Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

TheMaxRebo

Sounds good...we have our final 😫 trip to florida starting 30th August for 3 weeks. Hopefully it won't be too busy then as I'm hoping to get a lot done.

should be fine overall but will get little pops of crowds as some of the schools that go back early do have a fall break and some areas get a few days for the Jewish holidays. But overall you should be good!

dreday3

I get the jokes being made about people not coming because it's hot...but I mean, it's really hot. All over the world. I can definitely see vacation patterns changing in the future due to our new extreme weather swings.
Fact of life now unfortunately.

celluloid

I get the jokes being made about people not coming because it's hot...but I mean, it's really hot. All over the world. I can definitely see vacation patterns changing in the future due to our new extreme weather swings.

It happens in the Winter too and although extremes will change due to climate changes. This is still a random small snapshot.

The parks were a ghost town Christmas week in 1989 because it was so dang cold.

Splash4eva

i would like to ask you or anyone for that matter... do you know anyone that has cancelled their trips because the weather was going to be way too hot where they were going? if so how many did NOT cancel in comparison... I literally just got back from Florida knew the weather was gonna be teh surface of the sun and not once did i even contemplate cancelling... as did the literal 6 other families i know that were traveling to the state as well in different areas. I have yet to find 1 person to cancel bc the weather was too hot

Br0ckford

i would like to ask you or anyone for that matter... do you know anyone that has cancelled their trips because the weather was going to be way too hot where they were going? if so how many did NOT cancel in comparison... I literally just got back from Florida knew the weather was gonna be teh surface of the sun and not once did i even contemplate cancelling... as did the literal 6 other families i know that were traveling to the state as well in different areas. I have yet to find 1 person to cancel bc the weather was too hot
I have never canceled due to heat.
When my son was still in school, July was really our only option. We'd go over the 4th. Knowing it was gonna be hot didn't stop us.
We have started scheduling our trips to WDW around the heat now that we can though.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
It's all about what you are use to. Personally I grew up just a bit to the North East of Orlando, inland from Savanah so heat and humidity isn't an issue.

dreday3

My post said patterns may change in the future. The future.
It's just going to get hotter and yes, I'll change plans to not visit places that are ungodly hot. We are going to WDW in Dec 2024 for the first time and not going in the heat is one of those reasons.

Has no one been watching the news? Greece? It's not just a normal hot summer. 🤷‍♀️

Smugpugmug

I don't know anyone that has canceled a trip they already booked due to the heat but I do people that purposefully book trips during times other than the summer to avoid the immense heat. One of my neighbors always books fall trips to various places (not just Disney) and she has zero issue taking her kids out of school to do so.

Splash4eva

My post said patterns may change in the future. The future.
It's just going to get hotter and yes, I'll change plans to not visit places that are ungodly hot. We are going to WDW in Dec 2024 for the first time and not going in the heat is one of those reasons.

Has no one been watching the news? Greece? It's not just a normal hot summer. 🤷‍♀️
My dad lives in vegas its been 110-120 for what seems like forever he said... i would vacation there annually during the week of the 4th.... again the point im making is "noone" is cancelling already booked trips to places because its "hot" & yes i know about the weather in Greece actually have a friend going there in a couple days and no she is Not looking to cancel nor is she worried about the weather ruining her trip

Andrew25

Are we forgetting that WDW knew attendance was going to be soft back in January/February? I know it's hot, and it's been a trend over the last few years even before Covid for attendance to get softer during the summer... so something else is at play.

dreday3

My dad lives in vegas its been 110-120 for what seems like forever he said... i would vacation there annually during the week of the 4th.... again the point im making is "noone" is cancelling already booked trips to places because its "hot" & yes i know about the weather in Greece actually have a friend going there in a couple days and no she is Not looking to cancel nor is she worried about the weather ruining her trip

Holy cannoli, that's not what my post you quoted said. I'm just discussing due to the fact of changing weather, vacations patterns may change in the future!

Lilofan

Vegas in the summertime when I visited was like the Sahara without the sand. The guys up and down the Strip selling cold drinks out of their portable coolers were doing a brisk business.

Splash4eva

Holy cannoli, that's not what my post you quoted said. I'm just discussing due to the fact of changing weather, vacations patterns may change in the future!
how did you know i liked cannoli's? ;) and personally i dont think travel patterns will change bc lets face it Florida being hot in july is NO big newsflash or some breaking event....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom