1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Inside Out being the focal point on the (now defunct) Wonders of Life pavilion

Discussion in 'Imagineer' started by WondersOfLife, Nov 8, 2014.

1. WondersOfLife

WondersOfLife Well-Known Member Original Poster

[​IMG]

2. RedFurredCadet

RedFurredCadet Active Member

Poor Buzzy. I hope someone has the audacity to remember him or pay homage to him in he attraction sometime.

Can anyone each elaborate the reasons for your choice? I'm not judging you though, just being nice...

3. RedFurredCadet

RedFurredCadet Active Member

Indeed agree!

Interesting fact, but I wonder if he's available for interviews to tell the attraction's story, from cradle to grave.

Indeed. If they had enough energy from spending it on Frozen (DUH) they could at least shift WoL over to Melbourne Australia... no, stop, that's a different ballgame and I don't think we'll win it.

4. WondersOfLife

I think it was really late at night and was brainstorming a bunch of random stuff that don't go together really. :p

5. CaptainShortty

CaptainShortty Well-Known Member

It would be a cool idea as the theme would fit really well but if they're going to do anything new in WOL they're probably going to wind up having to tear the building down and start from scratch. There's not really enough to be able to salvage a full fledged pavilion again.

WondersOfLife likes this.
  6. Siren

Siren Well-Known Member

Fair enough, but it does sound like Monsters Inc. but with dinosaurs. I read some of the story line and the dinosaurs are supposed to be fearful of people, and they are terrified of this little boy who befriends this gentle giant of a dinosaur --i.e. Boo & Sully. So, we'll see.

When it comes to theme park rides, the "movie" itself, doesn't have to be great. The mummy ride at Universal is very popular and still winning awards, while the movie is awful.

I don't like Avatar the film, but Pandora is so gorgeous. James Cameron is such a perfectionist and the imagineers teaming up with him is going to bring about a fascinating world -- so I am super excited about it.

This is an excellent idea. Another company was supposed to do a Dinosaur themed park in Miami but it got axed. I guess I will start a thread about it.

Also, I don't know what to make of Inside Out, it looks good enough to me. But,when they showed previews during the Cinderella movie, and the audience was in stitches over "Minions" and the "Mall Cop" guy but no one laughed at all at Inside Out, so I don't know what to make of that. And, this also happened when I went to see The Spongbob Movie. Yes, I went to see The Spongebob Movie and I liked it.

I'll be back to post my review of Inside Out.

7. WondersOfLife

The mummy was very successful with general audiences... Not for the critics. Also, it's just one ride. Developing an entire LAND around that movie franchise I would believe to be a bad idea.

Harry Potter and Jurrasic Park were so critically acclaimed that they have their own entire land themed to them. This would be why Disney is getting Star Wars land because the franchise is so popular. Avatarland because the movie was VEEERY successful (but very much over-rated).

Otherwise, I agree with you. Like Song of the South for Splash Mountain.. But you don't see an entire land that revolves around that one movie. Because that movie isn't popular enough to have an entire land. Which is why Twister doesn't have an entire land, or The Mummy, or Shrek. They aren't nearly as popular as Star Wars or Harry Potter. Not in the same category of popularity at all.

This is why Disney is making an entire land themed to Frozen! I'm just realizing these things as I continue to type! xP

8. raven

raven Well-Known Member

CM working in the closed WoL pavilion? o_O

9. WondersOfLife

Possibly working during Food & Wine or Flower and Garden..?

10. marni1971

marni1971 WDW History nut Premium Member

$416 million take vs $80m budget suggests otherwise.

Matt_Black and WondersOfLife like this.
  11. Captain Neo

Captain Neo Well-Known Member

Epcot Center should not have film tie-in attractions

12. WondersOfLife

But it shall. And since that is the case.. This would be one of their better options.

13. Matt_Black

Matt_Black Well-Known Member

Yeah, it was an enjoyable film. The sequels and spin-offs, on the other hand....

14. marni1971

marni1971 WDW History nut Premium Member

Ugh. Another trilogy that should have stopped at one.

(Which would mean it wouldn't be a trilogy but hey)

15. Matt_Black

Matt_Black Well-Known Member

Let's not forget about the Scorpion King films (though I know we've all tried).

On the other hand, if they ever try to do a fourth film that's a remake of The Robot Versus The Aztec Mummy, then I forgive the entire franchise.

marni1971 likes this.
  16. HauntedMansionFLA

HauntedMansionFLA Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing when I heard Pixar was doing this movie. Hopefully the picture does well and they bring it to EPCOT

17. GetAPaperBag

GetAPaperBag Well-Known Member

Why not? It's still a part of Walt Disney World, so why can't things that are Disney be represented?

Otterhead likes this.
  18. Otterhead

Otterhead Well-Known Member

They aren't making a land themed to Frozen, just one ride.

19. Launchpad McQuack

Launchpad McQuack Well-Known Member

I love that since Scorpion King 2 is a prequel to Scorpion King (I think, I've only seen the first one), it makes Scorpion King 3/4 a sequel to the prequel to the spinoff to the sequel to the remake of the original Mummy.

20. WondersOfLife

for now..... I'm calling it!