Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Tha Realest

I live in Celebration, we just had a few storms roll past... so yeah those wait times are inflated as a result of lost capacity from outdoor rides.

Pair that with indoor rides also suffering from downtime and it causes those wild fluctuations in wait times.
They do seem to have had a LOT of downtime in recent weeks (esp since the July 4th issue). Not sure how much of this is weather, maintenance, reduced CM shifts, or a bit of all three

Andrew25

They do seem to have had a LOT of downtime in recent weeks (esp since the July 4th issue). Not sure how much of this is weather, maintenance, reduced CM shifts, or a bit of all three

Disney has staffed up decently this year (thanks to the DCP), so it's not that. I honestly believe they're struggling with maintenance, it's been like this since Covid.

I don't think I've seen Tower and RNRC open simultaneously yet lol. Always feels like there's a law that requires one of them to be down for the other to operate lol

Smugpugmug

Disney has staffed up decently this year (thanks to the DCP), so it's not that. I honestly believe they're struggling with maintenance, it's been like this since Covid.

I don't think I've seen Tower and RNRC open simultaneously yet lol. Always feels like there's a law that requires one of them to be down for the other to operate lol
Just as you posted this, Rock N Roller Coaster went down again after coming back up maybe an hour or so ago LOL

Smugpugmug

Feel like RnRC has had more issues since it reopened from its refurb than before it
Agreed. It had a ton of issues the last time I went to HS too (May 2022). It broke down twice while I was physically on the ride and broke down another time when I was in line. One of those 3 times I rode it, the music didn't play so I rode it in complete silence....was very weird.

Had that happen on Hulk at IoA and that was also a very weird experience.

TheMaxRebo

Can’t base it on wait times. It’s smoke and mirrors at times

true, but thrill data and touring plans which are based on reported data not disney posted times show higher waits too ... but I think at least partly driven by a number of rides being down

1690229283992.png

Andrew25

I've mentioned this in the past, Mondays are the new Saturday. It's kinda insane, but the general public has listened to all of the planning sites saying to avoid Saturdays... so everyone is "outsmarting" everyone else by going on Monday lol - it's pretty insane to think about

Also, wait times are not a great indicator... with downtime + weather.

People thought I was going insane when I brought up last year that HHN was busier on Thursdays than Saturdays.

celluloid

I've mentioned this in the past, Mondays are the new Saturday. It's kinda insane, but the general public has listened to all of the planning sites saying to avoid Saturdays... so everyone is "outsmarting" everyone else by going on Monday lol - it's pretty insane to think about

Also, wait times are not a great indicator... with downtime + weather.

People thought I was going insane when I brought up last year that HHN was busier on Thursdays than Saturdays.

This is true.

Also the fact that you save so much more getting the lower tiers of tickets and Annual Passes helped that too. Pair that with the less staffing available on weekdays compared to weekends, you have a wild time.

PK2

But looking at those times neither makes me want to go or book a trip. It appeared brutal today.

It is brutal. It’s, like, Christmas week level busy here today. I can’t believe it after it’s been quiet every other day of our trip. Doesn’t help that they seem to have given up on getting TRON running today.

Tha Realest

It is brutal. It’s, like, Christmas week level busy here today. I can’t believe it after it’s been quiet every other day of our trip. Doesn’t help that they seem to have given up on getting TRON running today.
Eek. We’re going next week!

surfsupdon

We've done Christmas/New Years Week many times. Yikes!

Smugpugmug

How were the quick service places today? Because I went President's day week last year (similar to Christmas crowds) and Pecos Bill was a madhouse. Waited almost 80 minutes for my order.

Lilofan

This is true.

Also the fact that you save so much more getting the lower tiers of tickets and Annual Passes helped that too. Pair that with the less staffing available on weekdays compared to weekends, you have a wild time.
Disney does not staff their locations with enough cast with forecasted numbers going to the parks?

flyerjab

I’ve been here at Christmas and New Years and it isn’t that bad.

I’ll also say this. We were in DHS this morning before official park opening. There were definitely more people there than what I have seen the past 3 days. The park definitely felt busy. That being said, I refused to pay $27 per person for Genie+. Between 8 and 11 we did 4 rides. Slinky dig dash was posted at 60 minutes and it took only 30 minutes. TSMM was posted as 35 and it was literally a walk-on. MF:SR was posted as 65 and it took about 35ish minutes. Finally, MMRR was posted as 65 and it took us 40 minutes. All 4 were very inflated.

This is another thing that gets me. If you have Genie+ and ILLs, there should be no excuse for quality and maintenance with regard to the rides; especially the big headliners. As soon as you walked through the check in there was a (unlucky) cast member informing everyone that RotR was down. Inexcusable in my book. Staff the support appropriately and don’t over inflate wait times. These types of shenanigans dilute the quality of the product.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom