Interactive C-3PO tested 5/28

disneysroyal411

I'm going to take a guess that this isn't as advanced as I thought it was. Don't get me wrong, it's impressive and I love it, but I have a feeling this is a guy who can do a dead-on impersonation of Daniels and it just comes out perfect when run through a modulator. Regardless, the effect is spot on. Well done.

Well there's also the suit that had to be put together, and also I see impressice more then extremely educated now also.

Back when the Star Tours 2 rumors were first circulating, an interactive AA was said to be part of the on-ride experience. (From what I remember, it was to be the part where the Star Speeder landed on a planet and the roof opened up, and there were to be a couple of Storm Troopers outside the pod who interacted with the Guests inside)

-Rob

I could totally see that happening. I could see a lot of interactiveness going in the whole ride experience (que, show, etc.) Star Wars is just the kind of place that would have that. Also, it would cover for the sometimes tiring audio track loop.

I can't wait to see, what I hope is going to happen, which is the overhaul of the que to look like something more and be ALL indoors instead of being bloody hot outside. I'm a little of tired of the que we have now, it's good the Star Tours is getting an overhaul, it needs it.

AREM

Got some info on C-3PO.

I work over at Magic Kingdom on Main Street, and since I didn't go in until 7 last night, I decided to go to Studios for a bit, and I managed to get in line and see, take pics with, and talk with 3PO. He was incredible. The first time in a long time I didn't feel like I was taking a pic with someone in a costume. His banter with R2 was amazing!!

Now, for the behind the scenes stuff......

I spoke with a couple of the character attendants, and they said that there is, infact, a man inside the suit. However, here is where things got interesting;

The man made the suit and voice changer himself, and is in no way associated with Disney. He made the suit, and Lucas heard about it, and his team helped the guy put the finishing touches on the suit. Then, Disney found out, and asked him to come for the Star Wars Weekends.

Pretty interesting, huh?

imagineer boy

Got some info on C-3PO.

I work over at Magic Kingdom on Main Street, and since I didn't go in until 7 last night, I decided to go to Studios for a bit, and I managed to get in line and see, take pics with, and talk with 3PO. He was incredible. The first time in a long time I didn't feel like I was taking a pic with someone in a costume. His banter with R2 was amazing!!

Now, for the behind the scenes stuff......

I spoke with a couple of the character attendants, and they said that there is, infact, a man inside the suit. However, here is where things got interesting;

The man made the suit and voice changer himself, and is in no way associated with Disney. He made the suit, and Lucas heard about it, and his team helped the guy put the finishing touches on the suit. Then, Disney found out, and asked him to come for the Star Wars Weekends.

Pretty interesting, huh?

Wow, that's amazing that someone could make all that himself. I hope they get a copy of the suit and have him be a permanent meetngreet.

Then maybe they can experiment it on other Star Wars characters like Darth Vader.

disneysroyal411

I bet that he's making a lot of money for this. I think that Disney needs to study this suit and voice and turn this into ST2 que and I'm not going to shut up about it because it's totally agreeable.

wolf359

Disney subcontracted the Star Wars suits they use in the parks, so if this is something Disney wants to do, I'm sure their suit builders could get it done easily.

jjharvpro

awesome!

this technology truly is amazing! the Mickey one first, now C3PO, definitely not the last one. It's like taking Turtle Talk with Crush and bringing to a whole new level!

disneysroyal411

this technology truly is amazing! the Mickey one first, now C3PO, definitely not the last one. It's like taking Turtle Talk with Crush and bringing to a whole new level!

This is different, it isn't over speakers. It's a voice changer and it's not Disney. It's a fan with help form Lucas Arts. But yes, it is still amazing!

disneysroyal411

incredible.!!!! could u maybe explain more of the tech?

Not really, I just know that it is an extremely awesome copy of the original suit. Also, I just know that it's the voice changer, it sounds good(really good), and I wish I was there to see it.

I'm sure someone else on here could offer you a more sophisticated answer, but I at least could give the lowdown of it. Hope I helped! :) (Lowdowns the right term right?)

jjharvpro

thanks a lot. Disney, no matter what(I think), can never be topped. Some friends of mine think Universal is the superior, but I think not!:) These other theme park wouldn't be anywhere without DISNEY! The imagineering ideas are just incredible. That's what I want to do anyways

disneysroyal411

thanks a lot. Disney, no matter what(I think), can never be topped. Some friends of mine think Universal is the superior, but I think not!:) These other theme park wouldn't be anywhere without DISNEY! The imagineering ideas are just incredible. That's what I want to do anyways

Universal wouldn't be anywhere without Disney imagineers. When Michael Eisner was the CEO, he layed off some imagineers who were working on Beastly Kingdom, an extension to AK. Beastly Kingdom was also set aside and is now just a want more then what we could actually get. Well anyway, the imagineers that were layed off were hired by Universal and took their ideas from Beastly Kingdom and incorporated them somewhat and a little less then what they would've been at Disney, into what is now Universal Studios-the part where HP land is.

jjharvpro

whoooaaaa I never knew that. I can totally see that happening. By the way, if you don't mind me asking-do you have a Twitter

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom