Indiana Jones Land?

denyuntilcaught

Not only that, but either there was a fog effect that wasn't working, or the thing was designed with an "open concept," so as soon as your vehicle entered the temple from the introductory "hall," you could see the whole attraction laid out before you in full view, with all the other vehicles along the track, the bridge, the snake, etc. It was one big, giant spoiler.
100% agree with you on being disappointed about the quality of the ride's effects, but I disagree on the note about the open concept bit. IMO, the design of that reveal, from the turn into the cavern, the sheer scale, the cued music, the perfectly synced Jeep ahead of you traversing the bridge, is one of the most awe-inspiring moments in Imagineering history. I've ridden the attraction more times than I can count (having been a past Indy CM myself) and still have a really hard time wrapping my head around how this whole thing is in a warehouse in what used to be the Eeyore Lot.

Immersion and escapism at its peak.

doctornick

100% agree with you on being disappointed about the quality of the ride's effects, but I disagree on the note about the open concept bit. IMO, the design of that reveal, from the turn into the cavern, the sheer scale, the cued music, the perfectly synced Jeep ahead of you traversing the bridge, is one of the most awe-inspiring moments in Imagineering history. I've ridden the attraction more times than I can count (having been a past Indy CM myself) and still have a really hard time wrapping my head around how this whole thing is in a warehouse in what used to be the Eeyore Lot.

Does Japan’s version have the same reveal?

cjkeating

MO, the design of that reveal, from the turn into the cavern, the sheer scale, the cued music, the perfectly synced Jeep ahead of you traversing the bridge, is one of the most awe-inspiring moments in Imagineering history.
I have to admit I didn't like the room either. I just felt disappointed I knew what was coming, I prefer the element of surprise? Especially on a dark ride I don't want to know what's coming. It's also quite likely not all effects were working but I can't remember as it was some years ago.

Phicinfan

It’s a stupid idea in many ways…so don’t trust it’s happening
its the same ride system, only redo inside to remake. Yes cost will be high, but cheaper than a full regut for some kind of trackless system for Zootopia - just my opinion. But yeah, I will believe it when I see a closing date.
But that would be an expansion…and why would they do that?
Honestly, I would prefer they just fill all the open slots currently in DHS rather than some kind of limited ,cheapened expansion.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
its the same ride system, only redo inside to remake. Yes cost will be high, but cheaper than a full regut for some kind of trackless system for Zootopia - just my opinion. But yeah, I will believe it when I see a closing date.

Honestly, I would prefer they just fill all the open slots currently in DHS rather than some kind of limited ,cheapened expansion.
You know what to trust, baby…

ames-shovels-2916100-e1_600.jpg

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"

It's utterly brilliant. I know some former Imagineers that worked on Disneyland's version and they're very happy to see it finally coming to Orlando.

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
Yes. Some of the specific special effects in the scene are different (tornado instead of fire, etc.), but the grand reveal with the precision timing of the other vehicle on the bridge is the same.
Unfortunately, they completely reprogrammed the vehicle movements and the timing with the music isn't nearly as well put together, however.

The big reveal is actually very strange since unlike Disneyland's where the vehicle raises up at an angle and "tumbles" down in perfect sync with the music, Tokyo's does so in a different way not timed with the music.

All in all it's in many ways a better-themed ride, but with poorer execution throughout, so my ONLY fear with this ride is if the vehicle programming/timing is more akin to Tokyo's rather than Disneyland's.

rle4lunch

Let's hope that they completely remove and/or retheme the Indy Stunt Show. It could serve well as an Avengers live action Stunt Show or something in that vein.

And yes, I know about the Universal rights thing to various marvel characters.

rle4lunch

I said what I said! Lol

The infrastructure of all the Pyro laid over there would probably be a nightmare in costs to remove, so it'd be so much easier to repurpose it to something else.

Or just bite the bullet and extend Galaxys Edge all the way to star tours and put a SW live show in there..

69w0zbjo45271.jpg

Robbiem

Unfortunately, they completely reprogrammed the vehicle movements and the timing with the music isn't nearly as well put together, however.

The big reveal is actually very strange since unlike Disneyland's where the vehicle raises up at an angle and "tumbles" down in perfect sync with the music, Tokyo's does so in a different way not timed with the music.

All in all it's in many ways a better-themed ride, but with poorer execution throughout, so my ONLY fear with this ride is if the vehicle programming/timing is more akin to Tokyo's rather than Disneyland's.

Tokyo also has a better facade IMO with the Mayan pyramid and the huge first queue room with my all time favourite hidden mickey

The quality of the theming is better in some places like carvings in the dart room vs painted flats in Disneyland

Attachments

• 07A11A25-710F-4B63-B3C9-F28391F0725C-3863-0000014DCA604C27.jpeg
    07A11A25-710F-4B63-B3C9-F28391F0725C-3863-0000014DCA604C27.jpeg
    157 KB · Views: 56

BasiltheBatLord

Tokyo also has a better facade IMO with the Mayan pyramid and the huge first queue room with my all time favourite hidden mickey

The quality of the theming is better in some places like carvings in the dart room vs painted flats in Disneyland
That big room with all the skeletons at the bottom is one of the most morbid scenes in a Disney attraction. Something that would probably never fly today.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom