Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

ParentsOf4

Published today:

A Disney Vacation is Now Too Costly and Complicated: Here’s Where Families Are Heading for Summer Vacation Instead

When Magic Kingdom opened in 1971, a single-day admission ticket was $3.50. Someone earning federal minimum wage in 1971 ($1.60 an hour) only needed to work 2.19 hours to pay for admission. Fast forward to today, and prices have skyrocketed. A one-day ticket to a single Disney World park varies from $109 to $159 per day, depending on the day.​
...​
According to Time2Play, 92.6% of surveyed Disney World enthusiasts said they believe the cost of a Disney vacation is now out of reach for average families. What used to be regular vacation for middle-class families has evolved into a luxury trip with pricey add-ons everywhere you look.​
With admission prices that change based on demand, a one-day, one-park base ticket for Disney World costs $141.74 on average, according to a LendingTree analysis. However, purchasing tickets during popular travel periods, park hopping, or reserving ride times to skip crowds can double the cost of tickets.​
...​
But the disillusionment doesn’t stop there. 68.3% said rampant price increases and nickel and diming have made it feel like Disney World has lost its magic. So parents across the country are making other vacation plans. From wanting to show their kids the world now that borders have re-opened, to showing them the wonder of mother nature, families are saying bye bye to Mickey and Minnie and hello to these vacation destinations.​
Two weeks ago, they wrote this:

Is a Trip to Disney Too Expensive or Complicated? Here’s 8 Other Award-Winning Amusement Parks

According to Mousehacking, a baseline trip to Disney World for a family of four costs $5,731. While you can save by driving or using reward points to book a hotel or flight, the ever-increasing price of Disney theme park tickets can’t be avoided.​
According to a Bankrate survey, 70% of Americans are changing their summer vacation plans due to inflation-related price increases, with 25% changing trips to destinations closer to home. With over 475 amusement parks across America, there are many fun-filled theme park options to make your family and wallet happy.​

A few years ago, Disney owned bloggers and vloggers. Recently, more are willing to discuss Disney vacations in less than stellar terms.

Jrb1979

“I always believed that Disney was a brand that needs to be accessible,” said Bog Iger, CEO of Disney, at a March Morgan Stanley media conference. “And I think that in our zeal to grow profits, we may have been a little bit too aggressive about some of our pricing.”

Reading that article, this quote stood out to me the most.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
“I always believed that Disney was a brand that needs to be accessible,” said Bog Iger, CEO of Disney, at a March Morgan Stanley media conference. “And I think that in our zeal to grow profits, we may have been a little bit too aggressive about some of our pricing.”

So glad he’s making changes to help. Oh wait.

My food portions tonight at skipper canteen was less that what I feed my cats each morning as well.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

The horse’s mouth took truth serum with his oats

Quinnmac000

Facts >> anecdotes

I don't think they are using the numbers correctly to correlate visitors...how many are actually vacation and how many are here for work? Its just counting numbers from immigration and TSA which skew heavily towards defense industry contractors with Tampa, Orlando, and Pensacola being defense contract central and a lot of those companies starting back with business travel.

Tha Realest

True but facts are old news. Reservations and cancellations are forward looking. I wont stop going but others appear to be. Only time will tell. The good news for me is that if others stop going the parks will be less crowded Now, looking at Orlando, the timeshare capital of the world, decreasing occupancy and thus sales should be taken very seriously. Plus, Wyndham has resorts all over Florida and if they are having issues it goes beyond the RCID fight.
What’s also forward looking are all the discounts and promotions they’ve rolled out for the summer.

BlakeW39

Yea it's really a joke. There is SO much profit gouging going on it's not even funny. I see it every week at the company I work for.

I have almost zero faith the next ceo is going to be better in any real way. The only chance we see any real philosophy change is if the wheels completely fall off the bus. Record attendance lows, D+ subscriber count falls off a cliff. Then maybe, just maybe, you see a shift.

Disney needs to feel the heat a little longer and tick its consumers off a little more before we see any positive change in their leadership or business strategies. Give it a decade and the realm of entertainment could look quite a bit different from today. Maybe then we see a smarter long-term approach in how TWDC invests in and manages its theme parks/property.

Any change in leadership right this second will just be another lousy Bob.

Nobody cares about my travel (or anyone’s for that matter)…but here goes:

So went to magic kingdom and mgm yesterday…got the genie because I had no idea what the crowd level would be:

Answer: severely down. Used lightning 9 times…without breaking a sweat. Standbys all pretty low…the lead on the LLs where less than 30 minutes throughout the day.

DAK slow this am.

Attendance is down…I know what I’m looking at.

There’s something up: it’s the Economy and price. Period.

And a big fat bobs fail that nothing is under construction…they’re gonna need buzz.

And tron was fun. Guardians is better…but a decent middle class ride.
It’s fun…but really just the launch and outside part…the second half is becoming a Disney staple: curves inside a building

It feels like they could have done more with it

Was this your first time both attractions? How do they stack up against the resort's other offerings in your opinion?

JoeCamel

Published today:

A Disney Vacation is Now Too Costly and Complicated: Here’s Where Families Are Heading for Summer Vacation Instead

When Magic Kingdom opened in 1971, a single-day admission ticket was $3.50. Someone earning federal minimum wage in 1971 ($1.60 an hour) only needed to work 2.19 hours to pay for admission. Fast forward to today, and prices have skyrocketed. A one-day ticket to a single Disney World park varies from $109 to $159 per day, depending on the day.​
...​
According to Time2Play, 92.6% of surveyed Disney World enthusiasts said they believe the cost of a Disney vacation is now out of reach for average families. What used to be regular vacation for middle-class families has evolved into a luxury trip with pricey add-ons everywhere you look.​
With admission prices that change based on demand, a one-day, one-park base ticket for Disney World costs $141.74 on average, according to a LendingTree analysis. However, purchasing tickets during popular travel periods, park hopping, or reserving ride times to skip crowds can double the cost of tickets.​
...​
But the disillusionment doesn’t stop there. 68.3% said rampant price increases and nickel and diming have made it feel like Disney World has lost its magic. So parents across the country are making other vacation plans. From wanting to show their kids the world now that borders have re-opened, to showing them the wonder of mother nature, families are saying bye bye to Mickey and Minnie and hello to these vacation destinations.​

Is a Trip to Disney Too Expensive or Complicated? Here’s 8 Other Award-Winning Amusement Parks

According to Mousehacking, a baseline trip to Disney World for a family of four costs $5,731. While you can save by driving or using reward points to book a hotel or flight, the ever-increasing price of Disney theme park tickets can’t be avoided.​
According to a Bankrate survey, 70% of Americans are changing their summer vacation plans due to inflation-related price increases, with 25% changing trips to destinations closer to home. With over 475 amusement parks across America, there are many fun-filled theme park options to make your family and wallet happy.​

A few years ago, Disney owned bloggers and vloggers. Recently, more are willing to discuss Disney vacations in less than stellar terms.
Maybe I'm not seeing everything posted here but is every piece by this author an attack of Disney?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Disney needs to feel the heat a little longer and tick its consumers off a little more before we see any positive change in their leadership or business strategies. Give it a decade and the realm of entertainment could look quite a bit different from today. Maybe then we see a smarter long-term approach in how TWDC invests in and manages its theme parks/property.

Any change in leadership right this second will just be another lousy Bob.

Was this your first time both attractions? How do they stack up against the resort's other offerings in your opinion?
I’ve been on guardians 4 times…5th will be in about 2 hours…
I really enjoy that. My description is a higher tech space mountain on steroids. Still not an extreme ride system…but very good for a Disney park

Tron was my first time. It wasn’t as good…but still not bad. Wouldn’t wait hours or pay for it though.

Disney has 3 pay rides spread across its parks that I wouldn’t even consider paying for and 2 I would…but it would take a little convincing

Doug7856

Published today:

...​
...​

This article resonates with our family. As DVC members, we're regulars, but have cut way back on park visits. We've ended park hopping and do only one or two full days at the parks and try to have an after hours day when our calendars coincide. We just hit our favorites and then enjoy other Florida fun such as beaches. The longer lines due to Genie + (even when we purchase the service) has devalued the park experience.

BlakeW39

I’ve been on guardians 4 times…5th will be in about 2 hours…
I really enjoy that. My description is a higher tech space mountain on steroids. Still not an extreme ride system…but very good for a Disney park

Tron was my first time. It wasn’t as good…but still not bad. Wouldn’t wait hours or pay for it though.

Disney has 3 pay rides spread across its parks that I wouldn’t even consider paying for and 2 I would…but it would take a little convincing

okay, I'm glad you like them then. I thought Guardians was pretty fun, I liked it but my main criticisms were that the Guardians were pretty tacked on and all the screens were basically unnecessary. Tron though, I rode with a party of 5 and only one person liked it, unfortunately. We all basically agreed it was anticlimactic once you go past the outside part.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
okay, I'm glad you like them that. I thought Guardians was pretty fun, I liked it but my main criticisms were that the Guardians were pretty tacked on and all the screens were basically unnecessary. Tron though, I rode with a party of 5 and only one person liked it, unfortunately. We all basically agreed it was anticlimactic once you go past the outside part.
It’s too short…and the inside part was kinda lame

I think if they increased the “bank” of the interior portion…more like an F1 cycle kinda feel…it would increase the overall effect.

Took a long time to unveil that…for sure. Far too long

So when does the next E ticket open?

…now I think I see the problem 🤔

Touchdown

My main criticism with Guardians is I am restricted from riding it to once a day. The things got great capacity and has been fairly reliable. I bet the wait for it would be much shorter (45-60 min peak day) most of the time and would significantly drop waits at Test Track (to current Soarin levels,) with minor drops at Frozen and Rat. The thing has been open a year stop with the bs facist virtual queue pouch already.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
It’s too short…and the inside part was kinda lame

I think if they increased the “bank” of the interior portion…more like an F1 cycle kinda feel…it would increase the overall effect.

Took a long time to unveil that…for sure. Far too long

So when does the next E ticket open?

…now I think I see the problem 🤔
Yep the most wow moment was the lights in the queue and launch. After that meh and it’s over. Also the handlebars are uncomfortable but in a magical way of course

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom