Imagineers set to demo part of WOL pavilion

DarthGrady

Epcot is a park fast collapsing in on itself. Futureworld has as many if not more problems than DHS.

Sad but true Martin. Futureworld has gotten so far away from its original purpose that its nearly unrecognizable. Where we once had interesting and amusing adult-oriented exhibits; we now get mindless cheap thrills and toy commercials disguised as attractions. Combine a lack of improvements where needed with too many changes where unwelcome, and you've got a recipe for major problems.

ExtinctJenn

I've been gone for awhile due to a family emergency and I'm catching up so... anyone have any updates on this? Any pics etc. of the demo?

pipenut

I've been gone for awhile due to a family emergency and I'm catching up so... anyone have any updates on this? Any pics etc. of the demo?

First of all, sorry to hear about the family emergency. Hope all is OK.

Secondly, there really isn't much to see from the "guest" POV. The only indication you can see inside of something happening is the (ugly) white wall that now seals off the cranium command queue. The CC exit path where the telephones and bathrooms were is now cast member only area. BW has always been tucked away, so again there's nothing special to look at.

All that said I'd be interested to see if anyone has any pics from behind the pavillion or inside the "demolition zone"!

ExtinctJenn

Secondly, there really isn't much to see from the "guest" POV. The only indication you can see inside of something happening is the (ugly) white wall that now seals off the cranium command queue. The CC exit path where the telephones and bathrooms were is now cast member only area. BW has always been tucked away, so again there's nothing special to look at.

All that said I'd be interested to see if anyone has any pics from behind the pavillion or inside the "demolition zone"!
Thanks for that update! At least there is something to show that work is indeed going on. I guess really I was wondering if anyone has seen parts of the attractions dragged out behind the building etc. (i.e. anyone spying on backstage areas?). :D

Jwhee

Does anyone know what was actually removed? The only thing I can think of would be the whole CC queue up until the preshow. Preshow and main theater are still intact. It could of been the body wars sims, because the queue is still Intact with theming.

Goofyernmost

Does anyone know what was actually removed? The only thing I can think of would be the whole CC queue up until the preshow. Preshow and main theater are still intact. It could of been the body wars sims, because the queue is still Intact with theming.
Don't know for sure, but since the Sims are missing, I'd go with that part... for now.

CDavid

It has been reported here that the Body Wars simulators are going to Hong Kong for their new Iron Man attraction.

AndyS2992

It has been reported here that the Body Wars simulators are going to Hong Kong for their new Iron Man attraction.

Seems unlikely given the age of those things. They would need a hell of a lot of refurbishing to bring them up today's standards of HD picture and audio and mechanics. Would be easier to just buy in new simulators, but then again this is Disney...

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I had so much fun on Body Wars as a kid. I wish they sold stuff to the public. That sim would be more fun to me than a Lamborghini. (If I could get it working)

dolce20

Is it just me (probably) or is anyone else creeped out by this building only used for "special events"? I guess I'm creeped out by all semi-vacant/abandoned/not often used areas. I can't even look at WOL knowing there are empty or closed off rooms with remains of simulators or Cranium Command leftovers..it's just weird. Not "River Country weird"..but definitely a bit unsettling..and yes, the upstairs business @ Imagination is weird, too. And you guessed it, I can't watch a scary movie to save my life.

Last edited:

AndyS2992

Is it just me (probably) or is anyone else creeped out by this building only used for "special events"? I guess I'm creeped out by all semi-vacant/abandoned/not often used areas. I can't even look at WOL knowing there are empty or closed off rooms with remains of simulators or Cranium Command leftovers..it's just weird. Not River Country weird..but definitely a bit unsettling..
It doesn't creep me out, more frustrates and angers me that a big company like Disney thinks leaving large portions of their parks abandoned is acceptable when they have the money and attendance to build things there. The fact they keep raising the price, yet offering less is also annoying.

dolce20

It doesn't creep me out, more frustrates and angers me that a big company like Disney thinks leaving large portions of their parks abandoned is acceptable when they have the money and attendance to build things there. The fact they keep raising the price, yet offering less is also annoying.
Without a doubt. Anger over abandonment coupled with rising prices but now I'm at a point where I can't even look that direction. Creep factor is very high for me.

RedFurredCadet

Without a doubt. Anger over abandonment coupled with rising prices but now I'm at a point where I can't even look that direction. Creep factor is very high for me.
And sadly not as creepy when insiders first made a note on Buzzy before a cosmetic fix of his eye...
Don't go in unless you want to be scared by Buzzy and his lazy eye.
1001100556.jpg

:lol: Yep. That's the state he's in.

RedFurredCadet

Well, fortunately not as creepy as when Buzzy was first found back in '10 before his eye was fixed... still leaves pity in me...
Don't go in unless you want to be scared by Buzzy and his lazy eye.
1001100556.jpg

:lol: Yep. That's the state he's in.

But alas, according to new photos surfacing, some of the props are already receiving the red stickers, sealing the props fate into the archives. I have a feeling that after the mending, our captain'll have a bright red sticker on the back of his neck, or eventually his... seat?

PeterAlt

I would not get my hopes up too much. About the most I could see them doing is gutting Body Wars or Cranium Command for use for special events.
I actually disagree with this statement. I say get your hopes up. Something tells me announcements (plural) are planned for EC this year! Between this, Imagination, Soaring, the Mystery 2015 Project, and UoE in need for an update it's a safe bet at least something is planned.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom