Inside Out meet and greet

mm52200

Jane, Atta, John Smith, and Daisy are appearing with their SOs the 12-14 at AK for valentines Day. Don't worry @Thumper 32 my days of posting insider info so someone else can package them up for profit are over
Wow that's fantastic!!!! Great job to whoever in management or entertainment that made this happen. Of course would it really break the bank to have these characters year round...nope.

asianway

Wow that's fantastic!!!! Great job to whoever in management or entertainment that made this happen. Of course would it really break the bank to have these characters year round...nope.
Year round? I can see why you wouldn't want to pay the FTEs all year. But closing a Mickey room once a month to free up for something different? Absolutely

mm52200

Year round? I can see why you wouldn't want to pay the FTEs all year. But closing a Mickey room once a month to free up for something different? Absolutely
I don't know what FTE means, but what with the loss of Thumper, Miss Bunny, Terk, Jiminy Cricket, and a full parade over the years, I would think there's plenty of money lying around for four additional characters to do meets and greets in the entertainment budget.

asianway

I don't know what FTE means, but what with the loss of Thumper, Miss Bunny, Terk, Jiminy Cricket, and a full parade over the years, I would think there's plenty of money lying around for four additional characters to do meets and greets in the entertainment budget.
Full Time Equivalent is how most companies look at labor

PhotoDave219

Well some of those savings went to being able to finding the Fab Five doing back to backs at MK in Toontown (circus, whatever) and in Epcot Character spot.

friendofafriend

Well some of those savings went to being able to finding the Fab Five doing back to backs at MK in Toontown (circus, whatever) and in Epcot Character spot.
Each park has its own entertainment budget. The character cuts at DAK would have been to accommodate the addition of Russel and Dug as well as the additional capacity at Adventurers outpost and the added characters for lunch at dinner at Tusker which had been there at breakfast only beforehand.
On the plus side they have recently brought back Flik (though we lost Daisy) and Tarzan.

PhotoDave219

Each park has its own entertainment budget. The character cuts at DAK would have been to accommodate the addition of Russel and Dug as well as the additional capacity at Adventurers outpost and the added characters for lunch at dinner at Tusker which had been there at breakfast only beforehand.
On the plus side they have recently brought back Flik (though we lost Daisy) and Tarzan.

Yes. And like every department, they have to hit their numbers.

For an entertainment company, they sure like to cut back on it constantly.

friendofafriend

Yes. And like every department, they have to hit their numbers.

For an entertainment company, they sure like to cut back on it constantly.
Absolutely. The company looks at entertainment as the only department that doesn't generate revenue, that's why photopass was added in an attempt to squeeze some money out of the meet and greet experience. I would actually love to see them cut all entertainment from shows to parades, fireworks and meet and greets and see how attendance is impacted. They will continue to cut off their nose to spite their face until it hurts their "numbers"
As a cast member the cuts infuriate me. I hate to see these families that have saved for their dream Disney vacations be Nickle and dimed and rushed through meet n greets like cattle and ultimately leave disappointed. It really upsets me!

PhotoDave219

Absolutely. The company looks at entertainment as the only department that doesn't generate revenue, that's why photopass was added in an attempt to squeeze some money out of the meet and greet experience. I would actually love to see them cut all entertainment from shows to parades, fireworks and meet and greets and see how attendance is impacted. They will continue to cut off their nose to spite their face until it hurts their "numbers"
As a cast member the cuts infuriate me. I hate to see these families that have saved for their dream Disney vacations be Nickle and dimed and rushed through meet n greets like cattle and ultimately leave disappointed. It really upsets me!

Preaching to the choir....... Always hate "love and shove"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom