Indiana Jones to close this month?

heath.sneyd

No, because you don't have a proven track record here, Bolt does. When you are here for a while you will learn who has a good track record.
I've got a track record of being a rebel, using logic, and a little common sense.

And for being a smart-alack
I'm 100% certain that there are people who know what is going on.
It's also a scientific fact that 74% of statistics are made up.
He said one word "false" and you are able to deduce that he was being rude. The information was wrong and he was letting everyone know that.
True
So it's not rude if it's true? Oh hon.
False?
Frue?
TRALSE!
Well didn't mean for this to turn into an argumentive board but thanks for clearing up the rumors everybody! That's why I love WDWMagic!
TRUE!

Anywho, back on topic. I'm glad to see that it's not going down in a big ball of flames... I was looking forward to seeing it for the first time, so if it could at least hold off until March, I'd be happy.

Matt in the Hatt

when I was at port Orleans riverside in September the lady at the front desk said the show was ending "at the end of the season" I am not sure what she meant by season but I am sure its passed. whenever the show is closed I will be bummed. its a fun show and based on a great film franchise.

FutureCEO

The main gate people at Epcot told me Horizons and World of Motion was coming back. :p

But in all seriousness, I see Indy closing someday. The show has been there forever.

flyerjab

I had heard that both the Indy Stunt Show and the Great Movie Ride have private events already booked for the next several years. I heard @lentesta report on his podcast as an example that there are 150 private events scheduled out over the next 3 years for the GMR and that the Indy Stunt Show was in a similar situation.

draybook

feels_zps09780216.jpg

Goofyernmost

It's sad that the rumor is wrong. Actually I can't wait to see it go. I never liked it anyway and would have always preferred to get the Indiana Jones Adventure dark ride instead.
I would have preferred to be born enormously wealthy, but, I wasn't so I try to enjoy what I was born with. It ain't much but it's better then sitting here wishing things were different.
what i don't understand is why are they closing half the park for one themed land. hollywood studios is so small and empty so if anything they should be expanding the park instead of replacing it.
Expand in what direction? All that is really available is UP! If we want something worth seeing, something else has to bite the dust.
Anywho, back on topic. I'm glad to see that it's not going down in a big ball of flames... I was looking forward to seeing it for the first time, so if it could at least hold off until March, I'd be happy.
This is a statement that everyone should pay attention too. Those of us that have made a habit of going to WDW tend to think that something is old mostly because we have seen it numerous times. Yet, there are still millions that have never seen it and for them it's a brand new show.

flynnibus

Premium Member
So I just left my Traditions class this morning (class about being cast member and the guidelines) and our instructor told us that she heard that Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Show Spectacular will be permanently closing towards the end of this month. This makes sense with the recent rumors of a Star Wars Expansion. Of course this could just be rumors but it coming from a reliable cast member, I find it Definitely possible.

Here a small tip for you. Disney has a strong policy against disclosing company information. As someone who is brand new to the job... You might consider how you respect that vs risking that brand new role

Goofyernmost

Earn the credibility and yes. No credibility? No... Not a difficult concept
If one knows someone and their reputation what you are saying is true. What everyone needs to understand, particularly the insiders, is that when they post on the boards everyone is seeing it, not just those that are familiar with their reputations or name. This is supposed to be a public discussion board, not a good old boys, chat room. The first impression that these people have of certain posters, will stay with them for a long time. So if one wants to have their opinions and knowledge respected, know your audience and communicate properly. Contrary to our own opinion almost none of us that spend inordinate amounts of time on discussion boards are "cool kids".

Bolt

I had heard that both the Indy Stunt Show and the Great Movie Ride have private events already booked for the next several years. I heard @lentesta report on his podcast as an example that there are 150 private events scheduled out over the next 3 years for the GMR and that the Indy Stunt Show was in a similar situation.
GMR events are actually very rare. However, Indy is a go to venue for years for cheerleading but I think the three year part out is more of a placeholder in general since kids have to fundraise for a few years for these competitions. I also imagined them relocating to ESPN Wide World of Sports if parts of the park had to go down for construction.

Mr Bill

I heard Harrison Ford went into a restaurant and ate everything in the restaurant and they had to close the restaurant.

Now they have to hire a new stunt double and the casting call is on the internet so that's proof it isn't closing.

yedliW

Even though it's been all but confirmed more Star Wars is coming to both resorts in the US ... ok pal...

'All but confirming'
that more Star Wars is coming does not exclude the options to add (or in this case, just keep..) something from the Indiana Jones franchise.. but dynamite drop in pal.

SirLink

'All but confirming' that more Star Wars is coming does not exclude the options to add (or in this case, just keep..) something from the Indiana Jones franchise.. but dynamite drop in pal.

All but confirming two star wars lands ...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom