Rumor Inside Out to Replace Journey into Imagination with Figment?

TJJohn12

Posting in here since it's figment related and gets more action than the emoji blitz thread.

Emoji Blitz is showing Figment love! They have a park related "event" going on now, and the exclusive emoji is (FINALLY) Figment! I had to work some "tricks" to make sure I got him! Looks like there's an imagination pavilion emoji too, but that'll be one of the last I can get, so I haven't gotten it yet.
View attachment 395252View attachment 395253View attachment 395254

I can't decide if he looks off b/c his eye's aren't yellow, I don't have any editing programs to change it to yellow to see if I like it better. But at least he's getting love!

Since I'm obsessive about tracing Figments into SVGs - and since I've wanted a Figment emoji since the game came out - I did a quick trace so we've got him in higher quality, and also tried a yellow eye version. I'll work through the others soon now that I have the base down.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Agree completely.
You 'get it'.
:)

Part of the beauty of EPCOT Center back in the day was exactly what you have touched on .
Each Pavillion was a complete package where the theme or idea being presented was done so on multiple related levels.
Choose any Pavillion in Future World during the heydays and all offered several experiences that together equaled more then the sum of its parts.
Each experience built on what was also present in the same building...and one could indeed spend a hour or more inside exploring the exhibits and various offerings.
Guests would come out and feel they had a enjoyed a full offering of entertainment value, and in many cases also come away with their curiosity perked.
Others left downright inspired, and others still pursued learning more about the topics touched on.
The offerings left impressions, as well as moments of fun or awe.

Today, things are very different.

The Land from that time period (1982 - 1992 ) is a great example.
You had the boat ride giving Guests a very direct and live experience regarding the subject matter, and then a complimentary film touching on another aspect in a more relaxed setting.
Dining offered at the old 'Farmers Market' brought the message even more into focus, as you were now enjoying the 'harvest' of physical crops and future thinking ideas you had just previously experienced.
The seating areas inside the interior of the Pavillion with the sculptured fountain , ceiling murals, lighted table umbrellas, and drifting hot air balloons also 'told the story' of the cycles of the Earth.
Everything had been carefully thought out and designed in a way that each aspect complimented the other gracefully.
It was a entire 'package'.

Today, The Land is pretty much the last remnant of the 'old Pavillion experience' but it is a jumbled mess currently.
Fragmented offerings that are just remotely related to the topic.
The offerings don't compliment each other, and the consistentsy of the Pavilion's 'story' has been compromised and in some cases somewhat ignored.
Now we have a shopping mall styled food court, a flight simulator over 'the world', and the still present boat ride.
Disjointed, 'singular' experiences with a microfiber suggestion of being related to the topic strung together like unmatching beads on a necklace.
The message of how man can harness the Earths bounty and the responsibiltes that entails is pretty much lost now with the exception of the still present 'Living With The Land' Attraction.
One can still spend some time here, but now it's mostly for standing in line for 'Soarin' and not nessesarily enjoying the Pavillion as a 'whole cohesive package'.

The Imagination Pavillion suffers the same issues , but worse in many respects.
It is such a patchwork mismatched skeleton of what exsisted there prior.
Where once there was a beautifully designed flow through all the experiences offered, now it is reduced in scope to just one poorly executed ride experience and a quick exit through empty corridors and the remnants of a defunct photo service kiosk.
The upstairs exploratory play area that used to be housed there is gone and is now a underused space in it's current state, and the tacked on retail spot near the exit door is a afterthought to try to fill the gaping space of nothingness now there.
The entire Pavillion is a mess....and needs a serious redesign inside to remove the multiple walls and added corridors that are gumming up what was once a stunning entrance atrium and charmingly designed interior.

-
Yeah, well today's park goers have the attention span of a goldfish.

Princess Leia

Posting in here since it's figment related and gets more action than the emoji blitz thread.

Emoji Blitz is showing Figment love! They have a park related "event" going on now, and the exclusive emoji is (FINALLY) Figment! I had to work some "tricks" to make sure I got him! Looks like there's an imagination pavilion emoji too, but that'll be one of the last I can get, so I haven't gotten it yet.
View attachment 395252View attachment 395253View attachment 395254

I can't decide if he looks off b/c his eye's aren't yellow, I don't have any editing programs to change it to yellow to see if I like it better. But at least he's getting love!
I might download this game again to try to get him 😍

smile

for your lack of creativity, passion, and vision in delivering yet more sodosopa for wdw, by the power indebted to me by walts frozen head, i hereby sentence you to forty-seven consecutive laps on journey into imagination with figment
*gavel*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom