Indiana Jones stunt show update?

How serious can we take this that the Indy show will definitely get an update and will reopen around WDW’s 50th Anniversary and trash the idea of bringing a Indiana jones land to wither DHS or DAK?

I’m asking since it looks that this is confirmed that the Indy show will be updated come wdw next anniversary that will probably mean their will be no larger Indiana Jones presence at any of the Walt Disney world parks. And the updated show since it is getting an overhaul will stick around for like 2 more decades with no Indy land at all?

GlacierGlacier

It looks that this confirms that the Indy show will be updated by the next wdw anniversary. This also will probably mean there will be no larger Indiana Jones presence at any of the Walt Disney world parks. As for the updated show - since it is getting an overhaul, will it stick around for about two more decades without an Indy land?
I took some liberties with a red pen and fixed your grammar, spelling, sentence structure, etc.

As for the content:
There doesn't appear to be any concrete confirmation that the Indy show is being updated by the next WDW anniversary. And even if it is updated, that doesn't spare it from destruction, restructuring, or any other modification for any length of time. They'd probably want to keep it the same state for as long as possible after spending a sum updating it, but nothing is guaranteed in theme parks - even in Disney ones.

Surferboy567

I get that Jim Hill isn’t the most credible source but he has said that the Indy show revamp at HWS is basically a done deal this came from the newest Looking at Lucasfilm released today.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Friday, May 31, 2019. A long construction wall has appeared along the Indiana Jones attraction along the pathway to the Backlot Express and Star Tours. A reliable source said there will be a new outdoor bar installed here. At times there has been a temporary kiosk bar positioned here.

IMG_1369.JPG

IMG_1368.JPG

The same area as viewed from inside the Indiana Jones queue.

IMG_1370.JPG

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Photo update as of Friday, May 31, 2019. A long construction wall has appeared along the Indiana Jones attraction along the pathway to the Backlot Express and Star Tours. A reliable source said there will be a new outdoor bar installed here. At times there has been a temporary kiosk bar positioned here.

View attachment 378215

View attachment 378216

The same area as viewed from inside the Indiana Jones queue.

View attachment 378217

Ah good, a place to grab something nearby to drink while in the SWL queue.

Bleed0range

The Indiana Jones show was always a favorite of mine, but the last time I saw it I really felt like it was time to go or make changes. The show now feels old. The sound system in particular sounded pretty bad. The behind the scenes thing doesn’t fit the current park.

When I think of how old this thing is (I’m 34), I think back to when I was six years old with an Alf birthday party and on that day someone was doing this show. I think when I was 10 and lost a tooth on vacation that someone was doing this show that day. When I was getting my first car. My first kiss. Got married. The day my daughter was born. This show is OLD. And unlike an attraction I think a show can’t possibly continue to be all that interesting for that long while taking up that much real estate.

The show needs to be state of the art and probably reflect the new movies. In place of the show I wouldn’t mind a new attraction.

But if the show continues, they could use some fancy effects like the Beauty and the Beast show used on my Disney cruise. Screen effects for the Ark being opened and ghosts flying around. Maybe the set piece in Area 51 from KOTCS. It definitely could be better.

rle4lunch

The Indiana Jones show was always a favorite of mine, but the last time I saw it I really felt like it was time to go or make changes. The show now feels old. The sound system in particular sounded pretty bad. The behind the scenes thing doesn’t fit the current park.

When I think of how old this thing is (I’m 34), I think back to when I was six years old with an Alf birthday party and on that day someone was doing this show. I think when I was 10 and lost a tooth on vacation that someone was doing this show that day. When I was getting my first car. My first kiss. Got married. The day my daughter was born. This show is OLD. And unlike an attraction I think a show can’t possibly continue to be all that interesting for that long while taking up that much real estate.

The show needs to be state of the art and probably reflect the new movies. In place of the show I wouldn’t mind a new attraction.

But if the show continues, they could use some fancy effects like the Beauty and the Beast show used on my Disney cruise. Screen effects for the Ark being opened and ghosts flying around. Maybe the set piece in Area 51 from KOTCS. It definitely could be better.

Let's just hope they get rid of the "inside the movie magic" and just tell a story. That is, if they don't level it for something better than a "stunt show".

This is one of the most glaring examples of Disney sucking the nostalgia teat for as long as possible. It's kinda disgusting.

Last edited:

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
The Indiana Jones Stunt Show could definitely be updates and re-designed. Bulldoze the sets and rebuild them to switch scenes faster. We definitely have the technology to do that now. Replace the movie making middle segment with another scene. A transition scene. Heck, put the sets on a giant turntable.

Like. It’s possible.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Keep the opening temple scene but replace the market fight and plane sequence with other scenes from Temple of Doom and Last Crusade. The movie making stuff can stay as it fills in the gaps.
The movie making stuff doesn't have to stay, though. They just need to massively upgrade the scene change technology. It is perfectly doable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom