Indiana Jones Land?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
"how Bob Iger can save his $4bil investment"

dear god am I tired of hearing that man's name
He had them bamboozled for a long time. He managed to come out smelling like a Rose - I do give him credit for this - during the 2009-11 recession…and then he rode a wave of stupid, illegitimate cash from the us economy ever since that still hasn’t crashed and equalized.

25% skill, 75% circumstance

BlakeW39

He had them bamboozled for a long time. He managed to come out smelling like a Rose - I do give him credit for this - during the 2009-11 recession…and then he rode a wave of stupid, illegitimate cash from the us economy ever since that still hasn’t crashed and equalized.

wrong wrong wrong. Bob is a bizness genius.

HauntedMansionFLA

How much did Disney spend on stock buybacks? 47 billion??

Eric M Blake

So looking at the article in the OP, and skimming a bit through the thread....

One question: Why would the "best" part of DHS for an Indy Land NEED to be where the Stunt Spectacular is?

Last I checked, Star Tours was not in Galaxy's Edge. There's a noticeable gap between them...y'know, the Muppets, etc.

So taking a look at that part of the WDW map...sure, there's SOME space behind the show. Kinda cramped for space, though, even if they WERE to replace the show.

But seriously, why NOT take advantage of that massive space between Toy Story Land and the RnRc?

(Or is Disney saving it all in the hopes that they can make a deal with Universal to get the Avengers rights? 😏 But that's another discussion.)

Screenshot_20230528-135406_Chrome.jpg

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So looking at the article in the OP, and skimming a bit through the thread....

One question: Why would the "best" part of DHS for an Indy Land NEED to be where the Stunt Spectacular is?
Well they’re never doing it…but that’s the most easily redeveloped space
Last I checked, Star Tours was not in Galaxy's Edge. There's a noticeable gap between them...y'know, the Muppets, etc.
Because they couldn’t lose the capacity…because then they’d have to replace it. And that takes forever and costs moneybags
So taking a look at that part of the WDW map...sure, there's SOME space behind the show. Kinda cramped for space, though, even if they WERE to replace the show.

But seriously, why NOT take advantage of that massive space between Toy Story Land and the RnRc?
Because that’s a service area…and believe it or not…gotta have that. The stuff doesn’t get beamed in during the night from the Enterprise

1685925810365.jpeg

(Or is Disney saving it all in the hopes that they can make a deal with Universal to get the Avengers rights? 😏 But that's another discussion.)

View attachment 721276
Why in the hell would Disney want those marvel rights?

BlakeW39

Well they’re never doing it…but that’s the most easily redeveloped space

If Disney wanted an IP-based expansion to DHS in the future....what else could they use? Major live action franchises Disney owns the rights to...... Star Wars, Avatar, Indians Jones, Marvel. The latter of which isn't viable. Indy will fade into semi obscurity at some point because they're incapable of making a good installment to the franchise....Avatar is in DAK... and we already got SW. So what do they do? Keep in mind they don't create new franchises either... so that's not an option. Unless they get their $#!% together in the decade or so it takes them to touch DHS again..

Because they couldn’t lose the capacity…because then they’d have to replace it. And that takes forever and costs moneybags

Because that’s a service area…and believe it or not…gotta have that. The stuff doesn’t get beamed in during the night from the Enterprise

View attachment 721289

Why in the hell would Disney want those marvel rights?

Avengers are overrated. X-Men >>>

😎

Eric M Blake

If Disney wanted an IP-based expansion to DHS in the future....what else could they use? Major live action franchises Disney owns the rights to...... Star Wars, Avatar, Indians Jones, Marvel. The latter of which isn't viable. Indy will fade into semi obscurity at some point because they're incapable of making a good installment to the franchise....Avatar is in DAK... and we already got SW. So what do they do? Keep in mind they don't create new franchises either... so that's not an option. Unless they get their $#!% together in the decade or so it takes them to touch DHS again..

😎
Oddly enough, that last bit MIGHT be good point: The issue with the Avengers is that Universal Orlando has exclusive "East of the Mississippi" rights to Fantastic 4 and the Avengers so long as they pay Marvel (read: Disney) on the regular.

I'm curious If someone has similar rights to the X-Men. Because if not...

Course, this is an "Indy Land" thread. But regardless.

BlakeW39

Oddly enough, that last bit MIGHT be good point: The issue with the Avengers is that Universal Orlando has exclusive "East of the Mississippi" rights to Fantastic 4 and the Avengers so long as they pay Marvel (read: Disney) on the regular.

I'm curious If someone has similar rights to the X-Men. Because if not...

Course, this is an "Indy Land" thread. But regardless.

Yeah Universal has the rights to the X-Men as well. They make up the majority of the characters represented in their IOA land, actually

Eric M Blake

Yeah Universal has the rights to the X-Men as well. They make up the majority of the characters represented in their IOA land, actually
Well, there ya go. They also got Spidey, of course.

At any rate, looking at the GPS...even the area around the Stunt Spectacular is kinda full. Frankly, it looks like DHS has pretty much filled up all the space the service buildings have "allowed" for it. So even IF the show gets torn down, God forbid...it'd only have room for one ride, so what's the point?

HOWEVER...there is the other side of World Dr, adjacent to the DHS area.🤔
Screenshot_20230604-220513_Maps.jpg

Mind you, that spot cleared of trees is apparently used for fireworks. But regardless, most of the region is deemed "suitable." So another relatively small park that butterflies with DHS might be what the doctor ordered for Indy to have his own land.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
My belief is there is beyond zero desire to do anything to mgm for the conceivable future. They “redid it” in their way. And that park is a feeder park. Hope I’m wrong but the history is somewhat clear

😎
They’ve been a tad abused of late…so gotta start from scratch. Need more edge…like a nolan kinda take. Not cheeky like MCU or stupid like Snyder/wheedon

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member

😎
If they want to continue down the Lucas Films rabbit hole the only other option I can think of is a legacy sequel to the Jim Henson colab movie, Labyrinth. Although it'd be without Bowie. I could see it being a viable IP for park integration. Could be a franchise starter.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I love how you put "Snyder/Whedon" like they somehow belong in the same category.😂
I love how you attempt to look clever while not really grasping what you’re talking about.

They’re random examples…but a real well researched guy like yourself would know that whedon/Snyder were the defacto heads of the dc movies for a hot minute…just went off the rails right away.

You ready to hear about the 5th park yet?
You amused me so I actually got the 25 year old data for you. It’s like a research project.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If they want to continue down the Lucas Films rabbit hole the only other option I can think of is a legacy sequel to the Jim Henson colab movie, Labyrinth. Although it'd be without Bowie. I could see it being a viable IP for park integration. Could be a franchise starter.
Disney has always had a fetish for Henson…but I’m sure you’re joking about this one? 🤔

Eric M Blake

I love how you attempt to look clever while not really grasping what you’re talking about.

They’re random examples…but a real well researched guy like yourself would know that whedon/Snyder were the defacto heads of the dc movies for a hot minute...
De facto heads? Together?

Sir, in a "hot minute" you unveil you have absolutely NO idea what happened there in 2017.

Incidentally, you're talking with a guy who was a major player in the Snyder Cut movement. The very idea of Zack Snyder and Joss Whedon worked TOGETHER on anything, let alone running a studio together, is laughable.

BlakeW39

My belief is there is beyond zero desire to do anything to mgm for the conceivable future. They “redid it” in their way. And that park is a feeder park. Hope I’m wrong but the history is somewhat clear

"feeder park?"

They’ve been a tad abused of late…so gotta start from scratch. Need more edge…like a nolan kinda take. Not cheeky like MCU or stupid like Snyder/wheedon

Agreed...100%. Needs more edge for sure. The MCU actually never took itself seriously enough for my taste. But right now the MCU's main issues are three-fold:

1. making the same mistakes as the comics.... messing up the continuity and making the stories too intertwined and complex. Makes it hard to just be a 'casual fan'

2. the constant quips and humor and laughing at its own jokes. It doesn't take itself seriously... so why should I? GOTG3 was a breath of fresh air. It had jokes, but it was mature. I think most of the MCU just isn't nearly mature enough for its audience right now. The "cheeky" stuff as you call it got real old. Tonally the films are just so samey and jokey. And I liked a lot of what the MCU did at times.

3. quality is just shot. the characters are like dumbed down lamer versions of their comics counterparts and they used to actually not be that way. cgi looks bad. writing is trash. etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom