Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Tha Realest

I’ve been here at Christmas and New Years and it isn’t that bad.

I’ll also say this. We were in DHS this morning before official park opening. There were definitely more people there than what I have seen the past 3 days. The park definitely felt busy. That being said, I refused to pay $27 per person for Genie+. Between 8 and 11 we did 4 rides. Slinky dig dash was posted at 60 minutes and it took only 30 minutes. TSMM was posted as 35 and it was literally a walk-on. MF:SR was posted as 65 and it took about 35ish minutes. Finally, MMRR was posted as 65 and it took us 40 minutes. All 4 were very inflated.

This is another thing that gets me. If you have Genie+ and ILLs, there should be no excuse for quality and maintenance with regard to the rides; especially the big headliners. As soon as you walked through the check in there was a (unlucky) cast member informing everyone that RotR was down. Inexcusable in my book. Staff the support appropriately and don’t over inflate wait times. These types of shenanigans dilute the quality of the product.
I don’t disagree, but my feeling is the 1-2 combo of 1) not building up capacity, and 2) needing the ride inventory to make G+ a value proposition means they’re resultant to take rides offline for routine maintenance

seabreezept813

For those in the park recently.. how have MK fireworks been? I am insanely considering the dessert parties because DH hates the standing crowds. Are fireworks packed even in less crowded days?

Angel Ariel

For those in the park recently.. how have MK fireworks been? I am insanely considering the dessert parties because DH hates the standing crowds. Are fireworks packed even in less crowded days?
Can't speak for fireworks now, but for our party of 5 it was cheaper to do a specialty fireworks cruise than a dessert party, and the experience was fantastic - just something by to consider. No crowds at all, snacks included (and you can bring your own desserts/alcohol, just no glass). Much different, and in many many ways more pleasant, fireworks experience than anything in the park.

Thepuma

Personally I love the skyliner and being close to the hub at CBR it's pretty amazing. I've had it go down and impact my trip in a few ways but I still love it. It's quiet, it's fast and it's easy. Having easy access to Epcot and DHS that way feels amazing.

Just wish I could get to MK that way. :)
Stayed at AoA last August/September and loved the Skyliner. However, 50% of the time it wasn't working due to 'clouds' 'rain' 'wind' 'threat of storm' etc etc etc....so found it unreliable.

DisneyCane

How were the quick service places today? Because I went President's day week last year (similar to Christmas crowds) and Pecos Bill was a madhouse. Waited almost 80 minutes for my order.
Wow! That really redefines "quick service." Even dealing with the monorail/ferry time you could have gone to Taco Bell on 192 and gotten back in less time.

mysto

I guess the internet got the word that crowds are low this spring, so everyone booked a trip as soon as they could, which is apparently now.

I have trouble explaining the apparent influx of guests any other way? Did DDP start this week?

TheMaxRebo

I guess the internet got the word that crowds are low this spring, so everyone booked a trip as soon as they could, which is apparently now.

I have trouble explaining the apparent influx of guests any other way? Did DDP start this week?

No, though Food and Wine does start this week

I think some of it is just changing guest patterns and people avoiding weekends/hoidays (or locals with APs that block out weekends/holidays) and Mondays now tend to be most crowded

Have to see if it was a blip or more of a trend

Thepuma

Perhaps the wrap-up of many summer league sports in conjunction with the impending return to school? This might be the only vacation gap some families have.

impending?...excuse my ignorance, but when do American kids return from summer break? Genuinely interested as I assumed it was like British kids, ie first week of September?

Br0ckford

impending?...excuse my ignorance, but when do American kids return from summer break? Genuinely interested as I assumed it was like British kids, ie first week of September?
It's been a while as my kid is 22 now but mid August to early September is the time frame.

TheMaxRebo

It varies quite a bit - Southern Schools including Florida go back earlier (typically), starting in 2nd week of August, but other areas are later.

I am in NY and my kids start Sept 7th .... One reason we go to Disney World last week of August is many schools, including the local ones, are back in session lowering crowds

Thepuma

It varies quite a bit - Southern Schools including Florida go back earlier (typically), starting in 2nd week of August, but other areas are later.

I am in NY and my kids start Sept 7th .... One reason we go to Disney World last week of August is many schools, including the local ones, are back in session lowering crowds

Sounds good...we have our final 😫 trip to florida starting 30th August for 3 weeks. Hopefully it won't be too busy then as I'm hoping to get a lot done.

JD80

Some schools in the middle part of the US operate on trimesters and have a shorter summer break but a longer fall and spring break.

edit to add:
I knew a family in Indiana that would go in September/October when they had a 2 week fall break. (I think)

Smugpugmug

I grew up in NJ and we went back to school after Labor day.

I go on vacation to HHI often and the kids there go back to school second week of August, which decreases the crowds on the island by A LOT. I'm going that week this year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom