Indiana Jones Land?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I definitely enjoyed dial of destiny was it perfect? No, but it was an enjoyable ride and definitely better than crystal skull. Which admittedly I don’t hate as much as everyone else does but acknowledge it’s far from a “good” movie.
You need to tell about 30,000,000 of your closest friends to go watch it so it has a remote shot of covering its budget 👍🏻

Bocabear

Whether people like the new Indy movie or not, DHS park goers would LOVE an engaging, beautifully designed Indy land with a few new attractions... That is the fact. Make some great merch and sell it in the gift shops there... A beautifully themed restaurant in the temple ruins... As long as it is beautiful and immersive, people will come, people will love it....regardless of if the movie tie in is a hit or not... as a matter of fact, the attraction could bolster the movie's popularity...
Splash Mountain's extreme popularity in the parks is because it is a great attraction...not because the film was relevant...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Whether people like the new Indy movie or not, DHS park goers would LOVE an engaging, beautifully designed Indy land with a few new attractions... That is the fact. Make some great merch and sell it in the gift shops there... A beautifully themed restaurant in the temple ruins... As long as it is beautiful and immersive, people will come, people will love it....regardless of if the movie tie in is a hit or not... as a matter of fact, the attraction could bolster the movie's popularity...
Splash Mountain's extreme popularity in the parks is because it is a great attraction...not because the film was relevant...
That’s the people going anyway

They’re not enough outside interest to drive revenue streams…which means it’s construction cost and permanent operational costs for no new money.

How that gonna go over in the Dopey Boardroom?

GimpYancIent

One thought could be to utilize the underutilized and ignored river at Animal kingdom for an Indiana Jones adventure river ride.
If guests steadily queue up to ride it, hey! maybe a land could be a good idea.

Bocabear

That’s the people going anyway

They’re not enough outside interest to drive revenue streams…which means it’s construction cost and permanent operational costs for no new money.

How that gonna go over in the Dopey Boardroom?
There are upticks in attendance when there are new things... IndyLand or a SEA land featuring Indiana Jones would be a big hit...it would attract people... And Indy and SEA are IP that appeals to both boys and girls and adults of all ages VS Toy Story or another Princess based franchise.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
One thought could be to utilize the underutilized and ignored river at Animal kingdom for an Indiana Jones adventure river ride.
Yeah…6 months ago people were proposing redoing dinoland with 4 great new Indy rides…

…then the movie bombed…amongst others…and attendance hit the wall on 4/15…and the stock is below chapek level and falling…and we don’t have world peace yet…

…and “stuff”

Bocabear

then again for some reason, everyone is screaming that INDY does not fit Animal Kingdom... (I believe it would look perfect in that adventurous jungle setting)... It would feel natural...especially if they created a sort of animal component for the land it sits in...
Or flesh it out for DHS where it could also work within the classic Hollywood Movies framework...

BlakeW39

everyone is screaming that INDY does not fit Animal Kingdom... (I believe it would look perfect in that adventurous jungle setting)... It would feel natural...especially if they created a sort of animal component for the land it sits in...

oh it doesn't... just because it has a jungle doesn't mean it fits in DAK..

however, as far as IPs go, it could be worse. really the issue here is that there are very few IPs in general that fit in DAK and EPCOT very well. So if WDC insists on using only IPs in those parks, you're gonna have a lot of stuff that doesn't fit very well, like Indy.

BlakeW39

people will like an engaging and high quality land based on anything. Indy included. But that doesn't change the fact that Indy as an IP is likely unappealing to Disney right now. With the newest installment flopping, the franchise not producing anything of merit for decades and its cultural relevance gradually decreasing... the potential for an Indy land at WDW seems low. TWDC is looking for something a little more 'hip' and 'now.'

Eric M Blake

As was brought up before, they went all in with Pandora before Avatar 2 was even CLOSE to production.

Whatever the issues with Indy 5, Indy is still a deeply beloved character. So stuff set during his prime (as opposed to the late setting of the movie necessitated by, y'know, Harrison Ford's age) would be very well received, I think.

Phicinfan

Like what exactly? Marvel is out for WDW, Star wars is being done to death, Toy Story Land has also been played out as far as theme park use at WDW...Jungle Cruise didn't hit their mark, Elemental came and went, Clearly Indy did not do as expected...So what is new and hip?...I mean, aside from Olivia Rodrigo...lol
I agree that if you did a real and built out Indy land - encompassing all the movies and not ignoring the past - it would be popular. Who wouldn't like to ride a mine train to save some idols, or fly in a blimp chased by Nazi's in a soarin type ride, or Fly a plane into a time changing cloud bank, just the whole thing could be done oh so well, a dark ride searching for the Grail or Ark would be awesome. But to your point if you don't bank on a popular IP, it better be well formed out.

As for other Disney IPs - you yourself bemoan Moana - but it is the high IP for Princesses just now. More Frozen? Isn't two attractions enough? Zootopia? - well that is getting forced into a park it doesn't belong in.

Personally would love to see some Baymax or more Incredibles(a real ride not a decorated roller coaster),

Bocabear

I would agree with Baymax and Incredibles...and they are currently doing some renovation to the Pacific Wharf section of DCA to make it SanFranSokyo...so clearly they will be using Baymax for something. I think Baymax should have hosted a rejuvenated Wonders Of Life Pavilion with several attractions inside.
Incredibles has a great mid-mod aesthetic that would make for a really fun attraction and area... Sadly the only thing they have done with it was the coaster overlay...It could be a lot of fun and fit seamlessly in Tomorrowland or DHS.

aladdin2007

people will like an engaging and high quality land based on anything. Indy included. But that doesn't change the fact that Indy as an IP is likely unappealing to Disney right now. With the newest installment flopping, the franchise not producing anything of merit for decades and its cultural relevance gradually decreasing... the potential for an Indy land at WDW seems low. TWDC is looking for something a little more 'hip' and 'now.'
I think this is part of Disney's problem, going the hip route fails. Its in the moment, and does not have longevity like haunted mansion or small world etc etc. Something original that really made people go oo and ah those are the attractions that have lasted all these years, and now for some reason they think the only route is to lodge and cram a character in the middle of a park or somewhere else where it doesn't belong, because of politics being one issue. This has been their problem for far too long now. but that's just me I guess. Sticking moana smack dab in the middle of epcot is being hip and forced for many reasons, when in fact whats going in epcot would have blended in so much better in ak. thats just a tiny possible example. I was really impressed with the company's new 100 commercial over the 4th, as if they are really trying to correct some things and or trying to get some fans back. Maybe they are starting to wake up but probably not enough. The parks just need new management all around.

BlakeW39

Like what exactly? Marvel is out for WDW, Star wars is being done to death, Toy Story Land has also been played out as far as theme park use at WDW...Jungle Cruise didn't hit their mark, Elemental came and went, Clearly Indy did not do as expected...So what is new and hip?...I mean, aside from Olivia Rodrigo...lol

well therein lies the problem. TWDC doesn't have a whole lot of a relevant pop-IP left for major park expansions. But I don't think they'll base any new lands on a legacy franchise. SW:GE provides evidence for this

I think this is part of Disney's problem, going the hip route fails. Its in the moment, and does not have longevity like haunted mansion or small world etc etc. Something original that really made people go oo and ah those are the attractions that have lasted all these years, and now for some reason they think the only route is to lodge and cram a character in the middle of a park or somewhere else where it doesn't belong, because of politics being one issue. This has been their problem for far too long now. but that's just me I guess. Sticking moana smack dab in the middle of epcot is being hip and forced for many reasons, when in fact whats going in epcot would have blended in so much better in ak. thats just a tiny possible example. I was really impressed with the company's new 100 commercial over the 4th, as if they are really trying to correct some things and or trying to get some fans back. Maybe they are starting to wake up but probably not enough. The parks just need new management all around.

I agree. I don't think Disney should just stick to hyper-relevant, pop-IP, BUT I do think that is the agenda right now and Indy doesn't fit that bill.

Disnutz311

Disney World Purist
What if the land were firmly based as a SEA outpost...add Indiana Jones to the SEA clan... along with Henry Mystic...Create a new land with both an Indy ride maybe more like the Temple Du Peril at Disneyland Paris/ Raging Spirits, but have it mostly indoors for a more cinematic immersive experience... then Mystic Manor... add a few additional food and retail opportunities and a walk through immersive ancient temple adventure trail to explore...Like the Indy attraction was going to have in it's development... Maybe the Raging Rapids from Shanghai Disneyland? Maybe add some classic film adventurers...Captain Nemo? It would definitely be the DHS Adventureland... and like Islands Of Adventure, it could be so much more immersive in it's design than the original Adventureland is, starting from absolute scratch.
You throw in an Adventurer's Club and I would actually invest money into the land. Great ideas here!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom