Interim show 'The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic' confirmed to debut ahead of Rivers of Light

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
9 minutes of new ride time but likely 2-4 hours in total of mostly indoor (If they have any mercy) queue for everyone who doesn't book fastpasses 66 days in advance! Sounds like they might have their evenings covered to me. ;)
I knew there was a reason for Fastpass....

Cesar R M

I'd love to know how they came to the conclusion that this snoozefest was a better option than doing NOTHING, until RoL was ready to go.

They could have opened up the seating areas to guests as a place to sit and have a quick bite to eat, drink or just relax as an alternative, and it would have been FANTASTIC compared to "Jungle Book...Wake Me Up When It's Over".
or random songs from Disney movies related to nature (Lion King, Brother Bear, Jungle Book, etc..) and using only the water canons.

po1998

Doubtful. 9 minutes of actual new ride time. It's a start but not enough.
WIth SWL and TSL on the heels of Pandora, along with the 50th, and much needed love for Epcot, this might be it for AK for a while. This is a shame, because as pointed out on a rainy day/evening, much of the park is shut down.

It makes me angry knowing that AK, EC & DH needed attention but have been ignored in large part for a decade. I'm sure the powers that be will be patting themselves on the back after Pandora, SWL & TSL are opened, but in reality instead of drowning, the parks are now ready to reach the surface of the water and take a breath. How long before they start to go under again is another story.

note2001

You would think that Disney would know the combo to make an entertaining show by now.

They know very well what entertains. They scrambled on this one and someone up in management turned to a show producer and said "You got this? You got this." He/she and their crew did what they could, but I'm positive a few ulcers were born in the weeks preceding the opening of JBAM.

Marlins1

We were there Sunday night when the lightning storm hit. Overall the best thing about the night was enjoying the already existing park during evening hours and temperatures. We walked Pangani at dusk and it was great. Thanks to the reviews on this site we replaced our JB FastPass with Primeaval which was pretty fun at night with carnival lights. We then rode EE twice during the 10:30 JB show - EE at night was awesome and we got a decent taste of the show while riding and walking out. Nighttime Safari was fun and very comfortable since it was cool but far less sights than during the day. We missed Awakenings but the TOL looked great. It was a great night - but not so much due to the additions.

epcotfan

I saw the 9pm show Wednesday night.I went in with low expectations and was not disappointed. I agree with many of the comments here. The water screens are really hard to see. The pacing of the show is off and no "wow" moments. I took a video of the entire show but I'm sure it looks awful. There was so much going on I had a difficult time deciding where to focus the camera for any length of time. There are performers standing in the aisles holding torches which actually ended up blocking out some of our view. I would have preferred a Bollywood style show celebrating Asian culture and music.

Next Big Thing

New casting call for JB:AwM on backstage, a website for people looking for entertainment opportunities.

Production Description
Seeking Equity dancers for "Jungle Book: Alive with Magic."

Roles
familiar with any of the following: Bollywood, Indo-jazz, Bharatanatyam, Kathak, Chhau, Kalaripayattu, Bhangra and those willing to work hard and take up the challenge to learn something new and exciting.
Ethnicity: All Ethnicities

Rehearsal and Production Dates & Locations
Runs nightly through-out the summer season at at the Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, FL.

Compensation & Union Contract Details
Pays $16.53/hr. Equity Walt Disney World Agreement.
----------------------------

"Runs nightly through-out the summer season" is the key thing I took from that.

Doug7856

We are planning a July visit. Is there any indication that the JB show is getting reworked at all? The reviews are dreadful and I don't anticipate that our family will particularly enjoy this presentation. I have the dining package reserved but just may cancel it without some changes.

Cesar R M

New casting call for JB:AwM on backstage, a website for people looking for entertainment opportunities.

Production Description

Roles
familiar with any of the following: Bollywood, Indo-jazz, Bharatanatyam, Kathak, Chhau, Kalaripayattu, Bhangra and those willing to work hard and take up the challenge to learn something new and exciting.

Runs nightly through-out the summer season at at the Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, FL.

I wonder.. are they being reactive and trying to fix what was clearly very negative response?

Sweet Thing

I feel the need to weigh in on this show. I've seen it twice and had two entirely different experiences based in were I sat.
The first time I saw it for the soft opening and was incredibly disappointed. I sat on the side with the Nemo theater. The choreography was beautiful and the performers were fantastic. Unfortunately the bad things outweighed and took away from the good. There was a gap in the water screen, so most of the video could not be seen. The staging of the performance spaces were odd and they seemed so far away. Everything felt disjointed. The dancers in the aisles were in the dark so you really didn't notice them much. I was let down because I wanted to love the show.
Now, I saw it again on Thursday and had fast passes so I sat on the Everest side. What a difference! I noticed right away that the staging of the stages was better on this side. It's almost as if the singers stage is faced more toward this side. The theater seating is not built evenly between the two sides. I noticed that the seats on this side were not stacked the same. This brings up my only complaint on this side. Because of how the seating is here, anything that happens down in front (on the ground, not on the stage) cannot be seen from farther back. Otherwise, the screens worked and were very clear and the show seemed more connected. It still doesn't feel like it belongs in this theater, but I'd say always get fast pass for this show.

Last edited:

Sweet Thing

I wonder.. are they being reactive and trying to fix what was clearly very negative response?
Seems like they are planning on keeping this for a while if they're having more auditions for it. This is for the dancers on the furthest barges from the seating. Those are covered under Equity. The dancers closest to the seating are parade and show performers and are under the Teamsters union. They don't have specific auditions for them, they simply choose a cast from their pool of parade performers.

jrhwdw

Production Description

Roles

That's bad and good. That means it looks like ROL won't be open for July 4th. But, it also means that it looks like JB is only here for summer at this point.

Anyone know if this Job Post is any different than the first one DAK put out? It;s a little surprising to me to have another Job Post already, the show is barely a week old! Could it be that DAK was aiming for July 4th ROL and is now not able to meet that? I did see a tweet this morning saying ROL is delayed indefinitely. I don't think I believe that but who knows what DAK is doing!

Jeff2140

Well something is going on. I noticed this morning that JB is no longer available for fast pass, and my JB fast pass for August says "Facility ID not found". I booked it hoping that ROL will be showing by then. Not sure what is going on.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160605-084905.png
    Screenshot_20160605-084905.png
    120 KB · Views: 114

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom