Interesting things to pack...

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I always take an old canvass military duffel, folded up. As our vacation progresses, the dirty laundry goes into the duffel [which can comfortably hold a week's worth of clothes]. This serves two purposes, first it segregates our stinky clothes from everything else and second it frees up luggage space for souvenirs.

ThinkTink721

Original Poster
I am taking a big group of 10-11 yr old girl scouts in August.
I am taking one disposable camera per girl w/ a permanant marker to write their names on those cameras.
Those spray bottle /fans to help the kids keep cool.
Cheap disney pins that I bought at the Disney Store Outlet in Branson (for the girls to do pin trading w/o breaking the bank).
I am also going to give each of the girls some of those Country Time lemonade individual drink mix pouches to take along to help them stretch their budgets. We are doing the dining plan, but in August they will need to drrink quite a bit. I hope that the lemonade will help them drink the free ice water.

ThinkTink, I am so stealing your idea of the glow necklasses for the nighttime parades. I will be hitting the dollar store!
That's were I got mine!:D :wave:

reptar77

1)I bring my trusty 5 dollar cloths drying rack from walmart. (the dryers at the resorts take forever)
2) Movie Ipod
3) hangers
4) surge protectors, Wii,
5) bottle of Rum

ThinkTink721

Original Poster
Wow! You sure like to start new threads! Welcome to the boards! :wave:

My last trip I packed:
Crystal lite (or is it light?) packages
A book of notecards on a spiral (for autographs) and acid-free Sharpies to use for my scrapbook
A pirate hat for DH (for when we went on the Magical Fireworks Voyage)
Thanks for the welcome!
I guess I have alot of ?'s to ask!:D
I have really enjoyed the boards!
:wave:

ThinkTink721

Original Poster
Dawn Wash n' Toss dishwashing cloths. They are handy for washing out your souvenir mugs, plastic popcorn thingies, and whatnot. They're flat and fit in your luggage nicely or even in your backback while touring the parks, if need be. They've been a lifesaver on several occasions!
Do those work better than wet wipes?:veryconfu
I haven't been able to find a container of wet wipes small enough to fit in my purse that I am taking w/ me to the parks.

ThinkTink721

Original Poster
I also take travel size things of laundry detergent and a Tide pen, a mini M&M's thing with quarters for laundry, and zip lock bags (for everything from putting liquids in to bringing back some goodies to enjoy for a few days after our trip).[/quote]
I use zip lock bags all of the time!

I will be sure to take some of those too!:wave:

ThinkTink721

Original Poster
Don't forget ponchos! We get a bunch at the Dollar Store (2 for $1) then we can throw them away after the rain and throw a new one in the next day, instead of trying to fold it up again. Also great for KRR.
Yes...we have those!
I even found some child-size ponchos for the kids!
I use one for Kali River Rapids!:D

ThinkTink721

Original Poster
*Ship a box of snacks and stuff a few days ahead of time so it's at the hotel when we arrive and we save the room in our luggage.
*A small bottle of advil for the afternoon headache
*chewing gum

We boxed up snacks (including can drinks) & used them as some of our check-in luggage on our trip last year.
We also took advil, kid's ibuprofen & tylenol & chewing gum.

ThinkTink721

Original Poster
I always take an old canvass military duffel, folded up. As our vacation progresses, the dirty laundry goes into the duffel [which can comfortably hold a week's worth of clothes]. This serves two purposes, first it segregates our stinky clothes from everything else and second it frees up luggage space for souvenirs.
Another good idea!

pinkrose

We do that too! My dad is retired millitary, so we have several of those. They come in real handy.

Vernonpush

We used the boxes that we brought our snacks & drinks in to pack up the souvenirs to carry home!
:D :wave:
Those boxes can also be used to ship dirty clothes back home, so you have more room for souveniers in your luggage.:lol: Of course I heard that people pack empty luggage in their other luggage, just for souveniers.:ROFLOL:

Kriszee1

Probably the most unique thing we do is we go out shopping for a "scent" for the trip a few months ahead of time. Last time it was Bath and Body Works Energize scent. The trip prior to that was Bath and Body Works Lemongrass Sage.
We don't wear it until we get to WDW, but then we wear it every day on vacation. By the time you get home, if you ever inhale that scent, you will recall vividly your vacation.

OMG...I do the same thing regardless if it is Disney or another vacation. Last Trip I did Japanese Cherry Blossom. I had enough to bring home and saved it for when I was missing WDW.:( I have to wait until October to choose the next scent! That is so cool that you do that too!

Pop Tarts! It's our way of getting around the expensive but delicious Mickey waffles for breakfast and it saves us time by not having to wait in line in the morning.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom