Interactive C-3PO tested 5/28

JungleTrekFan

Well if c3po is not with entertanment. Where's he from? Are you saying its just some random huge fanboy or something.

My guess would be he is owned by Lucas Films, like R2-D2.

And there is no way that is a AA. There are no stand alone animatronics or even robots that are able to do all the movements a normal human can.
It is just a costume (probably) with a voice modifier like the ones you can get for halloween or a really good impersonator

GymLeaderPhil

Leia and R2 are certainly ours though. And I'm sure there was a character attendant accompanying all three. Also - who took the photo?

This has to be in house, especially with all the suits the original poster mentioned. There's no way Disney would allow an outsider to not only pose in an meet and greet - let alone talk to guests in character.

Testtrack321

And there is no way that is a AA. There are no stand alone animatronics or even robots that are able to do all the movements a normal human can.
It is just a costume (probably) with a voice modifier like the ones you can get for halloween or a really good impersonator

This is a WDI test similar to the Mickey in DL a few weeks ago, only this time no articulating head. Similar voice modifications like in Crush.

You can swear up down left and right that this isn't entertainment, and it isn't, because it's WDI. And if you think this is a guest or Lucas then you are REALLY mislead.

Maerj

It would be really cool if someone could get some video of this to share on YouTube. I would have flipped if this was there on the first weekend.

Atta83

You are correct this is an Lucas based thing alone, or at least thats what I was told. There was one person there from the skywalker ranch yesterday when I saw him.

Peabody

Original Poster
No matter whether it was Disney, Lucas, some fan, etc. it was SUPER cool and I hope we continue to see it at SWW for a LONG time. (A R2d2 and 3PO meet an greet out side of Star Tours year round would be awesome too)

mp2bill

Last Sunday my son and I went to Star Wars Weekends and of course didn't get to half of the characters we wanted to. So, we went back for the day today to finish everything we wanted to.

Around 2:30 we were waiting in line while Leah was out knowing that R2-D2 was due to show up within a few minutes. Suddenly a lot of Disney folks who looked like various imagineering types and management types start hovering around. I took notice but didn't pay too much attention. Much to my surprise out with R2 walks out a movie-perfect C-3PO. I thought he was super cool looking and was surprised as I've never seen him at the park. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong). But, BOY was a I surprised when he starts conversing with everyone in the meet and greet in a wonderfully accurate voice. The accent, tone, intonation, and slightly electronic sound we all know as his voice was there. He addressed my son by name and commented on his shirt, etc. SUPER COOL.

Upon talking to some of the workers at the meet-and-greet, they weren't aware of this and it was pretty much sprung on everyone as a surprise.

Anyone else see this?

DSC_1224.jpg

Nice! Great picture too!

Figment1986

There is a video on floridathrills twitter... i took it today but still not home to play with my rough footage from camera....

also dont have the url but anyone can find it on twitter if you look for floridathrills (i know and attractions retweeted it)

ryanduggers

Maybe it WAS Anthony Daniels in the suit.

Wasn't there a rumor a few years ago that Mark Hamill was walking around DHS as a stormtrooper?

It wouldn't surprise me a bit....

One of these years I will get there for Star Wars Weekends. Aren't they planning on doing a big refurb on Star Tours? Many they will make it more interactive... like Toy Story's Mr. Potato Head along with adding more "destinations" to the ride. We can only hope, right?

mickey2008.1

if thats a person in a suit, they would have the smallest head in the world! not even the kid in the pic could put his head in there. am i missing something??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom