Imagineers set to demo part of WOL pavilion

jdmdisney99

Up till now, I thought it was just a low budget overlay of Nemo characters on top of the original ride and nothing more!
IMO, that's what it is. Take the screen technology shared with DL, some paster for rocks and coral, the music from the AK musical, some new blue paint, a wrecking ball and some sand and you've got the new 'Seas' pavilion. Turtle Talk too, but that was around for a short time before the transition.

PeterAlt

IMO, that's what it is. Take the screen technology shared with DL, some paster for rocks and coral, the music from the AK musical, some new blue paint, a wrecking ball and some sand and you've got the new 'Seas' pavilion. Turtle Talk too, but that was around for a short time before the transition.
Right, but I didn't know they got rid of the pre and post shows and replaced it with extended track. I didn't know they added effects and AA figures to the ride. The projections are better technologically than what I imagined it to be. It reminds me of the original Neptune overlay effects they originally planned but were cut.

Last edited:

PeterAlt

If so, I have to apologize for my past transgressions here where we had little debates. I also want to discussion some of the videos you made that I've seen, but there's plenty of time for that later!

PeterAlt

I was planning on re-editing your transportation video with some corrections and additions, based on my independent research I've been doing over the past couple of years. Now that I know you are him, I won't do anything without your permission first.

PeterAlt

but still nothing for the WoL pavilion making my more than 16 month old statement that @PeterAlt quoted is still correct.
Okay, now I understand what you meant.

My take, re-evaluated:

If they're spending capital to do a partial demo, they plan on spending capital on structure later.

If they spend capital on demo and structure, it's not simply going to be for more convention space, although this is needed.

Think back when they drained and filled the 2kLutS Lagoon. FLE did not follow right away, nor was it announced (or even planned) until some time later. An attraction was secretly in the planning stages then (Bald Mountain) for the newly reclaimed land. Bald Mountain was cancelled, but that doesn't really matter because an attraction was eventually built there (FLE).

Immediately after the lagoon became reclaimed land, the lot became Ariel's Grotto - a meet and greet that the Magic Kingdom desperately needed. It was added as a temporary fill until Bald Mountain was ready to begin construction (and later until FLE construction began).

Think of the demo work as paralleling the 2KLUtS Lagoon draining work. Think of the subsequent WoL structural work paralleling the 2kLUtS Lagoon landfill work. Think of an announcement of additional convention space at that parcel paralleling the announcement of the Ariel meet and greet for the 2tLUtS Lagoon parcel.

A future attraction on the WoL parcel could then extend from whatever work they are planning in the immediate future. The new structure would be designed to incorporated such expansion.

Just like all the steps that preceded FLE, any work planned for the WoL parcel in the immediate future is but a step towards an eventual big budget attraction there.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Okay, now I understand what you meant.

My take, re-evaluated:

If they're spending capital to do a partial demo, they plan on spending capital on structure later.

If they spend capital on demo and structure, it's not simply going to be for more convention space, although this is needed.

Think back when they drained and filled the 2kLutS Lagoon. FLE did not follow right away, nor was it announced (or even planned) until some time later. An attraction was secretly in the planning stages then (Bald Mountain) for the newly reclaimed land. Bald Mountain was cancelled, but that doesn't really matter because an attraction was eventually built there (FLE).

Immediately after the lagoon became reclaimed land, the lot became Ariel's Grotto - a meet and greet that the Magic Kingdom desperately needed. It was added as a temporary fill until Bald Mountain was ready to begin construction (and later until FLE construction began).

Think of the demo work as paralleling the 2KLUtS Lagoon draining work. Think of the subsequent WoL structural work paralleling the 2kLUtS Lagoon landfill work. Think of an announcement of additional convention space at that parcel paralleling the announcement of the Ariel meet and greet for the 2tLUtS Lagoon parcel.

A future attraction on the WoL parcel could then extend from whatever work they are planning in the immediate future. The new structure would be designed to incorporated such expansion.

Just like all the steps that preceded FLE, any work planned for the WoL parcel in the immediate future is but a step towards an eventual big budget attraction there.

Unless the demolition was just a few walls or something like that to better accommodate the events that are held in there.

jdmdisney99

Thinking about it, Peter's idea for something at TTC makes real sense. Open a convention center there and demolish WoL. Then the convention attendees could have access to all the parks and not just one (if they expanded monorails).

PeterAlt

Now, as for additional conventional space....

(Warning: Peter's monorail rant follows)

(Double warning: rant involves monorail footings)

To add additional convention space, while also replacing the lost WoL convention space and the eventual lost space of tearing down the that big structure leftover from the Millennium International Village, they could use the monorail footings buried backstage at Future World East and extend the monorail inside EC and to an undeveloped parcel already zoned for mixed use located between Backstage Ln and Bonnet Creek Parkway and Overpass Rd and LBV Blvd, as shown:
image.jpg

It would run a very short distance and loop back. It could be designed to allow expansion from that point to Disney Springs, if future budgets enable it. The convention facility could also be designed for an eventual future hotel connected to or built on top of it. A parking structure can always be added to the facility.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
You will find that most of what I struggle with here are ideas that make sense, versus people who keep making excuses for the status-quo, trying to convince us that what (in my mind) is boring, lame, un-inspired, and un-Disney-like is something they refer to as "reality". Great entrepreneurs like Walt Disney, Steve Jobs, etc. never accepted lame as their reality. The dream fades when you accept less.

You want reality, I just posted a thread about this on the General Board..

Number of new rides that have been build at WDW by decade...

1971-1979: Added 19
1980-1989: Added 14
1990-1999: Added 13
2000-2009: Added 8
2010-2017: Added 5 (Estimated)

Goofyernmost

You want reality, I just posted a thread about this on the General Board..

Number of new rides that have been build at WDW by decade...

1971-1979: Added 19
1980-1989: Added 14
1990-1999: Added 13
2000-2009: Added 8
2010-2017: Added 5 (Estimated)
Does that include new parks?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom