Indiana Jones Land?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Okay River Country I get is closed - and that wasn't due to popularity I believe.

What was the other one closed? As Typhoon lagoon is still open and the other is on refurb I thought
It’s may and they’re running 1 park…by choice.

It’s not a “rehab”…it was closed for a year and a half prior.

They’re gonna try to keep one closed…watch it play

Phicinfan

It’s may and they’re running 1 park…by choice.

It’s not a “rehab”…it was closed for a year and a half prior.

They’re gonna try to keep one closed…watch it play
Revisionist history is an amazing tool for you.

Perhaps the fact that temperatures recently have been very low and not favorable to water parks especially two is one issue?
Last I checked they aren't closing either for good anytime soon. Perhaps you should watch it play

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Revisionist history is an amazing tool for you.

Perhaps the fact that temperatures recently have been very low and not favorable to water parks especially two is one issue?
Last I checked they aren't closing either for good anytime soon. Perhaps you should watch it play
Dude…they’re playing labor/overhead games

You can just use your common sense without depending on verification from someone in a nametag at a podium.

Their booking are down bigtime as well…

Coincidence they’re not staffing half filled water parks where you can have fun for your dollar?

…convenient, huh?

Phicinfan

Dude…they’re playing labor/overhead games

You can just use your common sense without depending on verification from someone in a nametag at a podium.

Their booking are down bigtime as well…

Coincidence they’re not staffing half filled water parks where you can have fun for your dollar?

…convenient, huh?
:rolleyes: I think you are trying way too hard to read the entrails here dude. Step away, the smoke is getting to you

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
:rolleyes: I think you are trying way too hard to read the entrails here dude. Step away, the smoke is getting to you
That…or I have a history working at wdw hq that was the intersection of operations/promotion/strategy/etc.
😎

There really is no reason for blizzard to be down than to cut costs. A lot of it was just rebuilt last year.

They can claim “labor”…but the world has moved on and their competitors aren’t using the Covid excuse anymore. So they can’t.

Remember that nearly all ops decisions are to test customer resolve and see where more money can be saved/made.

Why do you question that here?

ppete1975

DAK is the hottest park so I definitely agree that it would benefit from a water ride. One that is worth riding of course, so not Kali lol.
kali could be great is the sad part,
should it be longer..yes...
should it have more movement (drops spins etc) yes.
but the easy fix here is to fix the oversight. Theme it better, its boring but make it a chip and dale rescue rangers adventure with plenty of things to see, or some new characters, you could still do something that was planet or conservation based.
But close it and actually make a good story with tons of disney theming. Instead it feels like something from six flags.
This is the perfect ride for a cheap overlay that would get you tons of advertising as something new.

SpectreJordan

but the easy fix here is to fix the oversight. Theme it better, its boring but make it a chip and dale rescue rangers adventure with plenty of things to see, or some new characters, you could still do something that was planet or conservation based.
But close it and actually make a good story with tons of disney theming. Instead it feels like something from six flags.
This is the perfect ride for a cheap overlay that would get you tons of advertising as something new.
The theming is pretty good on Kali. The issue is that it's too short & it's not thrilling at all.

J4546

Id say bring in Jungle Book characters to narrate something educational about the Kali River while you go up the 2 minute long lift hill, and have them pop in to narrate your "adventure" as well. Def extend the ride and give it indoor show scenes. Dont make it a Jungle Book ride but keep it as Kali River Rapids with a coulpe of JB characters and pop ins. Esp since Jungle Book takes place in India, where the Kali River is

Bocabear

just about any new set pieces and enhancements would be a plus... We don't even bother with this ride anymore... It is too short, the lines are too long and I hate being soaked walking around a theme park...If it was longer and had some decent show scenes, it might be worth it.... I wonder how they dealt with this at Shanghai Disneyland... I wonder if they managed to make it more thrilling without getting everyone soaked.....

Bleed0range

IMG_2475.jpeg

This “former” Disney artist, who has worked on several attractions posted this in an Indiana Jones Facebook group today. I’m wondering if there’s some sort of new Indiana Jones attraction coming based on the new movie… or perhaps some kind of renovation to some existing Indy attraction or shop.

SpectreJordan

View attachment 719040

This “former” Disney artist, who has worked on several attractions posted this in an Indiana Jones Facebook group today. I’m wondering if there’s some sort of new Indiana Jones attraction coming based on the new movie… or perhaps some kind of renovation to some existing Indy attraction or shop.
I hope so. But I imagine Disney is waiting to see how Dial of Destiny before greenlighting any park projects.

...That isn't looking too good rn. 😞

yensidtlaw1969

View attachment 719040

The liklihood that Disney is far enough along on a yet-unannounced project to be hiring Raymond to carve show elements is low.

More likely he is being hired to carve pieces for Journey of Water or the new Polynesian Tower, something like that.

SpectreJordan

Is there a chance he's been hired to make some pieces as a show of concept to help get something greenlit? Which could still be for Moana tbh.

PK2

View attachment 719040

I saw him post something like this in another group a while ago and I presumed it was for Tiana's Bayou Adventure, to replace the carved(-style?) Splash signage. Either that or Frozen HK/Paris.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom