Rumor Indiana Jones to possibly reopen this holiday with changes

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
Happy that it's coming back. A bit concerned about the "modifications". That's NEVER good. A few years ago, I got picked as an extra. Loved seeing all the stunts up close. And, IIRC, got fast passes for my family. That was just icing on the cake! As a family, we've always been drawn to the live performances such BatB, Indy, Citizens of Hollywood. Even the Great Movie Ride and backstage tour (when they had live narrated). We've got 2 back -- almost. Wish the others could return too.
I was an extra as well. My son was also selected to “drive the stunt car” at Lights, Motor, Action, back in the day. For those who have grown up going to the parks, those unique experiences stand out . I still would like to get selected to be in a parade sometime. We didn’t get any Fastpasses by the way.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Showtimes have been added -

Screen Shot 2021-11-23 at 1.42.20 PM.png

celluloid

No audience participation which not only cuts a cost down but also gets rid of the wardrobe. No more ladies and gentlemen and some other random cost, probably the flipping truck. Less "working crew" appearance.

Anything else?

Movielover

No audience participation which not only cuts a cost down but also gets rid of the wardrobe. No more ladies and gentlemen and some other random cost, probably the flipping truck. Less "working crew" appearance.

Anything else?
Not much saved on wardrobe from the audience participation, it's not like they were making new costumes from scratch each show.

Don't know how they can get rid of the flipping truck since its a physical set piece mounted into the building and is a key moment in the action.

The "working crew" are the other stunt actors that are just not in the hero roles for the current show and serve as understudies. Not sure how you could cut them without just cutting performances since there are rules of how many the actors can perform a day.

celluloid

Not much saved on wardrobe from the audience participation, it's not like they were making new costumes from scratch each show.

Don't know how they can get rid of the flipping truck since its a physical set piece mounted into the building and is a key moment in the action.

The "working crew" are the other stunt actors that are just not in the hero roles for the current show and serve as understudies. Not sure how you could cut them without just cutting performances since there are rules of how many the actors can perform a day.

I meant the crew that helps get them ready on the participants, and washes them. All of that is washed between each show. It is not a fortune, but saving is saving.

The show has gone on without the truck flip before, why would that stop Disney? Not saying it will be cut, but maintenance is rough on it.

pdude81

I meant the crew that helps get them ready on the participants, and washes them. All of that is washed between each show. It is not a fortune, but saving is saving.

The show has gone on without the truck flip before, why would that stop Disney? Not saying it will be cut, but maintenance is rough on it.
I don't see why they would change much of the show other than the audience participation part, as they don't want to be in the business of screening the volunteers for covid before lining them up in the market scene. They would need to either alter or eliminate the plant (Hawaiin shirt guy) as they can't pretend he's an audience member. The fight "timing" demonstration could still be done but would need a different premise.

I don't see this making a big difference on the cost of the show or timing, but I wonder what they'll do to engage the audience while the arena fills up. Also I wonder if they'll just try to keep it the same and bring in case "volunteers" instead of ones from the audience. That would increase the cost so I'm going to guess that's not the direction they would take. I'm definitely excited this is coming back though. Can't wait to check it out next month

gerarar

Premium Member
Are they still doing the holiday tag/ending with the Frozen show, because just getting to see/hear “When We’re Together” makes the viewing very much worth it imo.

Disone

Curious on what exactly 'modified' means. And can any of our reliable people back this up?
Here is what I have heard.

Gender inclusive script, no ladies and gentlemen.

The interactive audience Parts have been taken out. No extras.

The staged audience member with allowed to rip the shirt has also been taken out of the show.

No gunshots.

Just rumors I'm hearing from friends who have friends in the show kind of thing. So take it all with a grain of salt.

SoFloMagic

The staged audience member with allowed to rip the shirt has also been taken out of the show.

No gunshots.

Just rumors I'm hearing from friends who have friends in the show kind of thing. So take it all with a grain of salt.
Oh my. So when they try to take the plane the soldiers will just let them go? Maybe they'll just cut all those guys.

PirateFrank

No gunshots.

no gunshots?
good lord, this company needs to really stop.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom