Info about future timekeeper attraction

Gfhweb

Original Poster
I was recently talking to an unnamed imagineer and he let slip some information about the future attraction in timekeeper. The new attraction is going to be yet another transplant from another park. It is...MONSTERS INC. Yes its true wdw is going to have a transplanted ride from yet another park. This is though going to fit in with new branding regime of tomorrowland. This attraction being next door to b buzz lightyear and across the street from SGE there is going to be so many plush toys in tomorrow land now it is ridiculous.

Also another piece of information. An attraction in development right now is that of the incredibles ride. IN this ride the car will move along the ride track into different rooms much like the traditional dark ride. The thing that will set this apart is that the ride vehicles of this will actually be grabbed by a mechanical arm and lifted off of the track. As of now Imagineering has been able to life the cars off the track and move them around in the air safely. The problem they are having is placing the cars back on the track safely. The new idea that will be going into testing soon is to outfit the ride vehicles with the same laser guidance system that NASA uses with the space shuttles docking procedures with the ISS. Another little tidbit is that that the mechanical arm that will be used in this Incredibles them ride is already in public view of park guests at this time. Anyone who walks through innovations now sees a smaller version of this arm. The mechanical arms title is the KUKA arm. It is now in use in innoventions for the mechanical arms used to drum on different materials. This arm though is what will be used in the ride with the same versatility of movement only with a ride vehicle with guests in it on the ride. It is all every exciting. I can’t wait for official announcement of this ride or announcement of Monsters Inc going into time keeper. All of this is based off of first hand conversations with imagineers and from a trip through the Imagineering office in California over last summer. I decided not to share information until I had gotten further conformation.

Greg

dxwwf3

We've been hearing Monsters Inc show for some time now. It will be interesting to see how it all turns out.

Man that would be an awesome idea for an Incredibles attraction. It does sound too good to be true though. It seems that too many things could go wrong.

ToTBellHop

That's actually what has been long rumored to be the Incredibles attraction--though I think it is going to DCA first (doesn't mean it can't come to WDW, too). It's called a Robocoaster though it sounds like Disney is reinventing how it works--very interesting (and not surprising) about WDI considering using NASA technology.

And all of the info about Monsters Inc. suggests that it will be a show, not a ride (though things can certainly change) called The Laugh Floor.

dxwwf3

ISTCNavigator57 said:
That's actually what has been long rumored to be the Incredibles attraction--though I think it is going to DCA first (doesn't mean it can't come to WDW, too). It's called a Robocoaster though it sounds like Disney is reinventing how it works--very interesting (and not surprising) about WDI considering using NASA technology.

But I hadn't heard about this removing from the track part of the ride. Maybe I wasn't reading hard enough.

It does seem interesting to see how they would adjust the intensity of the ride for various guests.

ToTBellHop

Well it would need to be on some sort of track, I'd imagine, for safe load/unload. It will have to have a pretty sophisticated system to keep track of the car at all times and adjust its motion based on the weight of the guests riding and have really good compliance--pretty incredible technology worthy of the ride's name.

mkepcotmgmak

is there another Monster's Inc. attraction other than the new one at DCA? I didn't know if you meant they are cloning that attraction, or cloning a show from a foreign park, that I am unaware of.

Thanks for the rumors! They sound great. The Incredibles attraction sounds really high-tech! Can't wait to see if this one pans out, or not!:wave:

ToTBellHop

mkepcotmgmak said:
is there another Monster's Inc. attraction other than the new one at DCA? I didn't know if you meant they are cloning that attraction, or cloning a show from a foreign park, that I am unaware of.

Thanks for the rumors! They sound great. The Incredibles attraction sounds really high-tech! Can't wait to see if this one pans out, or not!:wave:
There is one coming to Tokyo that is a ride...though I'm pretty sure our Monsters Inc attraction will not be a clone of either of the other two attractions

dhlcla

I"m a little confused...how does Monsters Inc fit into Tomorrowland????:veryconfu : I know it's been mentioned before...but why aren't they putting this at the studios??? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me....and i thought the imagineers were so dedicated to the theming of the parks....??? If nothing else...it seems to me it would work better in Fantasyland...???

bgraham34

Its a shame that they are making the Monster Inc Dark Ride from Cali. I saw the ride video and i am not impressed one bit.

Captain Chaos

Might be a little dangerous having an arm lifting the vehicle off a track.. Imagine the bad press when the ride suddenly breaks down mid lift... I can see maybe a long arm appearing to pick up the vehicle and the feeling as if you are being lifted up, expecially if they do the ride similar to Spider Man in IOA... Although it sounds cool, I just can't see Disney doing something as potentially dangerous as lifting the vehicle off the track... Then again, they did build M:S.. :lol:

-SIR-

There is an "attraction" (doesnt specify ride or show) that has been announced for a 2009 debut in Tokyo that has to do with playing a game of hide and seek with the Monsters inc. characters. This is what I think we are getting. Its the perfect chance to use the "turtle talk" technology. This is my best guest guess as to what type of attraction we are getting. An interactive show where you have to try to find mike and sulley and they make you laugh to create energy in the process.

1disneydood

Back in the day, the Yeti was rumored to be a monster that picked up the car and/or tracks and would throw the riders backward. We see how that turned out huh? :lol: Can't wait to see what the Incredibles "B mode" will be like. :lookaroun

altec

It hurts my head:
Is it a RIDE or a SHOW?
And this arm thing, what ever. I can see the arm moving along a track and the car connected to the arm but not the car been lifted off a track, this would make test track computer problems look minor.

And why do people get upset about Monster in Tomorrowland, Stitch the movie is not set in the future, yes it has space stuff but they are form another planet not the future as is the same with Buzz, COP - old, Autopia what futuristic about a highway with jams! Monster would go in the studios but just was well in the new new tomorrowland.
Me thinks. x

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Monsters Inc in DCA is a ride

Monsters Inc in Tomorrowland, WDW will be a show

People are getting upset since it`s another nail in the coffin of the 1994 original, well planned (maybe not finished though) coherently themed New Tomorrowland. Stitch was one of the first nails in said coffin. Both topics have been discussed an awful lot. And then some.

Thelazer

There is no such ride that will remove the car from the track. The arm is mounted on a track, the vehicle is mounted to the arm and the whole thing travels together. That's it, plan and simple. It never once, separates.

Monster Inc is going to be a show, as we've already heard the details.

I don't think your imaganeer friend knows much of what he's talking about.

dxwwf3

marni1971 said:
People are getting upset since it`s another nail in the coffin of the 1994 original, well planned (maybe not finished though) coherently themed New Tomorrowland. Stitch was one of the first nails in said coffin. Both topics have been discussed an awful lot. And then some.

New Tomorrowland is dead. No more nails are needed in the coffin :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom