Interactive C-3PO tested 5/28

askmike1

The Star Wars Weekends characters are never Disney. They are not "Entertainment"... they are members of the 51st Division (okay, I think I got the number wrong... but it is the "___ Division"). So when people say, C3PO isn't entertainment... they don't mean these are guests in costumes.... it simply means they are part of this 3rd-party group that do the Star Wars Characters. (Not that I'm claiming C3PO is either. He might be entertainment (not likely), he might be Imagineering (more likely), or he might be 51st Division (most likely)).

asianway

The Star Wars Weekends characters are never Disney. They are not "Entertainment"... they are members of the 51st Division (okay, I think I got the number wrong... but it is the "___ Division"). So when people say, C3PO isn't entertainment... they don't mean these are guests in costumes.... it simply means they are part of this 3rd-party group that do the Star Wars Characters. (Not that I'm claiming C3PO is either. He might be entertainment (not likely), he might be Imagineering (more likely), or he might be 51st Division (most likely)).

No...the Star Wars Weekends characters that perform meet and greets are always Disney, with perhaps the exception being C-3PO. I know a good friend of Chewbaccas....

The 501st marches in the motorcade and thats it.

RAXIP

That is not at all correct. All SWW characters are Disney CMs. The one exception is the Stormtroopers in the parade which are part of the 501st Legion. 3PO was not created by WDI or Disney Entertainment. In fact this is not even his first appearance. He previously appeared at Star Wars Celebration IV

disneysroyal411

Am I the only one here that thinks this software might be used for ST2? I mean it's interactive and that's what Disney is going for with their que's now, right?

Tigerace81

I hate to burst bubbles. But this is not a Disney Entertainment test. This is a special instance for SWW. Don't get too excited.

But it is very special, and very very cool to have C-3PO out meeting guests.

Where have you been? Disney tested a talking Mickey, now a talking C3PO. The employees were surprised by it, its not a normal thing, and if it was only for SWW why would it start a week after SWW began?

They are clearly using this time to further test the system here at WDW.

This is my last input on this topic. C3PO is a rep from Lucas. He is the official 3PO for all media appearances. He is not a cm he is not with wdi. Take it or leave it.

Ausdaddy

This is my last input on this topic. C3PO is a rep from Lucas. He is the official 3PO for all media appearances. He is not a cm he is not with wdi. Take it or leave it.

I retract what I said earlier. This guy actually built this suit and voice modulator himself. Lucasfilm did indeed sign him to a contract. Whether Lucas sent him or he signed with Disney independently (with permission), I have no idea. GoofMaster is correct that he is not with Disney directly.

Tigerace81

Wheres your proof? Lucasfilms has a running contract with Disney and they use Disney employees in the characters for Star Wars. If you have no proof then dont say its not Disney when it is.

Atta83

Wheres your proof? Lucasfilms has a running contract with Disney and they use Disney employees in the characters for Star Wars. If you have no proof then dont say its not Disney when it is.

He is not a part of WDW Entertainment, he is a seperate enitity hired by Lucas just for the weekends. This guy has done alot of other special media type events. It is not Disney.

Figment1986

While it is someone from lucas (like I believe R2D2 is as well) Imngineering was on hand at the meet and greet today taking notes and observing, so perhaps while this is not disney they are examplinging it and gauging responce. He was quite popular today.

disneysroyal411

Nowhere near! She didn't look like Leia at all, lol.

Anyways, C3P0 is cool, his system could be turned into an interactive que element for ST2, and that suit is extremely educated for just a fanboy.

Ausdaddy

Anyways, C3P0 is cool, his system could be turned into an interactive que element for ST2, and that suit is extremely educated for just a fanboy.

I'm going to take a guess that this isn't as advanced as I thought it was. Don't get me wrong, it's impressive and I love it, but I have a feeling this is a guy who can do a dead-on impersonation of Daniels and it just comes out perfect when run through a modulator. Regardless, the effect is spot on. Well done.

Rob562

Back when the Star Tours 2 rumors were first circulating, an interactive AA was said to be part of the on-ride experience. (From what I remember, it was to be the part where the Star Speeder landed on a planet and the roof opened up, and there were to be a couple of Storm Troopers outside the pod who interacted with the Guests inside)

-Rob

Tigerace81

I could very well see a interactive AA in ST2's queue. Why not? He wouldnt need to move much, his workings can be hidden under him and the could have somoene set in a control booth watching and operating the character in the queue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom