Indiana Jones Accident?

misterID

A death, especially the death of a castmember can happen anywhere at WDW. It is an industrial work environment. Unfortunately accidental deaths are inevitable. If all it takes is a single accidental death to shutter something then you will also need to close Primeval Whirl, the Pirate Tutorial, the Monorail, Carousel of Progress, all parades, and the bus system. Closing shows and attractions on a knee jerk reaction is not the answer. Investigating and revising safety practices is.

No, no, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it should be closed, its that I would understand if it was closed. A single death is a huge deal, no matter how freak the accident is (not that you're saying its not a huge deal, just to clarify), and when it happens you do have to weigh your options when dealing with an attraction that can be removed. Since other employees have been hurt there and you do deal with the possibility of lawsuits and disability claims with that show, and how a (that) death occuring at that attraction will play into future claims and litigations, it wouldn't be surprising if they shut it down.

I'm sure this is going under an in house investigation -- that includes Disney's lawyers, who will have their own opinions other than just making it safer. Especially since this isn't an attraction like Mission Space, which was new and cost over a hundred million to build at the time of its incidents and wasn't financially feesable to get rid of it. There's not that kind of logic to keep the stunt show. Also, the show relies on performers and is more at risk for performer mistakes, unlike a roller coaster and monorails, that can be programmed or given higher safety standards and have less chances for injury. There is a difference here and why I respectfully disagree that it would be a knee jerk reaction.

And they may just come to the conclusion that the show is a staple of the park and it wouldn't be in their financial best interest to get rid of it.

_Scar

Is it bad that I think Disney might nix this show using this excuse? They already removed Indy from the park's main entrance with a Toy Story pic....

Duckberg

STUNT Safety & RIDE Safety

For me these are two different things under the same umbrella. IF WDW closes the I Jones ride what do they do as a replacement :veryconfu Duckberg :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom