Indiana Jones Land?

J4546

i agree IJ is a dated IP and its much more likely disney will build something based on a more current IP but Indiana Jones is still a great jungle adventure movie series that you could easily build entire lands based off of. The IJ ride in DL is one of the best rides in the park and the way they hade it fit into adventure land is great

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
There was a plan for Indy in animation courtyard but I believe it went dead. This was back when Pixar Place was going to be a thing and SWL was going where Indy currently is.
Do you think WDW will take a pause following the major projects of Tron, Guardians, Rat, Epcot Center, Splash, Star Wars hotel, and Jungle Cruise? We fans clearly feel DAK and DHS both need more, but is that the same feeling as some WDI?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
There was a plan for Indy in animation courtyard but I believe it went dead. This was back when Pixar Place was going to be a thing and SWL was going where Indy currently is.

been kicking that around for about 25 years.
Indy is a good enough property to use still...but I don’t think they’d invest heavily in it now. Doesn’t have sizzle...Harrison Ford is 80 and not what he was...and if there’s one thing the junta in dwarf house has made clear...it’s that they don’t care what Gen x wants. The proof is there.

Do you think WDW will take a pause following the major projects of Tron, Guardians, Rat, Epcot Center, Splash, Star Wars hotel, and Jungle Cruise? We fans clearly feel DAK and DHS both need more, but is that the same feeling as some WDI?
I’ll take this one🙋🏻‍♂️
...count on it. Austerity is a coming.

the only thing to maybe change that is the X factor being built by the con

rle4lunch

Personally, I think that Disney has finally taken notice that their teat suckling of nostalgia and general lack of caring about building or taking care of their attractions is catching up to them. Their ridiculous build time(s) is still nothing short of appalling, and deserves ridicule.

DisneyDean97

I feel like Disney is such a joke when it comes to budgets lately, even if they wanted to do a mini Indy land at DHS and add the clone from DLP, that would probably cost them $100 million... with an obnoxious post from Zach Riddley saying how it took so much effort and creativity to build a clone....

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I feel like Disney is such a joke when it comes to budgets lately, even if they wanted to do a mini Indy land at DHS and add the clone from DLP, that would probably cost them $100 $500 million... with an obnoxious post from Zach Riddley saying how it took so much effort and creativity to build a clone....
Fixed the number for you. 😉

And you’d be spot on with the last line.

...it's a yungle

I feel like Disney is such a joke when it comes to budgets lately, even if they wanted to do a mini Indy land at DHS and add the clone from DLP, that would probably cost them $100 million... with an obnoxious post from Zach Riddley saying how it took so much effort and creativity to build a clone....
😆But, we would at least get the story of the behind the scene backstory of the IJ story!😏

lazyboy97o

$100 million wasn’t enough to buy Pixar Pier.

Cmdr_Crimson

The stunt show is kinda played out. IMHO it's lame, but probably a bunch cheaper than an actual ride. So that means it'll run for another 25 years without an update.
Especially being the 2nd film crew unit for footage they need for this movie...How much footage do they need for a "Special Edition" of Raiders for over 25 years? 🤔

Robbiem

DHS has an anchor "land": the Hollywood that never was. It by no means dictates the parameters of its' other lands like DAK does. DHS is Hollywood with extensions into immersive film settings. Indy fits that (and Adventureland) far more than DAK ever would. There has to be a genuine reason for its existence in the conservation, nature and animal park. Indy doesn't have that.
I think DHS is evolving into a kind of movie magic kingdom park. Old Hollywood is the ‘main street usa’ of the movies which leads you into the lands - star wars, toy story etc. Indy would be a great fit IMO as it could be the adventureland of the park and the pre WWII setting blends perfectly with Hollywood/sunset.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom