Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

JD80

Total pet peeve of mine. I don’t get how Disney decided to make their 300-bucks-a-night hotel rooms “motel style” with external opening doors. It’s not like having a hallway is the mark of a Ritz Carlton. You can find them at the Red Roof Inn but not for Disney prices? That makes no sense.

I don't know why, but I prefer an outside door to my room but only when I'm at WDW.

JD80

Interesting, my wife and I are the opposite and unfortunately haven't stayed at most of the moderates outside of the CSR tower.

I stayed at CBR twice last year with an adult only trip and a family trip. I really like the courtyard feeling. As silly as it sounds, it feels more private. We stayed in Jamaica near the Skyliner both times and being able to walk from there and right in to my room makes it feel more.. private?

Weird, but I like that instead of walking through a lobby and a hallway to get to my room. Easier access. Plus I travel a lot for work so I associate lobby/hallway with work so that probably influences my point of view quite a bit.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I stayed at CBR twice last year with an adult only trip and a family trip. I really like the courtyard feeling. As silly as it sounds, it feels more private. We stayed in Jamaica near the Skyliner both times and being able to walk from there and right in to my room makes it feel more.. private?

Weird, but I like that instead of walking through a lobby and a hallway to get to my room. Easier access. Plus I travel a lot for work so I associate lobby/hallway with work so that probably influences my point of view quite a bit.
Oh I get that for sure. I'd be willing to try CBR but its seems its a deal breaker for the wife, though I can get her around to it someday :joyfull:

I do like the idea of the courtyard feel, especially if there is a pool in your cluster of rooms/building.

JD80

Oh I get that for sure. I'd be willing to try CBR but its seems its a deal breaker for the wife, though I can get her around to it someday :joyfull:

I do like the idea of the courtyard feel, especially if there is a pool in your cluster of rooms/building.

Personally I love the skyliner and being close to the hub at CBR it's pretty amazing. I've had it go down and impact my trip in a few ways but I still love it. It's quiet, it's fast and it's easy. Having easy access to Epcot and DHS that way feels amazing.

Just wish I could get to MK that way. :)

Andrew25

ADRs haven't been too difficult to get for Oga's as of late. I haven't been there yet since I don't want to pay $18-20 for a premixed drink.

Yeah, however, last night was the first time I saw them actively engaged in getting people in.

It's very slow (wait-times at DHS are bonkers solely due to lack of upkeep, consistent downtimes, and Genie+ inflation)

Smugpugmug

Yeah, however, last night was the first time I saw them actively engaged in getting people in.

It's very slow (wait-times at DHS are bonkers solely due to lack of upkeep, consistent downtimes, and Genie+ inflation)
I saw something similar the last time I was at Disney Springs. Every single restaurant I walked past was encouraging walk ups.

Those reasons are why I don't go to HS anymore. It's not fun to be there. Just stressful.

TheMaxRebo

ADRs haven't been too difficult to get for Oga's as of late. I haven't been there yet since I don't want to pay $18-20 for a premixed drink.

We went our first time we visited GE and enyoyed it, but yeah, not cheap - more for the experience and had some great CM interaction

We are planning to go again this upcoming trip as has been a few years and want to check it out - I was able to get a 9:55 ADR so will get to experience super empty GE after we leave

Andrew25

This could be a big contributing factor to Oga's problem.

Yes - the parks (not just WDW) have been able to survive the last few years with increased demand... but Orlando has been flirting with a price ceiling for a while now. Rents/House Prices have started to fall, and we know from the county that tax revenue has declined.

The last 1-2 months of F&G booths were surprisingly quiet, same with Mardi Gras food booths at Universal.

Maybe it is slow in the parks b/c everyone is out front waiting to get in

Mondays are the new Saturdays. Everyone thinks they're outsmarting everyone else by believing that "nobody goes on Monday, so we'll go on Monday not Saturday"

1690211045388.png

Smugpugmug

We went our first time we visited GE and enyoyed it, but yeah, not cheap - more for the experience and had some great CM interaction

We are planning to go again this upcoming trip as has been a few years and want to check it out - I was able to get a 9:55 ADR so will get to experience super empty GE after we leave
I'm not a Star Wars fan so the experience on its own wouldn't be enough for me. If the drinks were good I would check it out but premixed drinks for that price is a no thanks for me.

La Cava's drinks are premixed now too and that is one of the worst recent changes IMO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom