News Impressions de France only available for limited time in the mornings

ohioguy

That's another interesting thing I noticed. Quite a few of the cast members working at the France pavilion have been uncharacteristically open and loud about their distaste for the BATB invasion. Heard it from a number of different cast members on different days, loud enough to be heard even quite a distance away among a pretty loud crowd.

I've been visiting Disney World for over 30 years now, and i've pretty much never heard cast members so openly and boldly badmouth an attraction like that for everyone to hear. I'm proud of them for doing it and find it refreshing, though I sincerely hope they don't get in trouble.
Disney has fired cast members for less.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It was a fan base that didn’t know the internet or CGI.

They couldn’t get hit over the head with Ratatouille, Frozen, or BATB because they hadn’t been made yet.

I can’t believe anyone thinks if Walt owned Frozen, he would have opted to make Maelstrom instead. It was made out of necessity because there was nothing else.
Yeah…I got it. As long as you’re happy there…nothing is out of place. I got it…I got it…I got it.

Sir_Cliff

I'm with those who suspect this is part of the process of eventually just taking the film away by only showing it at times few people would be venturing in there to see any film.

It also wouldn't surprise me if a film that had "Beauty & the Beast Sing-a-Long" in the title or description attracted more visitors on average than one called "Impressions de France" no matter how bad it might be simply due to name recognition. Sometimes, though, the whole is greater than the sum of its parts and getting rid of this seems like further chipping away at anything that appeals to an audience that has interests beyond entering the worlds of their favourite Disney movies. It's a relatively minor attraction for them to keep running but, for those who like or discover it, feels like the kind of thing that at least used to elevate Disney above their competitors and make their parks feel like something special.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If you think you need beauty and the beast in 3 parks…and little mermaid in two (wait! Went cheap there so we’re down to 1!)…and frozen in 2…And Toy Story in 2…

Sure…load em up!!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
This is all cross promotion for the live action remake OF the live action remake of Beauty and the Beast coming in 2025.
Please tell me this isn’t true. I despise the live action remake-itis that Bob champions, because it’s lazy and cheap and embodies every insipid “de-risk” ideal Bob loves, so anything around it I tend to ignore.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
If you think you need beauty and the beast in 3 parks…and little mermaid in two (wait! Went cheap there so we’re down to 1!)…and frozen in 2…And Toy Story in 2…

Sure…load em up!!
Just wait until Frozen 3 and TS 5 are out, they’ll have even more “source material” to pull from and push into multiple parks! Forky for everyone! Elsa land part 3! Hey look, there’s the new TS character, Spoonie, who’s even dumber than Forky!!

I hate Forky, btw.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This is all cross promotion for the live action remake OF the live action remake of Beauty and the Beast coming in 2025.
1678196522836.jpeg

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I don’t know why they don’t just alternate them, BatB at the top of the hour, IDF at the bottom. Next show not the one you want? Grab a pastry/ice cream and shop for a little bit.

Because that makes sense? It would be an easy schedule for people to follow and understand? It's almost... too simple. As in, Disney wants things to be difficult these days.

drew81

This is all to push the new “Lafou’s Lyonnaise” experience coming to Chefs de France.

Here’s the press release:

“Get ready for magic! Get ready for fun! Get ready for….Lafou!

Join everyone’s favorite wisecracking, ego building and blubbering sidekick as he injects his musical refrains at Chefs de France beginning this Summer. Available for lunch and dinner, this new musical experience will feature the lovable Lafou carelessly skipping around the restaurant, engaging our Guests in joyous new renditions of classical favorites from Beauty and the Beast! Our Guests may hear lyrics and songs written about them right on the spot! Only Lafou can come up with these endless refrains! This new offering will feature new music, food options and more magic! Be sure to order the Lafou’s Lyonnaise. A new special treat! And if you’re super hungry the filet and 5 dozen eggs entree will be sure to hit the spot!

We know our Guests absolutely adore the Beauty and the Beast sing-a-long and our team has long wanted to bring an additional Lafou experience to one of our 5star dining establishments.

Reservations will begin in late April. Be sure to check the Disney Parks Blog for more exciting information.”

SpectreJordan

Very sad news if Impressions is leaving. I've never done the Sing-A-Long but it seems like an absolute waste of time.

I think each pavilion should have a film or preferably an animatronic show, losing one of the few we have now would be awful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom