Indiana Jones Adventure coming to WDW?

FettFan

Original Poster
Now that Disney owns Lucasfilm...that means Disney owns the Indiana Jones franchise too.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that it's now going to be just a matter of time before we get word on a new Indiana Jones Adventure ride.

I think it would probably be best fit at DHS as part of any park overhaul, replacing the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular. It would be the prime location, right next to Star Tours. It would also be the cornerstone attraction to revamp the whole Echo Lake area. (re-theme the 50s Prime Time Cafe into Arnie's Diner from KotCS)

SirLink

They've said no, they've said they can't afford it. Latest time was six months ago.

Nothing has changed.

Ya would think with Universal building attractions based on the very fact that those are alreay in the zeitgeist, they would be building as many zeitgeist popular related attractions as soon as possible. But hey, who wants to do that ... :eek:

copcarguyp71

I agree about it being added to DHS and that park needs more work since it is open later hours which means you run out of things to do early in the day. AK closes too early to get too crazy with expansion IMO. With so much in limbo with what, where and when with Avatarland I would sayt if it does happen it should be at DHS. I personally do not think you will see any sweeping changes in the near future though. I do not think imagineering wants to rush into anything regardless of what Uni is doing. Keeping up with the Joneses (haha) is not really their style and I think it demeans the spirit of the parks.

Just because they spent all that money does not mean they are a bottomless pit of cash flow...that is the very attitude that crashed the banks and the housing market. Just because the money is here now does not mean it always will be. The past three years should have taught us a little humility with regard to the economy and (over)spending. Freeze expansions on parks, gates and resorts until the parks are operating as close to 100% as possible.

SirLink

Nah it would fit better in DHS. It would be too similar to DINOSAUR.

Well they could innovate to try and produce a new Indy E-ticket, like base it off the Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis - they could develop it with their new boat tech. It could fit DAK greatly, why doesn't it - money and an incumbent WDI along with a stagnant management across all of Parks and Resort business.

Bob

Bo0bi3$
Premium Member
Replacing the Stunt Show with a ride would be a vast improvement for the park. The wife and I have seen the Stunt Show once, barely could sit through it all and have no interest in ever going back to it. If I were to guess, that is how most guests feel about the Stunt Show.

AndyS2992

Replacing the Stunt Show with a ride would be a vast improvement for the park. The wife and I have seen the Stunt Show once, barely could sit through it all and have no interest in ever going back to it. If I were to guess, that is how most guests feel about the Stunt Show.

Yeah. My parents went in Summer 1989 and went again last year and their response was 'It's still here?! Hasn't changed at all' .They enjoyed it but thought it was very outdated and needs to go.

erasure fan1

I have wanted them to replace the Indy stunt show with an Indy ride for a long time. Here's the thing, I would much prefer them come up with a new concept rather than cloning the ride from DL. If they did a clone, it would still be an awesome addition to the studios though. I just think that at this point something new an innovative would be best since Disney has full control of the franchise now.

powlessfamily4

I agree... I went in the early 90's when it was still MGM and I saw it for the firt time.... I am still seeing it LOL Don't get me wrong, I don't think it should go away. I just feel they should do more with it.

wiigirl

They've said no, they've said they can't afford it. Latest time was six months ago.

Nothing has changed.

Yeah, but one can hope! :p
75.gif

rufio

Agreed! We went for the first time in March of this year and it was painful to sit through. Some of the effects were cool, but overall it was so obviously fake and staged that we would never sit through it again.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Well, they did come up with 4 billion to buy Lucas out... I think they can afford whatever they want to afford... The we can't afford it excuse is just a cop out for we don't want to.
It certainly is a huge excuse. And a lie.

But please, people here need to stop saying demo the Stunt Show because you've seen it. Many many guests haven't, or are seeing it each day for the first time, and a month ago each show was still standing room only. Just because you don't like it isn't a valid argument to remove it.

Let TDO decide that for themselves.

the.dreamfinder

It certainly is a huge excuse. And a lie.

But please, people here need to stop saying demo the Stunt Show because you've seen it. Many many guests haven't, or are seeing it each day for the first time, and a month ago each show was still standing room only. Just because you don't like it isn't a valid argument to remove it.

Let TDO decide that for themselves.
I second that. But if I were Burbank, I WOULD NOT trust TDO with any major decisions or any decisions really because they screw up the little decisions too.

cheezbat

Nothing has changed.

Can't afford it my A*$!!!!
They just spent over $400 mil on a mediocre FLE. Another $1.5 billion on DCA...they have the money. They're just being cheap, like always.

And people wonder why we complain about WDW and praise Uni?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom