Inside Out being the focal point on the (now defunct) Wonders of Life pavilion

Matt_Black

You know what I'd do? I'd avoid the whole "where to put more Frozen stuff" issue by re-theming Blizzard Beach as a Frozen-themed waterpark. Give it a backstory about how Elsa wanted to give Olaf a place to have fun in summer or something, put some Frozen characters around, and done.

Yes, but then we'd lose the whole "This is where Santa and the elves chill out the rest of the year" and I think that's absolutely charming.

Otterhead

Yes, but then we'd lose the whole "This is where Santa and the elves chill out the rest of the year" and I think that's absolutely charming.
Oh, I agree. I guess what I mean by "what I would do" isn't that I think that making it a Frozen park is the best idea, but if I were a Disney Exec, that'd be the simplest solution :)

Brer Panther

All it needs is This.....
Oscar-Trophy-award-photo.jpg

If Frozen didn't win Best Animated Film...We would have seen most of that merchandise at the outlet stores off of I-4 during the summer..And it wouldn't do them a thing..Look at what happened when Nemo won the oscar and what did WDW Get...
The_Seas_with_Nemo_%26_Friends.png
410ZNp4YqtL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

For what it's worth, Big Hero 6 won an Oscar, too, but I doubt Disney will be doing anything for THAT. Heck, UP won an Oscar and we haven't seen a ride based on that movie yet.

Which is why Twister doesn't have an entire land, or The Mummy, or Shrek.
Technically, there is a Shrek-themed land at Universal Studios Singapore...

shrek-4d-adventure.png

On the subject of Inside Out in EPCOT, wasn't there a rumor going around that the cast of the movie would be teaming up with Figment over at the Imagination pavilion? I also have one of those "Walt Disney World Guide Books" that says that they're considering using it to replace the Laugh Floor in Tommorowland. Go figure.​

Matt_Black

For what it's worth, Big Hero 6 won an Oscar, too, but I doubt Disney will be doing anything for THAT. Heck, UP won an Oscar and we haven't seen a ride based on that movie yet.

True, not a full ride, but there's the Dug & Russell meet & greet, and the Wilderness Explorers activities are clearly drawn from the film.

Matt_Black

Frozen is the biggest animated movie ever made, beating The Lion King, which only won Oscars for its music. An Oscar is meaningless. Frozen will be selling merchandise for decades to come.

Indeed. Aside from the sheer box office numbers, the soundtrack broke records and won numerous awards and achievements. And while an Oscar is a nice feather in the cap, not having one isn't going to hurt things- just ask Lilo & Stitch.

cheezbat

You know what I'd do? I'd avoid the whole "where to put more Frozen stuff" issue by re-theming Blizzard Beach as a Frozen-themed waterpark. Give it a backstory about how Elsa wanted to give Olaf a place to have fun in summer or something, put some Frozen characters around, and done.
No no no!

What is it with everyone and trying to ruin the good parts of WDW by stinking it up with Frozen? Frozen needs a ride or land ON ITS OWN...it should not replace anything.

Otterhead

What is it with everyone and trying to ruin the good parts of WDW by stinking it up with Frozen? Frozen needs a ride or land ON ITS OWN...it should not replace anything.
I don't follow your logic. Adding Frozen to something that already exists is "stinking things up", but creating an entirely new land for it is fine?

cheezbat

Technically, there is a Shrek-themed land at Universal Studios Singapore...

shrek-4d-adventure.png

On the subject of Inside Out in EPCOT, wasn't there a rumor going around that the cast of the movie would be teaming up with Figment over at the Imagination pavilion? I also have one of those "Walt Disney World Guide Books" that says that they're considering using it to replace the Laugh Floor in Tommorowland. Go figure.​
Wish we had that kind of detail in our Shrek attractions here in the US.

As for that Inside Out rumor...I honestly hope they're wrong. Inside Out shouldn't be replacing Imagination or Laugh Floor. If anything, WoL is beyond the ideal location for this franchise. When is WDW going to stop the horrible thematic decisions and get back to putting things where they belong? I agree Laugh Floor should go, but I think it should just be moved to Hollywood Studios. That frees up space for a new and better fitting attraction in Tomorrowland.

cheezbat

I don't follow your logic. Adding Frozen to something that already exists is "stinking things up", but creating an entirely new land for it is fine?
It's butchering an already fully realized concept and shoving the Frozen backstory in. If they did this to BB then all the chalets, and skiing and tobogganing and Santa references and Ice Gator and everything else would have to be tossed out.
I would much rather see a full Frozen land on its own in DHS or MK over replacing something else in WDW. What they're doing in Epcot makes me sad.

Siren

The mummy was very successful with general audiences... Not for the critics. Also, it's just one ride. Developing an entire LAND around that movie franchise I would believe to be a bad idea.

Harry Potter and Jurrasic Park were so critically acclaimed that they have their own entire land themed to them. This would be why Disney is getting Star Wars land because the franchise is so popular. Avatarland because the movie was VEEERY successful (but very much over-rated).

Otherwise, I agree with you. Like Song of the South for Splash Mountain.. But you don't see an entire land that revolves around that one movie. Because that movie isn't popular enough to have an entire land. Which is why Twister doesn't have an entire land, or The Mummy, or Shrek. They aren't nearly as popular as Star Wars or Harry Potter. Not in the same category of popularity at all.

This is why Disney is making an entire land themed to Frozen! I'm just realizing these things as I continue to type! xP
I totally disagree with this. Avatar would not fit in AK, if it were just a single attraction -- it really needs to be a land in order for it to make sense.

Besides, it would be an injustice for Disney ignore the breathtaking beauty of Pandora. I'm sorry, but I can be done with Harry Potter land in 15 minutes. I can only stand around gazing at magic wands or whatever for so long. But, Pandora is a world that I would love to explore and just get lost in. This is why Uni really needs to flesh Jurassic World, and capture some of that exotic essence and vibe that AK has.

Siren

$416 million take vs $80m budget suggests otherwise.
Really marni? Well then -- by this logic, Avatar must be the greatest film ever made, and totally *not* awful. Avatar had a $300-$500 million dollar budget and grossed almost $3 Billion.

Also, has anyone seen my Miami billion dollar theme park expose' piece???? It just vanished into thin air.

Epcot Center should not have film tie-in attractions
Really?

YOU are not the boss. YOU may be OK with that but their are hundreds of people who are not ok with shoving cartoon tie-ins into Epcot Center.
Wow, hundreds of people are not okay with this? Well, I guess that settles it, then. Disney should ban all cartoon tie in's -- so that millions of people can leave and hundreds of people can be happy at home on their computer.

Matt_Black

YOU are not the boss. YOU may be OK with that but their are hundreds of people who are not ok with shoving cartoon tie-ins into Epcot Center.

He's not the boss, but then again, neither are you. You might not like it, but at the moment, Disney is catering towards those who DO like, or at least don't mind, cartoon tie-ins in Epcot. Maybe at some point things will go back the other way; entertainment, regardless of the medium, often follows cyclical patterns. But in the meantime, no amount of whining on an internet forum is going to catch the attention of any Disney executives.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom