Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Lilofan

how did you know i liked cannoli's? ;) and personally i dont think travel patterns will change bc lets face it Florida being hot in july is NO big newsflash or some breaking event....
Cannolis actually real ones don't exist in FL. I miss the great Italian pastry when visiting NJ/NYC.

Ayla

My dad lives in vegas its been 110-120 for what seems like forever he said... i would vacation there annually during the week of the 4th.... again the point im making is "noone" is cancelling already booked trips to places because its "hot" & yes i know about the weather in Greece actually have a friend going there in a couple days and no she is Not looking to cancel nor is she worried about the weather ruining her trip
Depending on where she's going, she may have to worry about everything being burnt to the ground when she arrives.

TheMaxRebo

Seeing a spike on the wait times for today too. Hedging bets inflated again. 9 days tomorrow till we go. Single figures
Peter Pan right now 95-minute standby. Attendance seems normal to me.

MK and DHS seem more crowded today, Epcot is slower

Just checked Lines app for reported (not posted) wait times and in DHS 4 rides have a wait of 66mins or more (does help that RnRC and MMRR are currently down) and at MK 7 attractions have waits for 59mins or more (Pirates has been down a bit)

TheMaxRebo

I know people have been wondering about expected crowd levels for the fall ... as another data point, the 2nd MNSSHP just sold out for this year, that is 3 days faster than the 2nd party sold out last year (so roughly on pace)

CntrlFlPete

i would like to ask you or anyone for that matter... do you know anyone that has cancelled their trips because the weather was going to be way too hot where they were going? if so how many did NOT cancel in comparison... I literally just got back from Florida knew the weather was gonna be teh surface of the sun and not once did i even contemplate cancelling... as did the literal 6 other families i know that were traveling to the state as well in different areas. I have yet to find 1 person to cancel bc the weather was too hot

I know more than a handful of locals who did not go to the parks (they had originally planned to) on 7/4 because it was too hot.

Splash4eva

I know more than a handful of locals who did not go to the parks (they had originally planned to) on 7/4 because it was too hot.
key demographic... locals they are NOT people who have planned vacations that were cancelled... if some one decides they didnt want to go somewhere they can on any given day for the most part its an easy decision to make.... so the alternative for them was what? stay in the house? maybe hang in the pool if they have one? I dk maybe its me it was hot but far from a heat that was unbearable to a point you couldnt stay outside... yes i know everyone is different etc... but ill stand by my take that the weather did NOT cause any significant decrease in attendance

Tha Realest

We’re set to go next week. Yeah, it’s going to be hot. We assumed that when we booked months ago. It’s also going to be over 100 all week where we live, so really no good options weather wise here.

LSLS

Did they all cancel hotels and dining reservations for the week as well? Cause resorts all had openings and we booked Ohana breakfast the day of on the 6th.

CntrlFlPete

key demographic... locals they are NOT people who have planned vacations that were cancelled... if some one decides they didnt want to go somewhere they can on any given day for the most part its an easy decision to make.... so the alternative for them was what? stay in the house? maybe hang in the pool if they have one? I dk maybe its me it was hot but far from a heat that was unbearable to a point you couldnt stay outside... yes i know everyone is different etc... but ill stand by my take that the weather did NOT cause any significant decrease in attendance

I agree, it is just that the talk about it being too hot was due to Iger mentioning it as a reason for a slower 4th of July in FL. I suspect the 'over the top' crowds on days like 7/4 are due to more locals coming out for those events/days.

CntrlFlPete

Did they all cancel hotels and dining reservations for the week as well? Cause resorts all had openings and we booked Ohana breakfast the day of on the 6th.

I can't speak for them, the only ones I know who would have had a hotel room would be a cast member if they could get an employee rate. For dinning, personally (as a local) we tend to check dinning day of. I cannot think of a single restaurant that we have not had an 'opportunity' to book day of since reopening. I am not saying we could find what we might be in the mood for -- just 'do you want to eat at 'CRT' tonight. Beast's Castle on another, but always a decent choice of places open on any giving day.

I imagine that could/will change once the dinning plan comes out, but I think the APP has made it easy to find stuff within 2 hours of wanting to eat.

some other guy

tbh I dunno how the parks have any locals anymore
I'm pretty sure I can get a couple of tickets a year free through work and between that "park reservation" junk and the general crowds it's not worth it

so honestly the apparent slowdown and lessening of the reservations is a good start for me
now if they could just bring back "uhh, yeah, I'm totally going to have lunch at this hotel, so imma park free here and not just dip to a park for realz lol" then maybe I'd be on it

LSLS

I can't speak for them, the only ones I know who would have had a hotel room would be a cast member if they could get an employee rate. For dinning, personally (as a local) we tend to check dinning day of. I cannot think of a single restaurant that we have not had an 'opportunity' to book day of since reopening. I am not saying we could find what we might be in the mood for -- just 'do you want to eat at 'CRT' tonight. Beast's Castle on another, but always a decent choice of places open on any giving day.

I imagine that could/will change once the dinning plan comes out, but I think the APP has made it easy to find stuff within 2 hours of wanting to eat.

That week was dead, and it wasn't from locals who didn't come out because it was hot. Doesn't sound like it was the norm, but I've legit NEVER seen DHS look like it did on the 4th. I've said it already, but I'll repeat, we rode everything in that park and visited Oga's in 3.5 hours. And you aren't going to convince me that multiple reservations for breakfast at Ohana is normal. We legit had our pick of almost any restaurant on property (Cape May, Topolinos, etc.). And the hotels had rooms everywhere for the week except for Caribbean. It was not the locals, nobody was around.

TheMaxRebo

That week was dead, and it wasn't from locals who didn't come out because it was hot. Doesn't sound like it was the norm, but I've legit NEVER seen DHS look like it did on the 4th. I've said it already, but I'll repeat, we rode everything in that park and visited Oga's in 3.5 hours. And you aren't going to convince me that multiple reservations for breakfast at Ohana is normal. We legit had our pick of almost any restaurant on property (Cape May, Topolinos, etc.). And the hotels had rooms everywhere for the week except for Caribbean. It was not the locals, nobody was around.

definitely seems just a trend of weekends and holidays being slower now whereas now Mondays seem to be the busiest. Wonder if people just expected July 4th to be crazy due to special fireworks so avoid booking trips then. While still slowish post that doesn't seem as extreme as it was over the 4th

SamusAranX

I get the jokes being made about people not coming because it's hot...but I mean, it's really hot. All over the world. I can definitely see vacation patterns changing in the future due to our new extreme weather swings.
Fact of life now unfortunately.
Rome is 100+ degrees and the crowds there are insane.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom