IOA's next big thing/thrill attraction?

speck76

AndyMagic said:
Oh wow. Now that you SAID you have insider information it clearly means that you in fact do and that everything you said is correct. Oh wait, it means nothing of the sort. Thanks for playing, and losing.

Whatever.......

Michael72688

Ok, so......I'm hoping something comes up on tuesday, Universal Studios' 15th Birthday, but I guess having it on IoA 6th birthday would have made more sense. Oh well, I really hope something is announced before the end of the year

JROK

Michael72688 said:
Ok, so......I'm hoping something comes up on tuesday, Universal Studios' 15th Birthday, but I guess having it on IoA 6th birthday would have made more sense. Oh well, I really hope something is announced before the end of the year

Nothing is planned for the 15th Bday... sorry...

Legacy

speck76 said:
I went on 10/31.....never again
You should have known better than that, Brad.

The biggest rumors involve the Jeep or coaster attractions in Jurassic Park, which hasn't changed the in the last couple of years. The is rumor of an announcement this year and an opening Fall '06, Spring '07. By then the 50th will be over and Universal can nudge into the dead marketing space that will follow. The Jeep Adventure seems the most likely, and would go behind Pizza-saurus. However, I think a coaster would be a smarter investment, being put next to JPRA and behind Thunderfalls. Two rumor concepts are an "Air" coaster themed to the Aviary or a wooden coaster themed to a Raptor Pen.

The Aviary is my personal favorite.

speck76

The B&M Flying coaster rumors has existed since the park was opened.

I was driving down Turkey Lake Road one morning.....about 7am, and saw large black balloons floated to carious heights in the cleared area between JP and Dudley........by 7:30, the balloons were taken down. I know this is common practice to judge visuals and the impact of the visuals throughout the park.

This was about 6 mos after the park opened.....

I am not sure why another JP ride would be added, unless it was something cheaper (like a coaster)....I can not see them spending huge $$ on an older franchise (although I heard they are producing part 4 in the future)

I also can not see GE spending that amount of capital in the parks at this time.

I would not be suprised if more NBC tie-ins were not in the immediate future, especially with the current situation at NBC.

NemoRocks78

Seized
speck76 said:
I am not sure why another JP ride would be added, unless it was something cheaper (like a coaster)....I can not see them spending huge $$ on an older franchise (although I heard they are producing part 4 in the future)

Well, the second Mummy film came out in 2001, the same year Jurassic Park III opened, and they spent the money on building an attraction based around the film last year, so there's no reason why they wouldn't spend money on another Jurassic Park-themed ride (after all, the 4th film is in the works and the franchise is still popular).

While a coaster will be cheaper, I personally hope they will go for the Jeep Adventure....it would provide for another ride the whole family can enjoy (something IOA is short on). Also, a coaster would make for quite a bit of noise and will disrupt the "peacefulness" of Jurassic Park (I don't want to hear a coaster and screaming people while riding the River Adventure).

speck76

I agree, a pure attraction would be better than another coaster...I just don't think GE is likely to invest that amount of money in a park that has never met its financial obligations.

Although IOA has never had any major investment after opening (and IMO, is a 1/2 day park, if even that) the Studios need much more help. The attractions really have not aged well, and while some are still neat, they just do not have the thrill factor they once did....BTTF, T2, JAWS, Earthquake, ET, Twister......none of them are just that special anymore.

I rarely even go to either park anymore, even though I get comps, and live right next door....it just is not worth the time/hassle.

JROK

Legacy said:
The Jeep Adventure seems the most likely, and would go behind Pizza-saurus. However, I think a coaster would be a smarter investment, being put next to JPRA and behind Thunderfalls.

There's really not a lot of room behind Pizza ... the only real space that park has left is between Terrace Falls and Toon... Who knows what the next attraction is... I wouldn't expect a coaster... IOA needs something more than just another coaster... Universal Creative is better than that... although a lot of their time is spent on Halloween Horror Nights...

NemoRocks78

Seized
speck76 said:
Although IOA has never had any major investment after opening (and IMO, is a 1/2 day park, if even that) the Studios need much more help. The attractions really have not aged well, and while some are still neat, they just do not have the thrill factor they once did....BTTF, T2, JAWS, Earthquake, ET, Twister......none of them are just that special anymore.

I rarely even go to either park anymore, even though I get comps, and live right next door....it just is not worth the time/hassle.

USF has been given a lot of attention over the past few years with Neutron, Shrek, Mummy, and now Fear Factor. Attendance is up and the park looks great (there has been a lot of "cleaning up" lately). T2:3D still plays to full auditoriums, BTTF just needs a really good refurbishment (I've heard a rumor of one coming after the summer --- can anyone confirm?), and E.T. is still looking good, especially after the nice rehab it recieved a few years ago for the 20th Anniversary. I do agree about the other attractions though....no one has ever really liked Twister (though it has its fans), Jaws could use some help, and Earthquake needs to go.

IOA needs as much help as it can get though. There are so many things that can be done but nothing has been (very similar situation to DAK). If they could just get Sylvester McMonkey-McBean's open, add a show to the Ampitheater (while it is still technically in Toon Lagoon, the MSHI border can always be moved up and a superhero-based show can be put in there), and build a ride in JP (or LC), the park will start to rise.

NemoRocks78

Seized
JROK said:
There's really not a lot of room behind Pizza ... the only real space that park has left is between Terrace Falls and Toon... Who knows what the next attraction is... I wouldn't expect a coaster... IOA needs something more than just another coaster... Universal Creative is better than that... although a lot of their time is spent on Halloween Horror Nights...
What about MSHI, Lost Continent, and Suess Landing? MSHI has the Storm Force area, as well as everything behind it (quite a bit of room behind Doom where Disorientorium was)....LC has the space where Van Helsing would have gone (right behind Unicorn I believe).....SL has a good amount of space backstage where Field of Screams was too.

USF, on the other hand, has quite a bit of land to work with....too bad the same can't be said with IOA.

Michael72688

There is a good sized area behind pizza for a new ride. If Universal doesnt get their act together soon, I think attendance will begin to fall at IoA.

JROK

NemoRocks said:
What about MSHI, Lost Continent, and Suess Landing? MSHI has the Storm Force area, as well as everything behind it (quite a bit of room behind Doom where Disorientorium was)....LC has the space where Van Helsing would have gone (right behind Unicorn I believe).....SL has a good amount of space backstage where Field of Screams was too.

The space behind Doom is VERY small... if you're ever up on Doom in the back you can look and see... it's got Storm to the left, Spider-Man to the right, Doom in front, and a road behind it... in the middle is a storage shed where they put HHN houses... not a lot of space plus it would be bad to have it so crammed in there (much like Storm is)... Lost Continent has a little bit of space by Unicorn (to the left of it between JP and Unicorn)... but right behind that is a service road... a little bit of room but not a lot, unless they combined it with the space behind Pizza Predatoria in JP then it would be a great location... do how they did Spider-Man and make it all bent in an L shape... The space where Field of Screams was isn't too great because it's really backstage and not a good location... The best space is between JP and Toon or where the downed Triceratop Encounter is...

NemoRocks said:
BTTF just needs a really good refurbishment (I've heard a rumor of one coming after the summer --- can anyone confirm?),

Earthquake needs to go.

If they could just get Sylvester McMonkey-McBean's open

BTTF will not be getting any out of the ordinary rehabs... my roommate currently works that attraction and said he's heard nothing... I agree, get Earthquake outta there... McBean's will more than likely never happen... would have cost too much for the ride vehicles so they abandoned it... currently the would be queue is home to the Grinch... yes, it's in there year-round...

macopia

JROK said:
...McBean's will more than likely never happen... would have cost too much for the ride vehicles so they abandoned it... currently the would be queue is home to the Grinch... yes, it's in there year-round...

I also heard that it would be very hard to evacuate the ride if necessary. They would have to get out cherry pickers and use them in the middle of the walkway. Bad show...

Figment1986

Removing Earthquake would work.. but they then would remove the building as it is a strange shape and cannot hold anything else....or it would be a strange ride...

Blink Me

Figment1986 said:
Removing Earthquake would work.. but they then would remove the building as it is a strange shape and cannot hold anything else....or it would be a strange ride...

No, i like earthquake I know that loads of you think its rubbish, but i think they should get rid of twister. I thought it was the worst attraction there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom