Indiana Jones Land?

J4546

i hadnt heard that but I would love for DHS to get a lush tree covered area dedicated to IJ, with the IJ ride (which is so good) as well as the small coaster from japan/paris. That would/could blend in so nicely with the endor themed star tours as well, giving the land a nice flow.

999th Happy Haunt

Since Indy is kinda an obselete franchise
B78509E4-7172-42CB-9CE9-3B5B20907A25.jpeg

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They’re actively making a movie…it releases next summer. Harrison Ford has at least 30 more years in the tank.
I know…it probably won’t be well regarded like the last one.

indy was perhaps my favorite franchise in the 1980’s…but I think the genre/appeal trended older and that might be a problem.

we’ve lost 1.5 of the generations that could really appreciate the saashbuckling/serial genre

cookiee_munster

Wasn't the stunt show rumored to get a complete overhaul? A truncated show with a newer script and effects. And to reduce it's footprint with less seating to make room for an additional Indiana Jones attraction?
I think if it were to get an overhaul, a move away from the behind the scenes approach would be a great push in the right direction to go with the parks' divergence from that working studio feel once and for all.

But I'm all for an Indiana Jones water ride adventure, as well as a possible improved version of the mine train coaster that's in Paris and Tokyo.

ppete1975

Wasn't the stunt show rumored to get a complete overhaul? A truncated show with a newer script and effects. And to reduce it's footprint with less seating to make room for an additional Indiana Jones attraction?
i doubt thats why they would make it smaller... (i doubt theres room for anything else if they just truncated it), it would just be for less staff, less actors and less materials (such as pyro) so less cost per performance and also being able to call it a new thing. I expect it to be gone eventually, it really doesnt fit anymore and is a pretty big cost.

ppete1975

i honestly think they are waiting... the new indy movie will eventually come out (talk about delays sheesh), if it does well then they will reinvigorate the area. If not then prob move on to something more popular (for today) since disney likes to hit on the new big thing.

Other option if it doesnt do well is just clone disneyland (since the IP has value even if it isnt what it was due to the sequels tarnishing the original)

I am sure they are worried since the last one did so poorly and the tv show is pretty much forgotten. They really should just make it set in the raiders of the lost ark period and that vibe (even with an all new script, and adventure) .. maybe a boat ride or an outdoor jeep attraction would be cool. But to keep it timeless they really should ignore the latter movies and just focus on raiders time frame.

Movielover

I am sure they are worried since the last one did so poorly
You do realize Crystal Skull has the second highest box office behind Raiders right? I wouldn't call that poor. If you meant critically that I can understand that a bit more but it still did well with critics and audiences for the most part. Plus I doubt that was more important to them than box office returns.

Other option if it doesnt do well is just clone disneyland (since the IP has value even if it isnt what it was due to the sequels tarnishing the original)
While another ride would be great, the Paris coaster would not be my first choice due to capacity. Unless they did a double track like Primeval Whirl. I much rather them add a different ride type in addition to the stunt show.

But to keep it timeless they really should ignore the latter movies and just focus on raiders time frame.
I don't think you understand what timeless means...

Nothing screams timeless like Nazis and 1930's technology.

I think the word you are looking for is "iconic".

ppete1975

You do realize Crystal Skull has the second highest box office behind Raiders right? I wouldn't call that poor. If you meant critically that I can understand that a bit more but it still did well with critics and audiences for the most part. Plus I doubt that was more important to them than box office returns.

While another ride would be great, the Paris coaster would not be my first choice due to capacity. Unless they did a double track like Primeval Whirl. I much rather them add a different ride type in addition to the stunt show.

I don't think you understand what timeless means...

Nothing screams timeless like Nazis and 1930's technology.

I think the word you are looking for is "iconic".
Crystal skull has not held up well, it has been the butt of many jokes and almost killed the franchise (regardless of box office), its the one movie that they wish they could forget. High box office is nice, but if the movie is forgotten or disliked there isnt a demand to create a ride. People spent money on tickets hoping it would be the indiana they loved.

Paris coaster? No the ride at disneyland california.

No I meant timeless. Please dont take it upon yourself to correct me (in fact feel free to block me so you dont see my posts). 30 years from now that movie will still be liked, just as back to the future, star wars and gone with the wind (even though the last movie may not be PC in the current environment)

"not affected by the passage of time or changes in fashion"

The definition of timeless is something that cannot be measured by time or does not go out of style. A movie that is just as popular and relevant today as it was in 1950 is an example of a timeless movie. ... Restricted to no specific time; always valid, true, or applicable

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom