Inside WDW new space mountain 11/10/09

hpyhnt 1000

Concrete floors are actually better in this situation. With all of the poles in the queue it's much easier to clean concrete than it is any other type of floor. Plus it's more durable and wears were slow.

I agree. All the same, don't leave it exposed concrete; throw down a layer of that sealant paint stuff people put in their garages and I think it would look pretty good. :shrug:

DisneyParksFan1

I noticed from those pics that at one picture the ceiling was blue and on another it was purple. So judging from this, I'm guessing it will change colors!!! :sohappy: I love it!

I think DL beat us as far as exterior and actual ride goes, but did we beat them by queue??

hpyhnt 1000

I noticed from those pics that at one picture the ceiling was blue and on another it was purple. So judging from this, I'm guessing it will change colors!!! :sohappy: I love it!

I think DL beat us as far as exterior and actual ride goes, but did we beat them by queue??

I initially thought that as well, but raven pointed out that the color is probably due to an overexposure of the picture and color contrast which makes the plain white work lights look purple.

magicmaya

WDW's queue has always beat DL's! The only thing better about DL's before this refurb was the lighting. :D

magicmaya

I think maya said the green would be on the loading gates.

Right Maya? :shrug:

Anyway, this is exactly what I was hoping for when I heard the queue would be covered. Beautiful!

And the two pictures of the tunnel queue appear to exceed my expectations.

So far, so good! :)

I love it! It was just what I was imagining! I knew it was going to come out like that and it looks great!!!

New re-entry tunnel and I will be happy! :D

jt04

Oh, and epcotservo got his "code" backstory afterall.

So, that other site says over 80 people can play the interactive game at the same time.

Impressive! :sohappy:

hack2112

Yes and no. Yes that it has some nice variety and looks more futuristic. No because we don't have a giant spaceship hanging over our load.

Yes and no. Yes that it has some nice variety and looks more futuristic. No because we don't have a giant spaceship hanging over our load.

Its unique:shrug:

At least its not a copy of Tokyo or Disneyland. And at least its original, and with the rumbling of budget cuts, they did a very nice job!!! Do we not remember what the queue looked like before this?

magicmaya

Before
SM+Q+back+wall.JPG

After :sohappy:

space1LARGE.jpg

DisneyParksFan1

It's soo exciting to see that comparison of before and after. I agree it is very unique so it is indeed better than DL's. Spaceship or no Spaceship lolz. Now, about the purple lighting, yes that could just be it. Let's hope not though! It'd be cool having fading colors in the queue...

hack2112

Its unique:shrug:

At least its not a copy of Tokyo or Disneyland. And at least its original, and with the rumbling of budget cuts, they did a very nice job!!! Do we not remember what the queue looked like before this?
Relax. I still really like the look of it, but you don't forget a giant spaceship hanging over your head. Just sayin'...

jt04

Relax. I still really like the look of it, but you don't forget a giant spaceship hanging over your head. Just sayin'...

Yes but a spaceship never changes as it's rather static. But projections can be varied, plussed and improved.

Expo_Seeker40

Sweet....just as I suspected. They are going to spare and leave some of the zig zag windows. Looks like all of them on the fastpass side of the zig zag queue will probably be there. You can see one of them in the background of this picture, complete with the 1975 blue boxes along the sides of them.

Phew. :lookaroun

And many of the same things on the fastpass zigzag windows were also on the standby zigzag windows. Only difference was the fastpass windows one of them had a small Explorer Ship floating next to saturn, and the upsidedown astronauts, wheras the standby had an Explorer Mothership.

309tx5j.jpg

Im relaxed, just stating how i feel, next time ill put IMO so there no debate.

Sorry if I seemed like I was degrading what you were saying, your intitiled to your opinion. No hard feelings:D

EpcotServo

Concrete floors are actually better in this situation. With all of the poles in the queue it's much easier to clean concrete than it is any other type of floor. Plus it's more durable and wears were slow.

And, it has the amazing power of looking like a space ghetto.

Seriously, the floors were awful. Why is it that it looked like a worse Parking Garage than Rock N Roller Coaster, which is themed to the hilt as a Parking Garage?
:lookaroun :lol:

Oh, and epcotservo got his "code" backstory afterall.

I never said they weren't doing it, I said they were doing it wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom