Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Br0ckford

However will you maximize the value of your passes if you don't spend every possible minute in the parks? Sacrilege!
You do it Like this

PREMiERdrum

So they’re flirting with 80% occupancy basically? What was occupancy post 2008/2009 or even post September 11th?

That’s ROUGH.

It is a better look from a PR standpoint to take sections offline instead of a whole resort - I get that 100% but man that is not good for Disney if this continues.

Is this trend continuing into November and December as well?
In order:
Yep.
Yes it is.
Agree.
Unfortunately.

Eric Graham

We are going for a few days next week and pretty much avoiding parks during the day because of the heat. Doing EMH at MK (we will get there around 6/7), Hollywood Studios for a few hours one evening, and after hours at Epcot the other day. Trying to avoid the heat and crowds as much as possible
Stay hydrated! I go outside to watch the butterfly and hummingbirds during the day with my dog and I almost die. You are a braver soul than me!

Splash4eva

It’s reaping what you’ve sown

The “plan” of bobs was never sustainable

Disney fans/workers - I’ve found - have little awareness of the “long game”
Serious question here…

How do you stop the bleeding? What needs to get done to right these wrongs? In reality does this company have the cash/financial capacity to invest the billions thats needed to fix the assumed problems with capacity and entertainment/parades

Lilofan

Serious question here…

How do you stop the bleeding? What needs to get done to right these wrongs? In reality does this company have the cash/financial capacity to invest the billions thats needed to fix the assumed problems with capacity and entertainment/parades
Possibly after the sale of company assets, divisions etc that will affect some employment . Iger made no bones about it, a lot of work to be done in his CNBC interview to include looking to selling parts of company in so many words.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Serious question here…

They're trying to stop an arterial bleed with a band-aid right now when they need a tourniquet if occupancy is pushing 80% and they're taking resort sections offline. In no particular order what I think would help:

• Restore DME (even if they can't do it with bag delivery service since Bags, Inc. went bankrupt)
  • Make G+ free for on-site guests (or at least at the deluxe resorts)
  • Make G+ "discounted" for on-site guests not at deluxe resorts
  • Reduce prices overall (F&B, Hotels, Tickets) - they won't do this but they may start making discounts more aggressive
  • Improve show and maintenace which has started to lag at both the parks and resorts
  • Provide free magic bands (just basic ones, not MB+) to onsite guests again
  • Get rid of park-hopping restrictions
  • Bring back a night parade to MK - it was a core part of the experience for so many years that has been abandoned
  • Bring back daily housekeeping to ALL resorts - not just deluxe resorts
  • Bring back EMH's for ALL resorts in full - not this split system (and I say this as someone who normally stays deluxe)
Some of these aren't huge things, but they made the "Disney Difference" - which they've completely forgotten about. It's why you could say "yeah Disney's expensive but it's worth it becayse of this, this, and that, and maybe a little intangible here or there, but you just knew it was different in a good way" so you didn't mind paying more. They've lost the majority of that.

In addition they need to really focus on making Traditions longer an ingraining in the CM's the service values - the past couple of times I've met some downright rude cast members and I walked away thinking behavior pre-pandemic of that nature would have led them to be fired had that interaction been reported (which is why I didn't report it).

They need to stop lowering their standards because it lets them save a dollar. Keeping standards high and raising them even further may cost them money in the short run, but they'll more than make up for it in the long run with loyalty and repeat visits from guests. They've lost sight of that fact.

Aurorafan

They're trying to stop an arterial bleed with a band-aid right now when they need a tourniquet if occupancy is pushing 80% and they're taking resort sections offline. In no particular order what I think would help:

• Restore DME (even if they can't do it with bag delivery service since Bags, Inc. went bankrupt)
  • Make G+ free for on-site guests (or at least at the deluxe resorts)
  • Make G+ "discounted" for on-site guests not at deluxe resorts
  • Reduce prices overall (F&B, Hotels, Tickets) - they won't do this but they may start making discounts more aggressive
  • Improve show and maintenace which has started to lag at both the parks and resorts
  • Provide free magic bands (just basic ones, not MB+) to onsite guests again
  • Get rid of park-hopping restrictions
  • Bring back a night parade to MK - it was a core part of the experience for so many years that has been abandoned
  • Bring back daily housekeeping to ALL resorts - not just deluxe resorts
  • Bring back EMH's for ALL resorts in full - not this split system (and I say this as someone who normally stays deluxe)
Some of these aren't huge things, but they made the "Disney Difference" - which they've completely forgotten about. It's why you could say "yeah Disney's expensive but it's worth it becayse of this, this, and that, and maybe a little intangible here or there, but you just knew it was different in a good way" so you didn't mind paying more. They've lost the majority of that.

In addition they need to really focus on making Traditions longer an ingraining in the CM's the service values - the past couple of times I've met some downright rude cast members and I walked away thinking behavior pre-pandemic of that nature would have led them to be fired had that interaction been reported (which is why I didn't report it).

They need to stop lowering their standards because it lets them save a dollar. Keeping standards high and raising them even further may cost them money in the short run, but they'll more than make up for it in the long run with loyalty and repeat visits from guests. They've lost sight of that fact.
They need to cut prices, not just discount them.

orion54

Serious question here…

To fix the Disney Animated, Pixar, and Parks, they need to bring back Lassiter and clean house. To fix the budget, they need to get rid of all current execs and redo to salary structure. Use the savings to fix the issues at the parks. Ego, I mean Iger, needs to go and so does his board. It's been long past due. Iger wants to get into politics. He's been trying for a long time but no one wants him.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Serious question here…

Tons of answers could apply here but I’ll start with a few

Quit using movies and park decisions to make statements. This is going to kill their brand image whether you agree with it or not

Make entertaining original movies again.

Announce mass expansion of Animal Kingdom, Epcot, and DHS and get to work now

Remove park reservations and park hopping restrictions

Fix G+ and get back to where people can go to Disney World without feeling like they have to work each day all day to enjoy it the way we used to.

More perks for onsite guests

Fix their ridiculously inoperable websites that crash every time something new comes out. I mean seriously what year is this

Get rid of Bob and get someone in there who understands how not to make dumb decisions.

Etc etc etc etc

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom