Rumor Indiana Jones to possibly reopen this holiday with changes

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Everyone saying how dated it is, I would think they took the dated film stuff out of the show... Which is really the only thing that make it feel so dated since it’s based on an adventure movie.

The actual stunt sections of the show live up to what it’s always been worth for, basically, forever. :)

ToTBellHop

Everyone saying how dated it is, I would think they took the dated film stuff out of the show... Which is really the only thing that make it feel so dated since it’s based on an adventure movie.

The actual stunt sections of the show live up to what it’s always been worth for, basically, forever. :)
I don’t find the rolling boulder, for example, dated at all. It is iconic. We want classic scenes in Galaxy’s Edge, where they went modern, and we want modern scenes (so…aliens?) in Indy where they’ve stayed classic?

I am thrilled that they’ve kept this as a Raiders show. Too often, they take these opportunities to modernize something and ruin it.

I‘ll watch Raiders any day over Crystal Skull.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I don’t find the rolling boulder, for example, dated at all. It is iconic. We want classic scenes in Galaxy’s Edge, where they went modern, and we want modern scenes (so…aliens?) in Indy where they’ve stayed classic?

I am thrilled that they’ve kept this as a Raiders show. Too often, they take these opportunities to modernize something and ruin it.

I‘ll watch Raiders any day over Crystal Skull.
And see, I love this show... but I've always hated the actual movies lol. (Same with Star Wars) So for any indication on what this show is worth, someone who doesn't like Indy can still really enjoy it.

I'm guessing they've replaced the old film explanations and whatnot with more talk regarding the stunts themselves and the cast intro and all.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

A modern stunt show would just be a bunch of CGI animators sitting behind there computers. ;)

Absimilliard

My impression of the show, spoiler alert.

the new introduction of the tumblers is nice, that's a positive change. On the other hand, as someone had reported: no more guns beyond the two prop machine guns in act 3. Also, what is up with the below Six Flags script in act 3? Actor get shot, he falls down, randomly get up, run, toss a prop and flee backstage??

Last edited:

brettf22

Premium Member
So, I’m assuming the gun removal is permanent. Any indication that the propeller stunt is gone for good as well? And was the removal of the masks and headwear from the bad guys in the market scene new?

999th Happy Haunt

While I’m sure the new show isn’t terrible, it hurts to see Disney essentially babyfy Indiana Jones, a property that appeals to an older audience. DHS always had the vibe of being the more mature WDW park, yet it seems like Disney has the intent of dumbing it down to a preschool level, a process being seen all across property.

Why was it deemed necessary to remove guns here, but it’s ok when guests are being shot at in every Star Wars attraction?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
So, I’m assuming the gun removal is permanent. Any indication that the propeller stunt is gone for good as well? And was the removal of the masks and headwear from the bad guys in the market scene new?

I just saw another live stream of the show and the propeller stunt was done as it was in the past. I assume in the video that was posted here that the trap door malfunctioned.

What guns were removed? The only one I noticed was that Indy no longer uses the gun to open the canopy of the plane

Disone

My impression of the show, spoiler alert.

the new introduction of the tumblers is nice, that's a positive change. On the other hand, as someone had reported: no more guns beyond the two prop machine guns in act 3. Also, what is up with the below Six Flags script in act 3? Actor get shot, he falls down, randomly get up, run, toss a prop and flee backstage??
I was hoping my source was wrong..... Sigh.

brettf22

Premium Member
I just saw another live stream of the show and the propeller stunt was done as it was in the past. I assume in the video that was posted here that the trap door malfunctioned.

What guns were removed? The only one I noticed was that Indy no longer uses the gun to open the canopy of the plane

“Indy shooting the guy with the big sword” was removed, since the big sword guy was removed. In fact, all the swords in the market scene have been removed and replaced with sticks.

And Indy no longer shoots the guy off the roof before the truck explodes at the end of the market scene.

mm52200

The fact that no one would have noticed these changes if not closely pointed out. The majority of guests will literally not notice or care, so if it can make it a more pleasurable viewing experience for other audience members, what’s the issue?
Things still blow up, people get punched, people still fall off buildings, it’s a fun, stunt filled show still.
Some of you need to get over yourselves.

ToTBellHop

The fact that no one would have noticed these changes if not closely pointed out. The majority of guests will literally not notice or care, so if it can make it a more pleasurable viewing experience for other audience members, what’s the issue?
Things still blow up, people get punched, people still fall off buildings, it’s a fun, stunt filled show still.
Agreed.

JMcMahonEsq

Your argument is that no one would have noticed these changes….except for the fact that people noticed these changes almost immediately after the show started back up again? How does that work?

It’s amazing to me the full of yourself argument that since a change doesn’t bother you, that if it bothers other people they should get over themselves. Evidence would seem to point that someone needs to get over themselves (hint it’s you)

mm52200

Your argument is that no one would have noticed these changes….except for the fact that people noticed these changes almost immediately after the show started back up again? How does that work?

It’s amazing to me the full of yourself argument that since a change doesn’t bother you, that if it bothers other people they should get over themselves. Evidence would seem to point that someone needs to get over themselves (hint it’s you)
Ask most of the audience exiting the show today if they noticed and could specifically tell you what was different about the show they saw today versus two years ago? Most would probably just say they missed the audience extras.
Sorry to have hit such a nerve with you. Thankfully there are still videos of the show from the past for you to enjoy 😊

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom