went that afternoon. Every section of parking at AK was being used. The park was very very packed. Ride times were rather low, the merchandize lines took more time than ride queues. That day showed me what the local AP effect could have on crowds which gets me to believe many local MIGHT often use wdw as their place to celebrate the 4th. Just my $0.05 take on some things.

Nubs70

Crane is up at the castle. Must be getting an early start on Christmas lights.
20230802_133732.jpg

Nubs70

Observations:

No G+ or Lightning Lane
Not 1 stroller seen
No scooters
Removal of swan boats at facsimile #2 is a severe thematical error
Not too busy bit it was only in upper 70's
However, due to distance and elevation change, the amount of sweat running down my backside was similar to facsimile #2

All in all, I can really understand where the inspiration came from.

some other guy

There’s a house in my neighborhood that has a basement. It can be done in Florida but it’s so costly, needs the right lot, and you’re really running the risk of a sinkhole
iirc there's a been a few planned communities in Florida over the years that basically did the same thing Disney did, where they build on the ground, put in a basement, put a house above that, and fill in so there's the illusion that the ground is actually where the house stand
but yeah I was just making a Simpsons reference and screwed up the line lol
1691002122978.png

UNCgolf

Skyliner access at CBR affects that.

Yes, but for me, the Skyliner access makes CBR even worse because I would prefer bus service to EPCOT and DHS.

Even if I liked the Skyliner, though, Riverside is just a much better resort than CBR.

Yeah, we usually bucked CBR as we need room for 5 and that was generally the cheapest option but not anymore (usually) - so we are actually starting at Riverside with the Disney+ deal it's $200.25/night

If you've never been to Riverside you're in for a treat; there's no comparison between it and CBR to me.

Chi84

Premium Member
Yes, but for me, the Skyliner access makes CBR even worse because I would prefer bus service to EPCOT and DHS.

Even if I liked the Skyliner, though, Riverside is just a much better resort than CBR.

If you've never been to Riverside you're in for a treat; there's no comparison between it and CBR to me.
Riverside has been my favorite of all the Disney resorts (including the deluxes) back to the time when it was Dixie Landings. It wasn’t even completed on our first stay there.

But the Skyliner has been a game-changer for us on our last several non-DVC trips. We don’t go to MK often and love to spend evenings at Epcot. The convenience is incredible.

UNCgolf

Riverside has been my favorite of all the Disney resorts (including the deluxes) back to the time when it was Dixie Landings. It wasn’t even completed on our first stay there.

But the Skyliner has been a game-changer for us on our last several non-DVC trips. We don’t go to MK often and love to spend evenings at Epcot. The convenience is incredible.

Oh sure -- I definitely understand why people want to stay at CBR if they like the Skyliner, and I'm sure the majority like it. If you don't like it, though, it essentially turns those resorts into a no-go. Thankfully I had no interest in staying at any of what became the Skyliner resorts anyways, so it really didn't change anything for me. I'd be sad if it was expanded to Riverside!

We usually end up at EPCOT and/or Disney Springs most evenings too.

I also think it's risky to stay at a Skyliner resort in the summer since it has to stop operation regularly and Disney hasn't been great at substituting in bus service at those times.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom