Inside Out being the focal point on the (now defunct) Wonders of Life pavilion

Matt_Black

oh-the-irony.jpeg

That's not ironic.

Siren

Remember, Pixar has TWO movies coming out in 2015, so odds are whatever movie the Academy picks, it's going to be Pixar.
Pixar's The Good Dinosaur doesn't appeal to me at all. It just doesn't look all that good and I doubt it will be in the running for an Oscar. I'm looking forward to seeing Jurassic World, and that's more than enough dinosaurs for me in one year. Inside Out looks really good though, and will definitely clinch the Oscar.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
Pixar's The Good Dinosaur doesn't appeal to me at all. It just doesn't look all that good and I doubt it will be in the running for an Oscar. I'm looking forward to seeing Jurassic World, and that's more than enough dinosaurs for me in one year. Inside Out looks really good though, and will definitely clinch the Oscar.

I'll bet Uni. will upgrade their Jurassic Park section and it'll be very popular for another year or two. JUST when I thought it was time for that area to go..

Siren

I'll bet Uni. will upgrade their Jurassic Park section and it'll be very popular for another year or two. JUST when I thought it was time for that area to go..
Omg... I just wrote an extensive write up on how Uni may expand Jurassic Park into Jurassic World to contend with Star Wars Land, in what might amount to an epic theme park war showdown. But, no one seemed interested and then it got moved all the way down to the bottom in a different area of the forum. I just don't feel like scrolling all the way down there, just to discuss things. I don't read past the first two sections of this forum, lol.

Anyway, the Harry Potter Diagon Alley expansion was nice, but it's no longer drawing the huge amount of crowds like it did when it first opened. In addition, those crowds came nowhere near as close to the opening crowds for Hogsmeade. The most recent accounts I've seen, said that Diagon Alley was almost empty and the wait time for Gringotts was down to 15 minutes during non peak times. At this point, I just can't see any more money being invested into expanding HP at Universal Orlando.

Jurassic World feels like Disney's Animal Kingdom with a little edge, to me. DAK is my second favorite park, so if Uni can create a space that can somehow emanate the adventurous, exotic feel that DAK has and transport me there -- I would be more than thrilled. The Jurassic Park franchise may not be as strong as Harry Potter, but it's content provides a potent, effervescent platform to create a adventurous, immersive world, much like Avatar and Star Wars. Not to mention, Kong and Skull Island, too.

Back to the topic -- I would love to see the Wonders of Life pavilion reopened and Inside Out serve as the anchor attraction for that pavilion. If the movie is very successful, Disney should have no problems finding a sponsor for this.

Matt_Black

Well, we'll see. They did a major overhaul of the film during production, and sometimes that works out for a very good movie (Emperor's New Groove, Meet the Robinsons). Also, it's going to feature John Lithgow and Neil Patrick Harris, among others, and they're delightful.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Omg... I just wrote an extensive write up on how Uni may expand Jurassic Park into Jurassic World to contend with Star Wars Land, in what might amount to an epic theme park war showdown. But, no one seemed interested and then it got moved all the way down to the bottom in a different area of the forum. I just don't feel like scrolling all the way down there, just to discuss things. I don't read past the first two sections of this forum, lol.

Anyway, the Harry Potter Diagon Alley expansion was nice, but it's no longer drawing the huge amount of crowds like it did when it first opened. In addition, those crowds came nowhere near as close to the opening crowds for Hogsmeade. The most recent accounts I've seen, said that Diagon Alley was almost empty and the wait time for Gringotts was down to 15 minutes during non peak times. At this point, I just can't see any more money being invested into expanding HP at Universal Orlando.

Jurassic World feels like Disney's Animal Kingdom with a little edge, to me. DAK is my second favorite park, so if Uni can create a space that can somehow emanate the adventurous, exotic feel that DAK has and transport me there -- I would be more than thrilled. The Jurassic Park franchise may not be as strong as Harry Potter, but it's content provides a potent, effervescent platform to create a adventurous, immersive world, much like Avatar and Star Wars. Not to mention, Kong and Skull Island, too.

I'm kind of glad that Diagon Alley doesn't have as much of a crowd as it did when it opened... Because if that's the case, my most recent trip to Universal in October.. I was freaking trapped in that land like a sardine in a full can!!!! It was horrible! Even Hogwarts in the other park was still massively crowded! I think I'll have to disagree with you on the statement of it declining in popularity..

Jurassic World though.. Uni's already a step ahead Disney. Harry Potter will most likely still get more crowds compared to Avatarland I bet... Does anybody even actually like the Avatar movie? Like.. REALLY? Who has seen the movie twice? I re-state that.. Who has seen the movie at least halfway through a second attempt at watching it? I mean the graphics are AMAZING! But it was really over rated when it came out.. Nobody's still talking about it. At all. People still talk about Jurassic Park and Harry Potter..

If anything.. I'll say Jurassic World will take the numbers that Disney gets for Avatarland. I do think Star Wars will be more of a draw than Jurassic World. There's a much larger fan base.

DinoInstitute

Back to the topic -- I would love to see the Wonders of Life pavilion reopened and Inside Out serve as the anchor attraction for that pavilion. If the movie is very successful, Disney should have no problems finding a sponsor for this.
Maybe they should do a refurb of DinoLand to compete with JW?

champdisney

Universal will never get rid of Jurassic Park, it's Spielberg's baby and considering that Spielberg originally pitched for a full blown Jurassic Park theme park which we all know became IOA, well yeah that pretty much explains that. Now can we count on Toon Lagoon to be around 10 years from now? Probably not.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Universal will never get rid of Jurassic Park, it's Spielberg's baby and considering that Spielberg originally pitched for a full blown Jurassic Park theme park which we all know became IOA, well yeah that pretty much explains that. Now can we count on Toon Lagoon to be around 10 years from now? Probably not.

That didn't stop them from replacing this, though...
jawsride.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom