Indiana Jones Accident?

EPCOTPluto

I heard about it last night at 9 as well.

Was he one of the sword-wielding 'villains' from the second scene? :shrug: I can't seem to open the links about it on this othe Tablet of mine....

KentB3

This has been a terrible year for WDW, with three CM deaths in just over a month!!! Almost unbelievable! :(

My thoughts and prayers go out to friends, family members, and fellow CMs of these three.

Atomicmickey

Very sad news indeed.:(

There are no such things as curses, however. This is all just a sad
coincidence.

Thoughts go out to the family and friends affected by this tragedy.

WDWFREAK53

Maybe he was the stuntman that falls from the roof? Maybe he landed wrong.

EDIT...I may be thinking of LMAX...or does it happen in both?

WDW Vacationer

Al Lutz even bashes WDW in cases like this.

Editor's Note 8/18: Another cast member died at Disney World yesterday, the third in about a month. You have to wonder just what is going on out there. | 8/16 - 17: The summer blockouts for the majority of the 800,000+ Annual Passholders end on Sunday and Monday, and Disneyland is battening down the hatches for a huge jump in daily attendance. If you have to go to the park this week expect off-property parking, extremely long lines, and potentially closed turnstiles for a few hours each afternoon. And, Murphy the Fantasmic! dragon won't be there either. - Al Lutz

Classy.:rolleyes:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

Editor's Note 8/18: Another cast member died at Disney World yesterday, the third in about a month. You have to wonder just what is going on out there. | 8/16 - 17: The summer blockouts for the majority of the 800,000+ Annual Passholders end on Sunday and Monday, and Disneyland is battening down the hatches for a huge jump in daily attendance. If you have to go to the park this week expect off-property parking, extremely long lines, and potentially closed turnstiles for a few hours each afternoon. And, Murphy the Fantasmic! dragon won't be there either. - Al Lutz

Wouldn't expect any less from him.

trr1

so you dont have to go thru the link

Third Walt Disney World cast member dies
By Leah Zanolla
Aug 18, 2009

For the third time in less than three months, a Walt Disney World
cast member has died. Anislav Varbanov, 30, was a stunt performer in the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular at Disney's Hollywood Studios. He was fatally injured Monday night doing a tumbling roll during a rehearsal. Fellow employees called 911 at 7:34 pm to report a performer with a head injury. Varbanov was taken to Florida Hospital Celebration Health where he was pronounced dead at 8:53 pm.

The Orange County Sheriff's Office will be investigating the accident. This isn't the first time the Indiana Jones show has been the subject of investigation. In 1990, one year after the show's opening, Disney was fined $1,000 when three cast members were injured when equipment failed.

here is the link http://wdwinfo.com/

heliumalias

Does anyone know what the average number of serious (as in potentially life threatening) accidents is per year at WDW. Just wondering if most of this is just that the media have picked up on it.

In my mind these last two deaths (i.e. not the monorail one) could really have happened to any of these stunt guys at any time and that it's a complete coincidence that they've happened so close to each other. It'd be be interesting to know how often a stunt performer does get injured.

GrumpyFan

Editor's Note 8/18: Another cast member died at Disney World yesterday, the third in about a month. You have to wonder just what is going on out there. |- Al Lutz

Not to defend Al, but I second the feeling in his question. When was the last time we heard of this many cast members dying in this short a time. It may all be coincidence, but it sure is kind of odd that they would all be so close together.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Not to defend Al, but I second the feeling in his question. When was the last time we heard of this many cast members dying in this short a time. It may all be coincidence, but it sure is kind of odd that they would all be so close together.
Nothing all that odd about it as they are not related. It is just the law of averages. In an environment such as WDW "X" number of employees will die and or be injured per year, per decade, etc. These rarely happen in a timely order and thanks to our human pattern looking for brains we tend to notice them more when the occur close together.

So what the heck is going on down there? It's hard to believe that all of these major accidents are just coincidental. Arethey because of all of the cutbacks, or has Disney ticked off Karma one time too many and this is their reward? :shrug:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
So what the heck is going on down there? It's hard to believe that all of these major accidents are just coincidental. Arethey because of all of the cutbacks, or has Disney ticked off Karma one time too many and this is their reward? :shrug:
Why is it hard to believe that they are coincidental? What do the three accidents have in common? In the case of the monorail accident cutbacks are a legitimate hypothesis to explore but how would cutbacks cause the other two accidents?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom