Indiana Jones Land?

yensidtlaw1969

It used to, but it's very oddly placed now that Galaxy's Edge exists.

It'd honestly be better if it was on the other side of the park. But Star Wars ride --> Muppets --> Star Wars land is very awkward.
The way they failed to naturally integrate the Star Wars additions into Hollywood Studios kind of astounds me.

Especially because there was, at one point, a proposal to build a Star Wars Land back behind Star Tours so that everything would be in one area. Though I also recall that proposal was not nearly as ambitious as Galaxy's Edge ended up being.

Instead now we end up with an impressively large but somewhat under-appealing Star Wars Land that's fully separate from the simpler, aging Star Wars Ride that happens to actually feature the characters that interest most Star Wars fans . . . with Frogs and Pigs squeezes nonsensically in the middle.

SpectreJordan

The way they failed to naturally integrate the Star Wars additions into Hollywood Studios kind of astounds me.

Especially because there was, at one point, a proposal to build a Star Wars Land back behind Star Tours so that everything would be in one area. Though I also recall that proposal was not nearly as ambitious as Galaxy's Edge ended up being.

Instead now we end up with an impressively large but somewhat under-appealing Star Wars Land that's fully separate from the simpler, aging Star Wars Ride that happens to actually feature the characters that interest most Star Wars fans . . . with Frogs and Pigs squeezes nonsensically in the middle.
I love Galaxy's Edge so I'll take that over a smaller land that fits in more naturally. But I would like them to try & adjust that area of the park some more in the future.

Even with all of the love it's gotten in the past decade, Hollywood Studios should still be a focus for expansions. I don't know if the numbers back me up, but with how busy HS always is I have to imagine it's their #2 behind MK right now. It's crazy that Disney doesn't see its current popularity & doesn't go "We need to keep adding to that one!"

The goal should be to turn it into their Islands of Adventure.

yensidtlaw1969

I love Galaxy's Edge so I'll take that over a smaller land that fits in more naturally. But I would like them to try & adjust that area of the park some more in the future.

Even with all of the love it's gotten in the past decade, Hollywood Studios should still be a focus for expansions. I don't know if the numbers back me up, but with how busy HS always is I have to imagine it's their #2 behind MK right now. It's crazy that Disney doesn't see its current popularity & doesn't go "We need to keep adding to that one!"

The goal should be to turn it into their Islands of Adventure.
I feel like DHS these days is a clear example of Disney losing the forest for the trees at WDW. I agree that crowds at DHS seem to suggets it's taken the #2 spot behind MK (not sure if that's actually true or not, but it sure feels like it). They seem to ignore the fact that DHS has the most thematic latitude and the most need for expansion of any WDW park outside of MK.

I'm not personally someone who likes to see Disney treat their Studios Parks as a catch-all for Intellectual Property, but there are definitely properties added to WDW in the last decade+ that would have been better suited for Studios than where they actually went, and there are properties at DHS that are being totally underused, and there are properties that would fit in DHS that are begging for parks representation but haven't been used anywhere at all. Add to that the fact that DHS structurally has some pretty good bones, a strong lineup of headliners, and plenty of disused buildings and the benefits of investing in the park start to seem like a no-brainer. Guests WANT to go to Hollywood Studios. They just need places to be once they get there.

DHS could absolutely be pulling more serious weight in WDW if they just made a few strategic choices. Galaxy's Edge (Rise of the Resistance in particular) was a good start. They could get that park fully off the bench and into starting lineup without breaking a sweat, I don't get why they don't.

SpectreJordan

I feel like DHS these days is a clear example of Disney losing the forest for the trees at WDW. I agree that crowds at DHS seem to suggets it's taken the #2 spot behind MK (not sure if that's actually true or not, but it sure feels like it). They seem to ignore the fact that DHS has the most thematic latitude and the most need for expansion of any WDW park outside of MK.

I'm not personally someone who likes to see Disney treat their Studios Parks as a catch-all for Intellectual Property, but there are definitely properties added to WDW in the last decade+ that would have been better suited for Studios than where they actually went, and there are properties at DHS that are being totally underused, and there are properties that would fit in DHS that are begging for parks representation but haven't been used anywhere at all. Add to that the fact that DHS structurally has some pretty good bones, a strong lineup of headliners, and plenty of disused buildings and the benefits of investing in the park start to seem like a no-brainer. Guests WANT to go to Hollywood Studios. They just need places to be once they get there.

DHS could absolutely be pulling more serious weight in WDW if they just made a few strategic choices. Galaxy's Edge (Rise of the Resistance in particular) was a good start. They could get that park fully off the bench and into starting lineup without breaking a sweat, I don't get why they don't.
Hopefully they'll start doing something soon. Having something to compete against Epic Universe's launch was never going to happen or be successful unless it was a 5th gate. But they should be looking to building stuff that'll take people away from EU after the initial launch.

Bocabear

I don't think they care about Epic Universe...there was really no response to Island Of Adventure or the Potterverse additions... Disney keeps chugging along with what they are doing. Disney's response to Epic Universe will be to finally complete the projects announced 5 years ago... and if they tried to compete now, their construction timelines are so long that Epic Universe would be celebrating it's 3rd or 4th year before TDO could finish building a new spinner ride for Galaxy's Edge...

SpectreJordan

I don't think they care about Epic Universe...there was really no response to Island Of Adventure or the Potterverse additions... Disney keeps chugging along with what they are doing. Disney's response to Epic Universe will be to finally complete the projects announced 5 years ago... and if they tried to compete now, their construction timelines are so long that Epic Universe would be celebrating it's 3rd or 4th year before TDO could finish building a new spinner ride for Galaxy's Edge...
They didn't have a response to Islands. But they definitely did with Potter; Pandora, Galaxy's Edge &, to a less extent, New Fantasyland & Toy Story were responses. Now they're not as popular as Potter, but they did try atleast lol

Fox&Hound

I think DIS will view Tiana and Tron as part of their response at least for MK, and maybe Moana in AK. But why not invest in DHS and Epcot too (unless they count Guardians)?

I agree that DHS is a great park that needs more places to explore. One huge plot of wasted land is the animation building, Dis Jr, and the pad site dining locations over by RnRC. Imagine ripping all of that out and building something proper. Build a connecting point so it is not a dead end by ToT. Maybe incoporate RnRC as part of a retheme. An E ticket and 2-3 smaller A/B/C ticket rides (sorely lacking at the park). Also imagine a new show for BatB, something new in Mermaid, and some kind of massive buildout by Indy. This park could be a huge people eater and help alleviate crowding at MK. Come on Disney. Let’s get to work and continue what you started with GE…

Rambozo

I don't know how the new movies going to be, but I think the old ones will still be relevant. And as long as the attractions are good that's all that really matters.

If they built a land where the show currently is they'd would have the 4 corners covered. Thus spreading out the crowds more effectively.

999th Happy Haunt

Been getting really excited for the new movie recently, praying it does well in the box office and is received well by critics and fans to give a new attraction a good possibility of happening. Indy is the IP with the most potential for a great theme park attraction. They've proved it before in Disneyland, now it's time to represent the franchise beyond a stunt show in Florida.

Touchdown

I’m not very excited about the sequel:
-I saw Crystal Skull
-Time Travel Shenanigans
-No Steven Spielberg or George Lucas
-I unfortunately ran across a leaked plot that if true will enrage fans (and based on emergency reshoots was probably true at one time)

Rosso11

Been getting really excited for the new movie recently, praying it does well in the box office and is received well by critics and fans to give a new attraction a good possibility of happening. Indy is the IP with the most potential for a great theme park attraction. They've proved it before in Disneyland, now it's time to represent the franchise beyond a stunt show in Florida.
I agree 100% but unfortunately from what I heard from people on the inside is that Indy has very few fans from people on top when it comes to the parks. Granted when I heard this it was a few months back before the big moves happened. Our best chance of anything significant with Indiana in the parks again is if this movie turns into a big success. Even better if they find a way to keep his character relevant to a younger generation.

SpectreJordan

I agree 100% but unfortunately from what I heard from people on the inside is that Indy has very few fans from people on top when it comes to the parks. Granted when I heard this it was a few months back before the big moves happened. Our best chance of anything significant with Indiana in the parks again is if this movie turns into a big success. Even better if they find a way to keep his character relevant to a younger generation.
A billion dollar hit might change their minds. If the new movie is good, I think it has a shot at being this year's Top Gun: Maverick. Potentially bigger since Indy is already bigger than Top Gun was before Maverick.

Tonto

I’m not very excited about the sequel:
-I saw Crystal Skull
-Time Travel Shenanigans
-No Steven Spielberg or George Lucas
-I unfortunately ran across a leaked plot that if true will enrage fans (and based on emergency reshoots was probably true at one time)
I am holding a little optimism as James Mangold has done a lot of amazing movies! He is the real deal.

Fortunately we won't have to wait too long now to find out.

Movielover

A billion dollar hit might change their minds. If the new movie is good, I think it has a shot at being this year's Top Gun: Maverick. Potentially bigger since Indy is already bigger than Top Gun was before Maverick.
I hope so. Logan was really good and dealt with a similar premise (aging hero going on one last adventure). Would love to just prove all the naysayers wrong by having the film be really great! Also TG: Maverick was my favorite film of last year so I'm still riding that high lol

Riviera Rita

I feel bad for Indy he has to put up with old Fleabag throughout the whole movie. I haven't even seen the movie and I know already. She's unlikable and probably acts like she knows everything. Much like many other badly written female characters nowadays.
I watched an episode and a half of Fleabag because everyone raved about it. I hated it, the title character was vile and I care little for Phoebe Waller Bridge as a writer.
My current favourite sitcoms are Abbott Elementary and Young Sheldon which both both prove that you don't need crudeness and crude language to be funny.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom