Rumor Indiana Jones to possibly reopen this holiday with changes

CaptinEO

I’ve seen commentary across a variety of forums after yesterday’s return of the show regarding the removal of the handgun. Here is my take.

This move is more then likely due to a focus on safety - you know with Safety being the first key and all. Why?

The handgun previously used appeared to have fired blanks. With the recent on-set incident in Hollywood (taping of “Rust”) , to me, only makes the most logical move for the scenes using this prop to be re-worked. My theory is further supported by the show keeping scenes that included the use of the firearms and effects that are achieved by using compressed air.

I don’t believe this decision was for any other reason than on-set safety for cast and crew.
I commend those involved in making this decision for the sake of safety and making sure what recently happened in Hollywood never has the opportunity to happen during this show.
As for the handguns. I think if safety was the main concern they could have made prop guns with an orange light that glows when the trigger is pulled and sound effects that play. (No actual working guns).

They use this well in Pirates of the Caribbean.

Seems they just wanted to take more guns out of the show for whatever reason:

CaptinEO

You mean it wouldn’t fit-in here? 😕 Lol.
All By Myself Loner GIF by TLC

I don’t disagree that there could’ve been other ways to achieve the existing scene and intended effect. However, there could’ve been other constraints that came into play that prevented that from occurring (time, efficiency/budgets, etc.) and in the end we got the re-work as we saw yesterday.

With that being said, I also don’t feel that an illuminated barrel, like the effect seen on PotC, would serve as an effective execution of the intended effect in a setting such as Indy.

I still feel the main driver behind the removal of the handgun is safety given the recent incident on the set of “Rust” and I think we will see more and more of a transition away from using firearms that fire blanks in the entertainment industry as future productions are designed and produced.
I will have to disagree with this. Even using a prop gun with no lights and synchronized sound would be great.

Joel

"Most people won't care, so you shouldn't either," is always the lamest defense that always crops up when something is removed. If this was done for safety (perceived or otherwise) then fine. At least that's an actual reason. But what do people think the parks would look like if they removed everything the average guest wouldn't notice? I'm guessing there are an awful lot of things that fit into that category that would be sorely missed by people who make this kind of argument.

The giant beef sticks of pain are really dumb. Glad the show is finally back, though.

mergatroid

The handgun previously used appeared to have fired blanks. With the recent on-set incident in New Mexico (taping of “Rust”) , to me, only makes the most logical move for the scenes using this prop to be re-worked. My theory is further supported by the show keeping scenes that included the use of the firearms and effects that are achieved by using compressed air.

I don’t believe this decision was for any other reason than on-set safety for cast and crew.
I commend those involved in making this decision for the sake of safety and making sure what recently happened in New Mexico never has the opportunity to happen during this show.
100% this imho

celluloid

There were always gun sound effects from the planes and others.

I doubt one could tell but the shot that is probably not happening, at least not in the same way is going to be the one where Indy is tired of fighting with the whip to sword wielding acrobats and shoots the big guy on the pile of rugs.

It is sad how predictable Disney has become.

And the sword fighting change to staffs is really odd. Particularly after all the PR about these changes being back to the action of the films...which that scene was a direct take on and now is just...well odd.

Goofnut1980

I saw a TikTok today... Indy was packed, elbow to elbow in the seats and masks were not required???? yet its indoors. We have to wear one on TTA, why not this?

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I saw a TikTok today... Indy was packed, elbow to elbow in the seats and masks were not required???? yet its indoors. We have to wear one on TTA, why not this?

There is an overhead cover but no exterior walls for the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular. TTA goes inside several enclosed spaces such as Space Mountain, Buzz tunnel, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom