Interesting things to pack...

Raven66

A couple of other things I do is buy inexpensive toothbrushes and just throw them away on our last day. Also I get empty travel bottles fill them up and what's ever left over I toss them.

MaryMcMagic

Bring your own coffee creamer down with you too. You can buy boxes of the little foil covered cups that don't require refrigeration at any grocery or a big box at Sam's Club. I've started buying the disposable travel cups, too. When I'm done I just toss them away without having to carry my big mug through the parks all day. It's amazing what we all do to bring a little bit of home with us, even while on vacation!

BTW, I've never done the 'new scent' thing before, BUT starting next time...
I love that idea!!!

Vernonpush

Bring your own coffee creamer down with you too. You can buy boxes of the little foil covered cups that don't require refrigeration at any grocery or a big box at Sam's Club. I've started buying the disposable travel cups, too. When I'm done I just toss them away without having to carry my big mug through the parks all day. It's amazing what we all do to bring a little bit of home with us, even while on vacation!

BTW, I've never done the 'new scent' thing before, BUT starting next time...
I love that idea!!!

Oh, those little coffee creamer things that you can "pick up" at any food court at Disney World! I would have never thought to bring my own!:lol:
Just messing with you!:ROFLOL:
We bring Green Tea Bags for our stay, nothing like a nice cup-o-tea with our breakfasts in our resort room before heading to the Parks. :lol:

(Sometimes people take me TOO seriously if I don't add the ": lol :" to my posts!)

wdwlvr

We always bring a small bottle of malibu rum for mixing with the coke or juice.
Also, crystal lite packets as mentioned earlier, and also Emergen-C packets (I always tend to feel a cold coming on towards the end of vacation, so these stave it off a bit and give me some extra energy).
Probably the most unique thing we do is we go out shopping for a "scent" for the trip a few months ahead of time. Last time it was Bath and Body Works Energize scent. The trip prior to that was Bath and Body Works Lemongrass Sage.
We don't wear it until we get to WDW, but then we wear it every day on vacation. By the time you get home, if you ever inhale that scent, you will recall vividly your vacation.

That is the best idea ever! I love Lemongrass sage and there is a smell in Soarin' that is similar! I used Beauticontrol Frozen Margarita body lotion last year when we went and everytime I use it I immediately think of Disney!

Also, we pack clips to hold the curtains together in the windows of the rooms. We usually stay at All Star Sports and the curtains don't stay together very well. We've found these to do the trick

Next trip-Oct. 8-12 with 13 year old daughter
Dec. 7-14 with my DH, both at All Star Sports

KnK

Don't know if you're a drinker, but we always bring a couple bottles of wine along with a corkscrew. If you're flying, be sure to put the wine bottles in large, sealable, clear plastic bags. Also, keep the corkscrew in your checked luggage just in case.

my 2 cents...

dave

We bring a thing of Rum!!!!!

MaryMcMagic

Oh, those little coffee creamer things that you can "pick up" at any food court at Disney World! I would have never thought to bring my own!:lol:

I've never noticed them there before, I've stayed at the ASSp and Pop the past few visits. Don't know if that had anything to do with it... Having my own was kinda nice, though, especially when I needed that 4 o'clock pick me up caffeine fix!
My Dad always takes his own coffee maker. (He always books a value.) He picked up a little 6 cup for under $5 the day after Thanksgiving last year. On our way out to catch the Magical Express bus, he offered it to someone in line checking in, along with the filter papers he had left. I've never seen a family so grateful!!! You would of thought he gave them a Bentley!!!

The Mom

Premium Member
:
We bring Green Tea Bags for our stay, nothing like a nice cup-o-tea with our breakfasts in our resort room before heading to the Parks. :lol:

(Sometimes people take me TOO seriously if I don't add the ": lol :" to my posts!)

Be sure to save them in one of your "must-have" ziploc bags; they make a nice eye compress while taking your afternoon lie-down, or to remove that late night at AC or watching Wishes puffiness.

Cheap $10 Wal-Mart Coffee maker. Great for Oatmeal, Hot Chocolate and Coffee in the morning, without walking all the way to he food court! Best thing is that you can leave the coffee maker at there resort if there's no room in your suit case, after all it was only $10.00!

I never have taken a coffee maker home...too many souvenirs!

sorceresssamara

I always brought a small bottle of dish soap, but I'm totally getting the wash and toss things for my next trip!!

My interesting items include:

*Old socks and underwear (I save year around for Disney). Then you throw them away every day no dirties and more room for souveneirs :)

*Also, all year I collect free samples of toiltries (shampoo, conditioner, body wash, lotions, etc,) ALso tossable so everyday you're making more room for stuff :)

* I bring small samples of laundry detergent also.

* Hand Sanitizer and wipes are a major plus.

* I bring my own tea bags, bottles of water (cheaper then the parks)

and pretty much anything that you can find that suits your fancy in the lovely travel sections of your local Target :)things you never knew you needed

k.hunter30

Cheap $10 Wal-Mart Coffee maker. Great for Oatmeal, Hot Chocolate and Coffee in the morning, without walking all the way to he food court! Best thing is that you can leave the coffee maker at there resort if there's no room in your suit case, after all it was only $10.00!

I never have taken a coffee maker home...too many souvenirs!
Or better yet, stay somewhere that doesn't have you walking a long way to the food court! ;)

Or better yet, stay somewhere that doesn't have you walking a long way to the food court! ;)

Wish I could...Not going to spend all that extra money on a preferred room! I like the quiet of my room compared to the noise and running children of the food court...I will get enough of that during the day at the parks!

k.hunter30

Wish I could...Not going to spend all that extra money on a preferred room! I like the quiet of my room compared to the noise and running children of the food court...I will get enough of that during the day at the parks!
We get a standard at POFQ and walk 2 min to the food court. That's why we love the place!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
explosives, timers, automatic weapons, detailed plans of WDWs infrastructure, body armour, urban cam gear, haggis, a yukka plant, are all things im sure the airport security staff would find interesting

PhilharMagician

Christmas Lights

We seem to always be there around the holidays, so we bring plenty of Christmas lights and decorate our balcony to help add a little more holiday cheer.

OneLuckyMom

I always bring a couple of "flannel backed" plastic tableclothes from the dollar store (and the dollar store is key on this one - a higher quality one just won't work!). The flannel backing is a total joke, but it is just enough to give the plastic a bit of weight and make it easier to control. I cut the tableclothes in half, and then bring one piece with me to the park in my backpack. Light and small, it's great for claiming your space waiting for a parade, not to mention providing a dry spot for your behind if the parade is right after one of those summer rain showers :animwink:

I also bring a couple of microfiber dish towels, for drying up after Kali or Splash Mountain. My father was harassing me about having one of everything in my backpack last year - until Splash Mountain. After getting off, he looked at me and said "Pleeeaaasse tell me you have some sort of towel in there...." I think I redeemed myself for every difficult moment I've ever given him by pulling out my dish towel at that moment :ROFLOL:

And whoever said duct tape is right on the money. Duct tape fixes all! I never travel without a small roll.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom