Rumor Indiana Jones to possibly reopen this holiday with changes

Movielover

Could it be they're using sound effect audio cues instead of actually firing from the prop guns in light of the recent Rust movie incident?
No matter how good the sound effects are there is a noticeable difference between live blanks and pre-recorded playback. Would need to hear what the gunshots sound like in order to tell. Hopefully they are still using blanks.

celluloid

They’ve been rehearsing the show during park hours for weeks. The sound of gunshots is still very noticeable. No idea why they’d have them in rehearsals if they were cutting them during the final show for guests.

There were always gun sound effects from the planes and others.

I doubt one could tell but the shot that is probably not happening, at least not in the same way is going to be the one where Indy is tired of fighting with the whip to sword wielding acrobats and shoots the big guy on the pile of rugs.

Movielover

There were always gun sound effects from the planes and others.

I doubt one could tell but the shot that is probably not happening, at least not in the same way is going to be the one where Indy is tired of fighting with the whip to sword wielding acrobats and shoots the big guy on the pile of rugs.
I mean they should still be fine with doing all of the gunshots. As long as there is no real ammunition on set, but no one's stupid enough to have real bullets on set are they... ;)

ToTBellHop

They’ve been rehearsing the show during park hours for weeks. The sound of gunshots is still very noticeable. No idea why they’d have them in rehearsals if they were cutting them during the final show for guests.
That’s what I’d heard but couldn’t confirm (not in the park), so thanks.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Soon the storm troopers on Rise of the Resistance will be wielding flashlights instead of blasters. Pew Pew
Shhhhhhh! That's part of the top-secret X-Files re-theming of the attraction now that Disney owns Fox!

1639622356428.png

:D

P.S. I'm totally down for an X-Files attraction. Just sayin'...

DCBaker

Premium Member
"The big rolling boulder is heading toward us again. “Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular” returns to the live-entertainment lineup at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on Sunday.

The production has been dark since March 2020, when Walt Disney World entered its pandemic-related shutdown. Its revival keeps the storyline, but new effects, dialogue and setup have been incorporated, says Tom Vazzana, show director.

“The temple scene is still intact, and then we tweaked the dialogue. We actually tightened it up a bit,” he says. “That set is massive and beautiful, and we arranged the dialogue so that we could move more swiftly through the scenes and get to the stunts and show off our performers.”

The show demonstrates the secrets behind stunts and action sequences — including outrunning a boulder — inspired by “Raiders of the Lost Ark.” It debuted at the theme park in 1989.

Some elements have been updated, Vazzana says.

“When we describe about how we make — not even on film — but how can we capture and record. We relate it, so that the kids in the audience could understand it, on their iPhone,” he says.

Stunts have been tweaked, too, he says.

“There’s this peekaboo that happens with Indy and Marion coming through the clothes rack and we decided let’s focus on this fun part of this stunt,” he says. “A kerfuffle happens that was never there before.”

And there are changes to the fight scene that feature an on-set airplane.

“We tried to make this a little more energetic,” Vazzana says. “We also integrated all the stunt performers coming into the scene and running away from it in a really eclectic way. That was never there before.”

Cast member Andrea Miceli was in the “Indiana Jones” show before pandemic and is returning as a stunt performer and in the role of Marion.

“It’s a very unique show,” she says. “Once we started getting back into the show elements, it was it was like riding a bike and it was great. We definitely wanted to focus on the safety of everything as well, bringing it back right.”

The performers took their time learning the moves from professional trainers, she says.

“We walk through everything first before we go full speed,” she says.

The show’s set, located near the theme park’s Echo Lake, and its machinery also were evaluated during the hiatus.

“We refreshed every facade,” Vazzana says. “We have we have revitalized every vehicle on the show. Every set piece has been repainted. The marketplace has been repainted, the fabrics have been repainted and we replaced all of the lighting and soundboard.”

Audience members will hear new sound effects.

“We’ve actually changed that up a bit, too, so that our punches are more authentic,” Vazzana says.

The return of “Indiana Jones” is part of a phased comeback of live entertainment at Disney World parks. A modified version of “Festival of the Lion King” debuted at Disney’s Animal Kingdom in May, and “Beauty and the Beast — Live on Stage” ramped up again at Hollywood Studios in August. “Fantasmic,” a nighttime spectacular with live performers, is returning to Hollywood Studios in 2022, as is the Festival of Fantasy parade at Magic Kingdom, Disney says.

“I wouldn’t say this is a total refresh,” Vazzana says of the “new” Indy show. “But I would say that every line, every scene, every lighting element, has been looked at with a fresh and caring eye.”

The stunt show will be performed multiple times daily. During its first week back, the productions start at noon. Full schedules are available at Disneyworld.com."

TikibirdLand

No one should be lamenting the (presumed) loss of audience participation, which always felt forced and not very funny.
Sorry. I gotta disagree. We always enjoyed the audience interaction in this show, and others. I'm a bit biased in that I got picked about a decade ago. Kids were crazy campaigning to get me picked and enjoyed every second of the questions they'd ask me. The two oldest are in college now. But, they ask about when they're going back. My answer: not any time soon. Sad answer to have to deliver.

Goofy213

If we can't do a Marvel stunt show because of the rights, and Star Wars is too over saturated, then what about a Cirque du Soliel style Greatest Showman show? I like Indy, but agree with no change in the show for the past 30 years it's getting stale.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom