Inside WDW new space mountain 11/10/09

CaptainMichael

I agree. Kind of like the Harry Potter concept art. It just ain't gonna be like that!

I'm not sure how you account for 100 degree Florida heat in a concept painting of a winter wonderland. :lookaroun :lol:

Yeah, I question the winter look of Hogsmeade (it's not always winter when they go), but at least they are going to try with snow machines, etc. The facades look pretty good so a far.

_Scar

Yeah, I question the winter look of Hogsmeade (it's not always winter when they go), but at least they are going to try with snow machines, etc. The facades look pretty good so a far.

Yes, but hey... it works for BB. :lol:

We haven't really seen too much of the actual ride from the concept art yet, and doubt we will. And so far nothing looks strange or unusual. The castle is pretty spot on atm with the art.

CaptainMichael

Yes, but hey... it works for BB. :lol:

We haven't really seen too much of the actual ride from the concept art yet, and doubt we will. And so far nothing looks strange or unusual. The castle is pretty spot on atm with the art.

True, but BB is supposed to be melting in the Florida sun.

TWWoHP will be amazing. There is no bigger fan than I, but they did complicate things with the winter look. Should be noted that I appreciate the risk, the effort, and how they've challenged themselves.

jt04

Like you saw these concepts!! Give me a break.....you are the biggest BS artist on here.

:lol::sohappy:

Look here. Another subscriber to wdwmagic has an epiphany. The list gets longer by the day.

This jt04 was glad to blaze the trail.

This jt04 loves refering to himself in the third person. Because this jt04 loves mocking that "spirit". This jt04 is done posting for now but this jt04 will be back later. This jt04 likes the SM refurb and this jt04 approves of the cleaning this jt04's Space Mountain is getting today.

This jt04 is waving until SM is done or that spirit stops refering to himself as "this spirit". :wave:

PS- This jt04 heard more good stuff about SM today :zipit:

Exprcoofto

Look here. Another subscriber to wdwmagic has an epiphany. The list gets longer by the day.

This jt04 loves refering to himself in the third person. Because this jt04 loves mocking that "spirit". This jt04 is done posting for now but this jt04 will be back later. This jt04 likes the SM refurb and this jt04 approves of the cleaning this jt04's Space Mountain is getting today.

This jt04 is waving until SM is done or that spirit stops refering to himself as "this spirit". :wave:

Care to elebrate what you've heard today?

sponono88

Question

So what exactly are these (AMAZING!!!) effects that DL has?

I'm not sure about the effects, but DL's SM received a brand new smoother track, new exterior lighting effects, new rockets, new soundtrack, queue - as far as I know the ride was refreshed/updated from top to bottom. I think that's what people are referring to when they talk about the "better" refurb that DL got (which lasted what, almost 3 years?)

RSoxNo1

Forever debated? EPCOT? If there's debate about it, it only seems to be coming from you. Even Birnbaum's states that you really need 2 days to see all of EPCOT. You can hit up all of Future World in a day and still not have seen everything there.

EPCOT is much more than a full-day park. You're honestly the first person I've heard suggest otherwise, and I've been in the Disney park fan community since 1999.

EPCOT, even in its watered down state, still can't all be done in one day. Not close.

Unless, of course, we're talking folks who simply are looking at rides (which I get a large portion of fanbois are). Some people enjoy shows, dining, and just soaking in the atmosphere.

I think Epcot may just miss the mark with me. To me, I would much rather spend two days in the Animal Kingdom than two days in Epcot, and I know I'm in the minority there.

What is it that's eating up so much of your time in Epcot? Is it spending 2 hours for dinner? Is it roaming through the shops in World Showcase?

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I know the effect at the end of DL as you kinda I suppose the idea is flying back toward earth is really cool...its very short and I don't know how they do it, but it was an amazing effect to me.

You might be able to see it on some of the youtube videos.

_Scar

I think Epcot may just miss the mark with me. To me, I would much rather spend two days in the Animal Kingdom than two days in Epcot, and I know I'm in the minority there.

What is it that's eating up so much of your time in Epcot? Is it spending 2 hours for dinner? Is it roaming through the shops in World Showcase?

I, too, don't see how Epcot is easily a 2 day park. if you don't like shopping it probably is just one day. :shrug:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Some of you need to remember that this is a fan site, this means that fawning appreciation is the only type of post that is appropriate. If you wish to make comments that express an opinion that is not totally sycophantic about Disney World or its operation I respectfully request you visit a six flags site as its not the sort of thing we want to read around here and such comments will be more welcome there.

So show the mouse some love and hand over the cash.

Buried20KLeague

Some of you need to remember that this is a fan site, this means that fawning appreciation is the only type of post that is appropriate. If you wish to make comments that express an opinion that is not totally sycophantic about Disney World or its operation I respectfully request you visit a six flags site as its not the sort of thing we want to read around here and such comments will be more welcome there.

So show the mouse some love and hand over the cash.

Ah. We've missed you! :wave:

Now... Don't you understand that by visiting WDW like you are shortly means that you are doing nothing but feeding the beast? For shame. It's people like you that infuriate me!! :lol:

EPCOT Explorer

Is it just me or is that gray stuff unpainted material for some new rock-work?:lookaroun
Nah, it's just lit up.

:hurl:

And you say HE is full of himself? You are delusional...:lol:

Spill on SM if you have anything...(doubt it!:))

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Ah. We've missed you! :wave:

Now... Don't you understand that by visiting WDW like you are shortly means that you are doing nothing but feeding the beast? For shame. It's people like you that infuriate me!! :lol:

I thought I heard some rounds cracking over head.

But Ill hand over the money with a scowel and enjoy Universal, Sea World and Busch Gardens more to spite them.

ryno1982

I just got back from the MK. The mountain was not being washed from the park side, and it still looks awful. Around 4, the lights were on inside the mountain and they were testing a few trains. I'll go ahead and confirm that the rockets are a darker gray and the neon green stripe is gone.

A few hours later the lights were out. It's very dark in there now. You can't see the track at all. Seeing as how the trains don't glow either, the TTA's view is pretty pointless now.

For a moment I thought there might be a soft opening because there were quite a few managers and CMs out front, but no such luck. They're telling everyone Nov 22.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom