INSIDER info on EE (all info from JOE ROHDE)

Pongo

nibblesandbits said:
someone still might! :lol: You never know who would just read to that page and go "cool! Harry Potter's coming!" and then run off and tell everybody they knew! :p

Harry Potter's coming?!

*runs off and tells everybody I know*

goofyfan13

animal_king1990 said:
But do you think E.E will be the #1 ride in WDW? Even better than Splash Mountain and Tower of Terror? Also, how do you classify E-tickets rides to D or C ticket ones? Is it by popularity? Does that mean the E ticket rides at AK are
1. Expedition Everest
2. Killimanjaro Safaris
3. Dinosaur
4. Kali River Rapids

And the D- tickets are?
1. ITTBAB
2. Primeval Whirl

Am I right?

There's really no way of knowing if it will be the #1 ride right now, that is just going to have to be reserved until people start riding it. The E-ticket/C-Ticket classification dates back to when Magic Kingdom first opened. Back then you had to buy tickets to ride the rides, rides that were higher in themeing/quality were more expensive, E-tickets(PotC, HM) being the most expensive. A-tickets(Dumbo) were the least.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
WDWScottieBoy said:
Ah...don't ruin the fun. SOMEONE would have taken it literally and caused some uproar. :lol:

Paul wanted his info, so I gave it to him. :lol:

Oh darn....I see I have started a tiff. :lookaroun :lol:

animal_king1990

goofyfan13 said:
There's really no way of knowing if it will be the #1 ride right now, that is just going to have to be reserved until people start riding it. The E-ticket/C-Ticket classification dates back to when Magic Kingdom first opened. Back then you had to buy tickets to ride the rides, rides that were higher in themeing/quality were more expensive, E-tickets(PotC, HM) being the most expensive. A-tickets(Dumbo) were the least.

So do you know which rides at AK are E-tickets?

sackbutt

Thrawn said:
He wasn't referring to GUESTS riding in December, just to make that clear.

It's not clear to me. Are they not already running and testing the trains now? I have seen many pictures on this site that indicate they are! Does that mean testing with humans by January?

WDWScottieBoy

Original Poster
sackbutt said:
It's not clear to me. Are they not already running and testing the trains now? I have seen many pictures on this site that indicate they are! Does that mean testing with humans by January?

Yes, the trains are running (at least two on the track) right now. The ride part is basically done and humans theoretically could ride it right now. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Joe or any other Imagineer had not already ridden it. As far as GUESTS riding it, it won't be until after the new year (at least 95% positive).

WDWScottieBoy

Original Poster
animal_king1990 said:
Did he mention what kind of theming is in E.E. besides the Yeti and the mountain?

What you see on the outside of the mountain is what you see inside. It's all rockwork inside the mountain, along with some lighting here and there. As far as any artifacts and things of the like, nothing was mentioned.

animal_king1990

Will there be ominous music playing inside the mountain? And will you be able to hear the yeti growling? Also, most of ride is dark right, so it will be suspenseful?

CTXRover

animal_king1990 said:
Did he mention what kind of theming is in E.E. besides the Yeti and the mountain?

It will contain a lot of rockwork and icy caves for sure. Check out these posted by Yensid back in July for a few inside mountain pics and queue pics:
http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=7552

Also check out http://www.wdwmagic.com/beastly.htm for some more inside pics. Under the Sept 5th update is a pic of the hill before the first switch track and a pic of part of the mural inside the temple on the main lift hill. The Aug 23rd update also shows a nice shot of what you will travel through right after the lift hill.

CTXRover

animal_king1990 said:
Will there be ominous music playing inside the mountain? And will you be able to hear the yeti growling? Also, most of ride is dark right, so it will be suspenseful?

Don't know about music as in a musical score. While it would add suspense and atmosphere, it might be considered not realistic as they seem to be trying so hard to make Everest look and feel as authentic and real as possible. It is almost certain though that you will hear the Yeti several times during the ride. As for the ride being suspenseful, we'll all have to wait to ride it before anyone knows for sure...but presumably parts will be in the dark :)

imagineer99

animal_king1990 said:

Hmmm....let me go in my time machine to check...I'll travel into the future and should be back by around April 2006 to give you the answers. ;)

animal_king1990

CTXRover said:
Don't know about music as in a musical score. While it would add suspense and atmosphere, it might be considered not realistic as they seem to be trying so hard to make Everest look and feel as authentic and real as possible. It is almost certain though that you will hear the Yeti several times during the ride. As for the ride being suspenseful, we'll all have to wait to ride it before anyone knows for sure...but presumably parts will be in the dark :)

I think they should add scary music. It adds a whole lot more to the ride. Who cares if it's not realistic. As long as people enjoy the ride as much as they can.

peter11435

animal_king1990 said:
I think they should add scary music. It adds a whole lot more to the ride. Who cares if it's not realistic. As long as people enjoy the ride as much as they can.
Well the goal of AK is to be as realistic as possible.

animal_king1990

peter11435 said:
Well the goal of AK is to be as realistic as possible.

Well, they should at least add sound effects like a blizzard, snow falling, and or rain because on the actual mountain, it does have snowstorms. A ride with absolutely no sound is kind of dull, no matter how thrilling it is. All rides need atmosphere to be good.

CTXRover

animal_king1990 said:

I have faith they know what they are doing ;) I could be wrong, but Disney was basically the first company that I am aware of to add music/sound inside coaster cars. They were at least the first to do so among the major players in the theme park world. If they wanted to add sound/music they could have. However, I'm certain there are no onboard speakers on Everest. There is probably a very good reason for that. By the looks of it, they are sparing no expense on this one so I believe if they thought music would be important to the overall enjoyment of the experience, they would add it.

CTXRover

animal_king1990 said:
Well, they should at least add sound effects like a blizzard, snow falling, and or rain because on the actual mountain, it does have snowstorms. A ride with absolutely no sound is kind of dull, no matter how thrilling it is. All rides need atmosphere to be good.

I'm almost certain there will be sound effects pumped through speakers hidden inside the mountain. Especially before and after the switch tracks and when the train coasts by the Yeti AA. I just don't expect an accompanying musical score throughout the ride ala Rockn'Roller Coaster, California Screamin' or the three newest Space Mountains (Dl, DLP and HKDL).

There has long been a rumor of having fake snow at the top of the lift hill....whether that was just a rumor or part of the blue sky phase that never made it off the drawing board is really unknown.

peter11435

animal_king1990 said:
I never said no sound. Just no scary music. All of the things you mentioned blizzard, snow falling etc would be realistic and expected.

animal_king1990

So there will probably be the sound of strong winds blowing and other sound effects like snow or rain? Will people be able to feel it or do you think it will just be sounds?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom