News Impressions de France only available for limited time in the mornings

MrPromey

Meanwhile: Reflections of China is like..
twiddling-thumbs-mister-mr-bean-waiting-checking-time-3vmjnmltyf84qhal.gif
I'm sure if live action Mulan had done better, they'd be trying to get people to belt out "Lets Get Down To Business!" over there as I type this.

MrPromey

It was a fan base that didn’t know the internet or CGI.

They couldn’t get hit over the head with Ratatouille, Frozen, or BATB because they hadn’t been made yet.

I can’t believe anyone thinks if Walt owned Frozen, he would have opted to make Maelstrom instead. It was made out of necessity because there was nothing else.

Remember, a big part of why these pavilions originally actually focused on representing the countries was because the countries or private industry from the countries, were paying to sponsor them. (Their VIP lounge has windows looking out, just above the entrance to the ride)

Somehow, I don't think anyone in Norway would have paid to have their country represented by an animated movie loosely based on a story written by someone not even from or associated with their country.

... Maybe if it were a pavilion sponsored by Denmark.

Last edited:

aladdin2007

Remember, a big part of why these pavilions originally actually focused on representing the countries was because the countries or private industry from the countries, were paying to sponsor them. (Their VIP lounge has windows looking out, just above the entrance to the ride)

Somehow, I don't think anyone in Norway would have paid to have their country represented by an animated movie loosely based on a story written by someone not even from or associated with their country.

... Maybe if it were a pavilion sponsored by Denmark.
Actually Norway was fairly excited to see Frozen implemented and they still tried to be involved with the pavilion in some format. There was still a push to getting a sponsor on board, but for the prices Disney wanted,,,, it was a no go, with the final no decision coming from the Norwegian government at the last hour. At least there is still Norwegian cast in traditional costume.

anyway its just very sad about IDF. There is no reason why it cant alternate with the inferior sing along junk. But like another poster said a few messages up, Disney likes to be and has to be complicated. They could care less and there is no one in charge anymore who does care or knows any better. I imagine Canada will be next and turned into nothing more than drinking in the round. Saw Canada far and wide today, as soon as the song started near the end everyone started leaving, we live in a society that has absolutely no patience or attention span. Sometimes I think Disney is stuck between a rock and hard place. But replacing IDF with a horrible preschool sing along is not the answer, Imagineering is going lower and lower.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom