Inferno Barge Missing From Illuminations

jmills006

Original Poster
Does anyone know why the barge was missing from the show tonight (2/7)? Also I noticed that there were about 7 or 8 people from the technical crew on the Friendship boat dock. Is this normal or is it just something I've missed in the past?

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
The inferno barge is actually on refurb, but I talked to people that were there tonight and they said they watched a Friendship Boat go by too...

sillyspook13

Does anyone know why the barge was missing from the show tonight (2/7)? Also I noticed that there were about 7 or 8 people from the technical crew on the Friendship boat dock. Is this normal or is it just something I've missed in the past?

The Friendship dock serves as sort of a "tech booth" for the show.:)

bayoutinkbelle

Refurb is good. I was there for the show on Friday night, and it had a very hard time getting started. It was already well into the lagoon before the LEDs fired up.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The same thing happened to the Earth Barge in December. No video until a few seconds after it parked. I assume the pilot can manually reboot the PCs?

MythBuster

The same thing happened to the Earth Barge in December. No video until a few seconds after it parked. I assume the pilot can manually reboot the PCs?

Yes. They can manually reboot the video PC's. The only problem could be is that it uses a wireless system so sometimes it picks up some trash when it expecting timecode and hopefully it picks up at the right time in the show.

Polyman

The latest "Epcot Telecast", the CM's info pamphlet, says the Inferno Barge will be down for 6 months. :shrug::hammer:

Mr.EPCOT

I saw it two nights ago. I've seen it before without the inferno barge, but I'd forgotten how much I really like the lasers they use in the Chaos sequence while its gone. I wish they would keep that aspect of it when the inferno barge returns.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom